The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 12th, 2023

richwmn

Today is Chocolate Milk Shake Day, National Video Games Day, and National Day of Encouragement

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.--H. Jackson Brown Jr., P.S. I Love You

Meal Suggestion for today - Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce
Drink of the Day - Sqrrl Carajillo
Wine of the Day - 2021 Brother Miller Thankfulness Red wine
Destination of the Day - Casablanca, Morocco

Today in History:
1940 Four teens, following their dog down a hole near Lascaux, France discover 17,000 year old drawings now known as the Lascaux Cave Paintings

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Glacier Bay, Alaska, Icy Strait Point, Alaska 0700-1600,1800-2200

Koningsdam

Skagway, Alaska 0700-2000

Nieuw Amsterdam

Ketchikan, Alaska 0700-1500

Nieuw Statendam

Lisbon, Portugal 0700-1600

Noordam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 0830-1830

Oosterdam

Toulon, France 0900-1800

Rotterdam

Alesund, Norway 0800-1700

Volendam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, Canada eta 09-13

Westerdam

Juneau, Alaska 1300-2100

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Boston, MA eta 09-13

Zuiderdam

Sydney, Nova Scotia 1100-1800

0912World.thumb.png.c836af4b415b8e71f96d5680e43214af.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.

It has been 57°F and raining most of this morning.

Thank you Rich for today's daily reports.

Thank you in advance to 

Ann, Debbie and Dixie for the food and beverage reports and Vanessa for all of our lists.

3 interesting days and quote.

Today's food sounds great.

We have been to Casablanca on a cruise.

I hope everyone is safe and well today and y'all have a great day.

IMG_20230912_083743.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_113603.jpg

• Like 33

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

It's raining here right now, but Bertie doesn't mind so we'll go for a walk when it gets light.

I haven't had a milkshake in ages, today could be the day.  I'm not a video game player, we all need encouragement sometimes.

I like the quote.

The meal sounds good, not sure about the drink, and hope the wine is tasty.

I've never been to today's port.  Prayers for Morocco.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a great day.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Smitty34877’s DH Lou hospitalized

Rafinmd (Roy) testing positive for Covid

Catmando’s brother Scott with a stroke 9/4

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina; Earthquake in Morocco with many deaths

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Hurricane Lee 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare and neck pain

Crazy For Cats’ DM with a fall, pacemaker inserted, now in rehab facility

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Puppycanducruise, Happy Birthday to your DM

Ottahand 7 home from the lake cabin

Heartgrove in Hamburg pre-cruise

Mr. Boston in Europe prior to cruising

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas doing well and getting the ok to cruise!

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa Sept 14 to Sept 24) British Isles

2 days for Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas Sept 14 to Sept 28) Canada and Greenland

2 days for Mr. Boston (Oosterdam Sept 14 to Oct 8 ) Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities

3 days for Cruising-along (Celebrity Solstice Sept 15 to Sept 22) Alaska

4 days for Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia Sept 16 to Sept 29, B2B) NY/Canada/NE

5 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam Sept 17 to Oct 1) Great Alaskan Explorer

HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B), Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to Sept 13) and RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy to Sept 20, B2B)

• Like 24
  • Thanks 14

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie.  Had a good night last night but just did a self test and still positive.  I'll celebrate Encouragement (I think all of us do) but will pass on the other 2 days. 

I think I like the quote (as long as the exploring does not get into harming others),

Been to Casablanca on the Wind Star in 2014.  I hope the devastation from the earthquake there was not too bad.

Sometimes dogs will lead us to great discoveries.

Not sure about the meal.  My alternative is Canaletto Salad, Grilled Striploin, and TIramisu. as served in MS Westerdam's Canaletto September 8, 2023.

Roy

• Like 35

Good morning all.  Prayers for all who are unwell.  Today should be a nice day with lower humidity.  I hope to get a walk in today but time will tell.  

Murderer/escapee update:  Police think they are close.  It is believed that he is armed with a stolen rifle and was shot at by a homeowner.  Folks in area are in a “shelter in place” and schools are closed.  Area he is supposedly in is less than 10 miles from me.

