Check your folios daily

travellingnana

28 minutes ago, memoak said:

Sunday through Sunday would be an 8 day cruise

Cruise voyages are actually by the night (like staying at a hotel or land resort).  Technically a guest is on the ship on eight different calendar days, but the voyage is 7 nights and can be as long as 2 hrs short of 7 full days (Say, board at 11am and debark at 9am).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, memoak said:

Sunday through Sunday would be an 8 day cruise

No it would not.  I am about to get on the Discovery Princess on Sunday September 24 around noon, and disembark on Sunday October 1 whenever they kick me off (9 am?)  That is Sunday to Sunday, but it is less than 7 full days, and it is billed as a 7-day cruise.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, deltahog said:

No it would not.  I am about to get on the Discovery Princess on Sunday September 24 around noon, and disembark on Sunday October 1 whenever they kick me off (9 am?)  That is Sunday to Sunday, but it is less than 7 full days, and it is billed as a 7-day cruise.

It would help if Princess was consistent and labeled everything by nights.  That said, it seems to be an industry thing.  A quick survey of several cruise line websites from the basic to the luxury indicates most are using the term "days".  I only found "nights" used for RCI, DIS, MSC, Cunard.  Virgin only had numbers on their booking page so the user can choose their own way I suppose.

Regardless of all this, the voyage is for a number of nights no matter what word is used.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

on a typical 7 day cruise - Sunday to Sunday - when does your PLUS package start and end? - given that a Princess PLUS day is 6am to 6am the next day

The Plus package starts when you board the ship and ends when you leave. Your 15-drink limit applies each day from 6 am to 6 am. On embarkation day, you can drink 15 from embarkation until 6 am the next morning. On disembarkation day, you can drink 15 from 6 am until you leave the ship. So you could actually get 8 days of 15 drinks each on a 7-night cruise.

I know several people, including myself, who've reached the 15-drink limit on some days. However, I don't know of anyone who has ever reached the 15-drink limit on disembarkation day from 6 am until leaving the ship. You might want to try it and see what happens.😀

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, travellingnana said:

This is the first time we have cruised without the plus package. Every other day we have to go to guest services to get bar charges removed. 

Have you tried using the crew chat featured?  That worked for us the couple of times we had erroneous charges.

37 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Have you tried using the crew chat featured?  That worked for us the couple of times we had erroneous charges.

We have not. DH likes to go down to GS to talk to them directly and tell them how many times he’s had to come down. Obviously this hasn’t made a difference. 😏. We’ve found that if we go down before dinner no one is in line. 

• Haha 1

It is the random nature of the charges that amuse me, so far as well as the odd alcoholic drink which should have been included we have been charged for, a glass of milk, a ginger beer, and a hot chocolate. Lester in guest service is my new best friend! He prints my account and removes the bar charges before handing it to me.

• Like 1

Had drinks incorrectly added to my folio several times.  But on the Carribean once, my husband went to service desk to have one removed, and the person behind the desk asked him, "How do you know your wife didn't order the drink.  Were you with her every minute of the day?"  Yikes.  She did remove it after getting an earful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

A charge for a glass of milk caught my eye. I've always gotten milk free of charge at the bar next to the Intl. Cafe to go with my cookies. Are they charging for it now? 

WHAT ! 

What ship and when was that on?

Was it from room service?

Was the charge removed?

5 hours ago, 1965 said:

A charge for a glass of milk caught my eye. I've always gotten milk free of charge at the bar next to the Intl. Cafe to go with my cookies. Are they charging for it now? 

We got cookies from the international cafe and then ask for a glass of milk - we were charged for the milk

44 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

We got cookies from the international cafe and then ask for a glass of milk - we were charged for the milk

I'm tired of people saying I got the Plus package because I drink a lot of booze. I purchased the Plus package because I want milk with my cookies - and I eat a lot of cookies. 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, roxievegas said:

I can usually find a work around for most things.  Want to charge me for a glass of milk?  I'll just go to the self service coffee station and get some from one of the pitchers.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

They usually have bloody Marys and mimosas available in the MDR. 

There were a lot of folks waiting close by to the IC and many sitting in the Good Spirits lounge last week on Sapphire on disembarkation day.  It was open and serving. We didn’t get up to leave until about 9:45 so that’s 3:45 of drinking.  I do not want to be around anyone who tries to down 15 drinks in that amount of time.

On 9/19/2023 at 11:38 PM, travellingnana said:

We have not. DH likes to go down to GS to talk to them directly and tell them how many times he’s had to come down. Obviously this hasn’t made a difference. 😏. We’ve found that if we go down before dinner no one is in line. 

My one visit to GS last week on our final night was very frustrating.  Who designs a ship with guest services facing a Piazza where loud music plays daily?  Neither the rep nor I could hear the other. Hmm, maybe that was on purpose.

Edited by BamaVol
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

My one visit to GS last week on our final night was very frustrating.  Who designs a ship with guest services facing a Piazza where loud music plays daily?  Neither the rep nor I could hear the other. Hmm, maybe that was on purpose.

Another reason that the Piazza doesn’t need all the games and loud music.  We weren’t able to even hear each other either.

What happened to the music and games on the Lido sometimes?  🤔