Cruise Update:  Royal sent out a message that we will know something by Wednesday.  Folks flying in told to take flight — basically we are going somewhere.  Don’t know where —we can’t go south or probably north.  My guess is Quebec rather than Greenland.  Hope there are no dramatic hurricane path changes.  Certainly looks like I have to make some changes in what I have packed for both of us.  

Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  I have 68F here with a high of 88 and mostly sunny skies later today.  There is a chance of showers this evening.  Yesterday we had several afternoon pop up showers with some loud thunder, too.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.

Yesterday I completed 7 pages on my cruise photo book and placed photos on 2 more pages so a very good day on that front.  Meanwhile my current laptop is giving me some mechanical clues that it wants to be replaced so a new one was ordered and may be here tomorrow.  Hopefully getting that set up won't deter me from posting here.

A few varied days of celebration.  Chocolate milk shakes are good but something I rarely indulge in.  I don't do video games and I'm probably not coordinated enough to do so.  A day of encouragement sounds positive.  I like today's very good quote and would definitely try the chicken satay skewers.  I have no idea if I'd like the drink but will pass on the red wine today.  And what a day that was in 1940 for those four teenagers in France!  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers for our Care list people especially Lou and Terry @smitty34877, Tana, Baby Murphy, Roy @rafinmd, Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk and Chuck's DB, Terri @Cruzin Terri, my DB and my friends DB Mark, all affected by natural disasters around the world, and anyone else who may be in need of them.  Hope I haven't forgotten anyone here!  Cheers and congrats to all on the Celebration list.  Happy birthday to @puppycanducruise's DM!  Enjoy your cruises everyone!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your care in taking care of the C & C lists!

Our port of the day is Casablanca, Morocco and that is a first timer for us.  No links and everyone will have to search for photos on their own, me included.  Good luck!

DD sent photos of the Fall tree in her foyer.  She says it's slightly different than last fall because she did the top differently. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I'm off to get photos of Casablanca and will show them in a new post.  Hoping all here have a wonderful day!

• Like 36

7 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Today’s Care list:

Cruising sister’s great niece Baby Murphy post-surgery, on vent, unstable

Smitty34877’s DH Lou hospitalized

Rafinmd (Roy) testing positive for Covid

Catmando’s brother Scott with a stroke 9/4

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

Wildfires in Maui/Lahaina; Earthquake in Morocco with many deaths

Canadian/US wildfires; those in the path of Hurricane Lee 

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Cruzin Terri with PMR flare and neck pain

Crazy For Cats’ DM with a fall, pacemaker inserted, now in rehab facility

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Puppycanducruise, Happy Birthday to your DM

Ottahand 7 home from the lake cabin

Heartgrove in Hamburg pre-cruise

Mr. Boston in Europe prior to cruising

Live4Cruises’ DH Nicholas doing well and getting the ok to cruise!

DeeniEncinitas safe on Maui

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Heartgrove (MSC Preziosa Sept 14 to Sept 24) British Isles

2 days for Lady Hudson (Jewel of the Seas Sept 14 to Sept 28) Canada and Greenland

2 days for Mr. Boston (Oosterdam Sept 14 to Oct 8 ) Med Tapestry, Greece & Adriatic Antiquities

3 days for Cruising-along (Celebrity Solstice Sept 15 to Sept 22) Alaska

4 days for Haljo1935 (Carnival Venezia Sept 16 to Sept 29, B2B) NY/Canada/NE

5 days for SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam Sept 17 to Oct 1) Great Alaskan Explorer

HAL4NOW (Zaandam to Sept 13, B2B), Crazy for Cats (Zaandam to Sept 13) and RMLincoln (Norwegian Joy to Sept 20, B2B)

Thank you for today's extensive lists Vanessa @JazzyV.

Tomorrow will be the 65th anniversary of Pauline's baby brother Roy's death.

He was only 2 months old and had heart issues.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  I have 68F here with a high of 88 and mostly sunny skies later today.  There is a chance of showers this evening.  Yesterday we had several afternoon pop up showers with some loud thunder, too.  Thank you Rich @richwmn for our Daily and Fleet Report.

Yesterday I completed 7 pages on my cruise photo book and placed photos on 2 more pages so a very good day on that front.  Meanwhile my current laptop is giving me some mechanical clues that it wants to be replaced so a new one was ordered and may be here tomorrow.  Hopefully getting that set up won't deter me from posting here.

A few varied days of celebration.  Chocolate milk shakes are good but something I rarely indulge in.  I don't do video games and I'm probably not coordinated enough to do so.  A day of encouragement sounds positive.  I like today's very good quote and would definitely try the chicken satay skewers.  I have no idea if I'd like the drink but will pass on the red wine today.  And what a day that was in 1940 for those four teenagers in France!  Thank you Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports today.

Prayers for our Care list people especially Lou and Terry @smitty34877, Tana, Baby Murphy, Roy @rafinmd, Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk and Chuck's DB, Terri @Cruzin Terri, my DB and my friends DB Mark, all affected by natural disasters around the world, and anyone else who may be in need of them.  Hope I haven't forgotten anyone here!  Cheers and congrats to all on the Celebration list.  Happy birthday to @puppycanducruise's DM!  Enjoy your cruises everyone!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for your care in taking care of the C & C lists!

Our port of the day is Casablanca, Morocco and that is a first timer for us.  No links and everyone will have to search for photos on their own, me included.  Good luck!

DD sent photos of the Fall tree in her foyer.  She says it's slightly different than last fall because she did the top differently. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

I'm off to get photos of Casablanca and will show them in a new post.  Hoping all here have a wonderful day!

Lovely tree decorations.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

We arrived in Casablanca, Morocco for the first and so far only time, on April 4, 2018.  It was on the Prinsendam on the Grand Mediterranean and Africa cruise.  The cruise line provided a shuttle to downtown because it was quite a long way from the ship to the gates of the port.  Then it was even further to the downtown square where they dropped everyone off.  And look at all this traffic!

Here we are at the drop-off spot, from which everyone scattered to do their own thing.

We had decided to walk first to the Place Jamaa Souk and then on to the famous Hassan II mosque.

Exterior of souk.

Continuing on without a purchase, we took a left turn (thank goodness for the map!), and soon saw this place – the Ecole Royale Navale.  I didn’t know what it was at the time but research says it’s a university or learning institution.

After a 55 minute hike from the bus drop off, we arrived at the Hassan II mosque, largest in Africa and 7th largest in the world.  Honestly, it looked closer on the map!

Look at the size of this plaza.  It’s enormous!

Such beautiful architecture

In the distance you could see the El Hank Lighthouse

With a last look at this fountain, which I would like to have jumped into at this point, we turned around and started back to the pick-up point. Tours of the mosque are available if you wish.  We did not want to spend more time there though I’m sure it was spectacular inside.

Along the way to the bus stop we saw one of the buses headed back to the ship and the driver picked up cruisers like us at stop lights.  That cut off a lot of walking.  When we returned to the Prinsendam we were quite ready for food and drink, and a long rest!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 4

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It has been 57°F and raining most of this morning.

Thank you Rich for today's daily reports.

Thank you in advance to 

Ann, Debbie and Dixie for the food and beverage reports and Vanessa for all of our lists.

3 interesting days and quote.

Today's food sounds great.

We have been to Casablanca on a cruise.

I hope everyone is safe and well today and y'all have a great day.

IMG_20230912_083743.jpg

Screenshot_20230912_113603.jpg

Ok, let’s see; another familiar photo. It’s Mr. Cafe, a bacon sandwich and it’s 9/12/23, 14 degrees, 8:37 am. Ok Sherlock RNB, where is Graham at?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

Thank you for today’s R & D, Rich. A lovely early morning after a night of wild lightning & thunder with a touch of rain. An early dermatologist appointment, then gym,Bindi walks, chores and pool time. 

Vanessa, thank you for sharing our happenings. 

IMG_1739.jpeg.f4ce1fc0df3d8afa550768906b9861cb.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg.666f5bd7a16f34c01043603a2d6c6c0f.jpeg

IMG_1737.jpeg.7520c7e14a66d001d035827a5c38ecc0.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry happy to read your neighbors are helping. I wish I could ease your burden. Hopefully Lou will be home soon. 
Roy, hope you get a bit better every day. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! 

Hole you all have a great day!

2021 Brother Miller Thankfulness Red wine

This vintage of this red blend is only available through the Naked wine club. But other vintages may be available elsewhere. Consumers give this wine a very good review. Reasonably priced at $14.59.

Distributor notes

This unique blend of Pinot Noir and Barbera is flush with bright, juicy and feastworthy flavors like cherries, cranberries, fresh garden herbs and a sprinkle of spice. 

5th-generation winemakers Nicholas and Marshall harvested grapes from the Paso Robles Highlands – where their family owns 2 of the most famous vineyards in California – to make a wine you’ll be thankful for all year long. It’s perfect for Thanksgiving – and anytime in between.
Drink now or in 1-3 years. 

Food match
It pairs with Thanksgiving turkey and other poultry dishes - even chicken tacos! - and is a perfect aperitif.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8

Good early morning to all!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  If I have a milkshake, it must be chocolate and very thick, not a video game player and we should all give and get encouragement.  LOVE the quote and the meal, ? on the drink, yes to the wine and never been to Morocco.  What a cool day of the week.

Yesterday was a very busy day; read the daily but didn't post.  Off to the gym and subbing a high school English class today.  Right now I can hear thunder and see lightening but it seems to be off to the west a tad.

Thoughts to those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 30

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We arrived in Casablanca, Morocco for the first and so far only time, on April 4, 2018.  It was on the Prinsendam on the Grand Mediterranean and Africa cruise.  The cruise line provided a shuttle to downtown because it was quite a long way from the ship to the gates of the port.  Then it was even further to the downtown square where they dropped everyone off.  And look at all this traffic!

Here we are at the drop-off spot, from which everyone scattered to do their own thing.

We had decided to walk first to the Place Jamaa Souk and then on to the famous Hassan II mosque.

Exterior of souk.

Continuing on without a purchase, we took a left turn (thank goodness for the map!), and soon saw this place – the Ecole Royale Navale.  I didn’t know what it was at the time but research says it’s a university or learning institution.

After a 55 minute hike from the bus drop off, we arrived at the Hassan II mosque, largest in Africa and 7th largest in the world.  Honestly, it looked closer on the map!

Look at the size of this plaza.  It’s enormous!

Such beautiful architecture

In the distance you could see the El Hank Lighthouse

With a last look at this fountain, which I would like to have jumped into at this point, we turned around and started back to the pick-up point. Tours of the mosque are available if you wish.  We did not want to spend more time there though I’m sure it was spectacular inside.

Along the way to the bus stop we saw one of the buses headed back to the ship and the driver picked up cruisers like us at stop lights.  That cut off a lot of walking.  When we returned to the Prinsendam we were quite ready for food and drink, and a long rest!

Nice photos Sandi.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Squirrl Carajilio cocktail:

Ingredients
1/2 part SQRRL® Peanut Butter Whiskey
1/2 part Hornitos® Reposado Tequila
1 part Espresso
Garnish: Coffee Beans

Instructions
Combine ingredients in an ice-filled shaker and shake until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. 

Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 7.43.02 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 13

37 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Ok, let’s see; another familiar photo. It’s Mr. Cafe, a bacon sandwich and it’s 9/12/23, 14 degrees, 8:37 am. Ok Sherlock RNB, where is Graham at?

I'm pleased you liked the photo @RedneckBob.😃

We are lucky to have lots of nice beaches near us.

I was up early to drive Pauline to her office and then I got my breakfast from McDonald's drive thru which is under 2 miles from this beach car park.

It was a cheesy/bacon flatbread with a nice flat white coffee.😋

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 22

59 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Good morning all.  Prayers for all who are unwell.  Today should be a nice day with lower humidity.  I hope to get a walk in today but time will tell.  

Murderer/escapee update:  Police think they are close.  It is believed that he is armed with a stolen rifle and was shot at by a homeowner.  Folks in area are in a “shelter in place” and schools are closed.  Area he is supposedly in is less than 10 miles from me.

Cruise Update:  Royal sent out a message that we will know something by Wednesday.  Folks flying in told to take flight — basically we are going somewhere.  Don’t know where —we can’t go south or probably north.  My guess is Quebec rather than Greenland.  Hope there are no dramatic hurricane path changes.  Certainly looks like I have to make some changes in what I have packed for both of us.  

Have a great day.  Katherine 

As long as it's taking to grab Cavacante, I hope you aren't on lockdown when the time comes to go to the port.

Roy

• Like 25

We stopped in Casablanca this past April while aboard the Zuiderdam.  We took a half day highlights tour of the city that started with a drive by of Rick’s Cafe.  Of course, this business was established years after the movie.  Our first stop was at the Hassan II Mosque, which is the third largest mosque in the world, but has the tallest minaret.  Over 100,000 people can attend a service here, but that includes attendees in the courtyard.  We next stopped at a restaurant on the beach where we had mint tea and cookies.  We also stopped at the city’s primary Catholic Church.  We then went to the New Medina area where we could see the outside of the Royal Palace.  We walked along the streets looking at the various shops.IMG_1872.thumb.jpeg.093092fbf7457df3b250f456f803cf8b.jpeg

IMG_1886.thumb.jpeg.bc6ed4c10ab4e1d4708455252094f867.jpeg

the Catholic Church

DSC03900.thumb.jpeg.e70141ec756ede236b2bf5148736d865.jpeg

IMG_1896.thumb.jpeg.6ed3cc4b2cf1a7bfee645542e8b3f91b.jpeg

DSC03949.thumb.jpeg.90a7d59a123a0d5d0a29657c9fa9e521.jpeg

DSC03945.thumb.jpeg.acd8ac7e344cb06e0de1edbbe97f624f.jpeg

DSC03938.thumb.jpeg.74f9efce85105b64f16ed3661c21bf08.jpeg

DSC03939.thumb.jpeg.5729b7b6b7f86b72b1f0803ce1604f34.jpeg

DSC03943.thumb.jpeg.6964bb5cfc29065f8339ae227dac4229.jpeg

IMG_1921.thumb.jpeg.9229893270409ae6b7bc84f20efa4761.jpeg

IMG_1922.thumb.jpeg.a506ce2f78243f00f339d38175c993fd.jpeg

IMG_1924.thumb.jpeg.995b89443a187299c5291bc10d14464c.jpeg

A local bakery 

IMG_1919.thumb.jpeg.66aa273ed9e3917412a2b7c51ddc8797.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

As long as it's taking to grab Cavacante, I hope you aren't on lockdown when the time comes to go to the port.

Roy

What a thought!  I am hearing that people are able to leave their homes but their cars need to be checked by the police.  If home they are to stay inside with doors, windows, cars locked.  Katherine 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

27 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

We stopped in Casablanca this past April while aboard the Zuiderdam.  We took a half day highlights tour of the city that started with a drive by of Rick’s Cafe.  Of course, this business was established years after the movie.  Our first stop was at the Hassan II Mosque, which is the third largest mosque in the world, but has the tallest minaret.  Over 100,000 people can attend a service here, but that includes attendees in the courtyard.  We next stopped at a restaurant on the beach where we had mint tea and cookies.  We also stopped at the city’s primary Catholic Church.  We then went to the New Medina area where we could see the outside of the Royal Palace.  We walked along the streets looking at the various shops.IMG_1872.thumb.jpeg.093092fbf7457df3b250f456f803cf8b.jpeg

IMG_1886.thumb.jpeg.bc6ed4c10ab4e1d4708455252094f867.jpeg

the Catholic Church

DSC03900.thumb.jpeg.e70141ec756ede236b2bf5148736d865.jpeg

IMG_1896.thumb.jpeg.6ed3cc4b2cf1a7bfee645542e8b3f91b.jpeg

DSC03949.thumb.jpeg.90a7d59a123a0d5d0a29657c9fa9e521.jpeg

DSC03945.thumb.jpeg.acd8ac7e344cb06e0de1edbbe97f624f.jpeg

DSC03938.thumb.jpeg.74f9efce85105b64f16ed3661c21bf08.jpeg

DSC03939.thumb.jpeg.5729b7b6b7f86b72b1f0803ce1604f34.jpeg

DSC03943.thumb.jpeg.6964bb5cfc29065f8339ae227dac4229.jpeg

IMG_1921.thumb.jpeg.9229893270409ae6b7bc84f20efa4761.jpeg

IMG_1922.thumb.jpeg.a506ce2f78243f00f339d38175c993fd.jpeg

IMG_1924.thumb.jpeg.995b89443a187299c5291bc10d14464c.jpeg

A local bakery 

IMG_1919.thumb.jpeg.66aa273ed9e3917412a2b7c51ddc8797.jpeg

Nice photos of Casablanca and of yourselves.

• Like 16