The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday September 23rd, 2023

richwmn

One thing that I enjoy about this thread on CC is that I learn something new every day, and not necessarily involved with cruising.  I had never heard the term "Teal Talk" until today.  And it motivated me to look up and learn about ASL.  I had assumed that ASL was a different way to express the English language for deaf people.  Not true.  ASL has little to due with the English language.  In fact, there are hundreds of sign languages.  Those who use British Sign Language cannot communicate with those who use American Sign Language as they are different languages.

I have also learned something about Cruise Critic.  Not sure, but it looks like a much higher percentage of those who cruise on the mainstream cruise lines like HAL and Princess use CC than those who cruise on the smaller luxury cruise lines like Seabourn.  We are booked on a 33 day portion of a Seabourn world cruise starting in January, 2024.  On it's roll call there are 25 entries as of yesterday.  On the Zuiderdam WC starting in January, 2024 there are 2293 entries.  I know there are more passengers on Zuiderdam than Sojourn, but 92 times as many.  Not sure of the reason.

Ray

• Like 22

5 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

Happy First Day of Fall to all!!  Thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  Though it is ~70F now it seems a tad cool.  We won't hit 100F today so it is definitely fall!!

I celebrate the days especially sign language.  I used to finger spell a lot (even taught my girls how to).  Started in HS where I would sit in the front of the class during tests and then finger spell the answers to the "not so good" students in the back.  And when I worked at Burger King (crew to ass't mgr) we had a girl who was deaf so we all had classes on sign language so we could "talk" to her.  I still remember some but not a lot.

Frost may have something there.  I will pass on the food and drink and never been to St Anthony.  Very interesting days in history!!

Well, as predicted, I didn't get everything I wanted to do done yesterday.  But in a way, that was the plan.  Nails and toes done, things laid out to pack, got my cabin assignment and boarding time, packed up some clothes I don't need anymore to donate (was doing some wash so....), ride to the airport nailed down (a friend is going to take me), looked at how I am getting to MIA/FLL in Feb and reserved a car to drive to LAX for Feb (I have an appt 2 days before embarkation in CA so that is complicating things a tad), "talked" with a Aussie friend who lives in Shanghai with her husband (I am glad she is still there and doing well!!  I worked with her in Saudi), renewed my annual travel insurance and goofed off a tad.  LOL!!  Today is gym and try to finish the rest of my to do list.

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!

Penny, it sounds like you made quite a bit of progress yesterday.  It doesn't hurt to goof off once in a while.

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

We had quite the hail storm blow through here   DGD was not a fan. She had her first sleepover and made it all night without waking up. DGS is not sure he wants the interloper here or not. He is used to having gma  to himself. 

Not much on a way of good news for Murphy. My information from talking to one of my nieces (not the mom) is  the  repeat CT scan was not good. Lots of black space on the left side of the brain where brain tissue should be. This is where she had the stroke when the ECMO  machine malfunctioned. They said it could be anything from slight right side drooping to devastating physical and cognitive impairment. So sad for this baby and her parents. 

It looks like most of our posters are off cruising. Everyone have a great time. 

Prayers for all on our list and those in need around the world. 

Lorraine, I'm so sorry the CT scan was not good.  Murphy and her parents have been through so much already.  My heart goes out to the family and I hope they can find the strength to face whatever the future holds.

3 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn. Fall is here!

Sign language is important for many. No love note here. Ovarian cancer awareness is important; it is what took away my friend Ruth recently. Interesting quote - wishing alone won't make things happen. I like the meal, pass on the drink, and yes to the wine. I haven't been to St Anthony NL.

It's chilly and cloudy here today, with a high of only 67. Brrr. We'll get some rain, but most will be in eastern PA. I got to sleep until 4:45, when some movement initiated the terrible leg pain. I sat up and leaned forward, which after a while eased it enough that I could fall back asleep until almost 7. This has to go!! Now that I'm up and about I'm doing ok.

@kazu I'm so sorry to hear about your hydrangea. Is there no way to save it or root a piece of a cutting? It's good to hear that Ivan is improving.

@Crazy For Cats Happy Birthday to Jasper!

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad you feel better today. I'm glad Ren and Colton got some time to visit, even if short. Cool about them both being invited to visit Notre Dame. 

@ottahand7 Good news that you'll get to the game tomorrow.

@ocean sounds Good thing you checked on your flight! Safe travels tomorrow.

@Heartgrove Cool on the Captain signing ship models. Nice photos.

@RMLincoln Welcome back. I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise despite the delay in starting, missed ports and the weather. And wonderful that you stayed healthy. Wow and congrats on getting the retirement apartment so soon! You've got a lot to do!

@Cruzin Terri I'm glad you're feeling better. I always worry I'll forget my prednisone for my eyes. There is so much to see in Italy; don't wear yourselves out trying to see it all (you'll just have to go back!). 

@kplady Thanks for the St Anthony photos.

@dfish Such fun with all your social activities. Thanks for the recipes. I've made some low carb cheeseburger casseroles in the past.

@cruising sister So sad to hear of the CT scan results on Murphy. Prayers for the family.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry the leg pain woke you up last night, but glad you could go back to sleep.  I hope they find the cause of the pain soon and can help prevent it reoccurring.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

It feels good to be able to get onto CC easily again.  I don't know, but it almost seemed like Celebrity blocks CC when you're onboard -- 😉  I could get onto any other site but not this one.  Even the service in port wasn't great, and of course I didn't have much time anyway.  Will try to catch up in the next few days.

We got home last night and had a great cruise.  It actually exceeded our expectations, we weren't sure what to expect after not sailing Celebrity for 6 years.  One huge improvement, they now have all Indonesian, Filipino, and Kenyan crew instead of eastern European.    It almost felt like being on HAL!  The best of all was our dining stewards, they treated us like royalty and we loved them all -- especially our wine steward "Robert" from Kenya.  He was such a sweetheart.  So we will continue to use Celebrity as our "back-up" cruise line for shorter cruises like Alaska and Pacific Coastal.  Their horrible laundry package and lack of good longer cruises prohibit taking longer cruises (for us).  But for short cruises we have no complaints.  The food was very good and the entertainment was excellent. 

We had a bit of a wait getting across the border back to the US, then met my sister and her DH for a late lunch before continuing the drive home.  It was a long day, and the usual disembarkation problems in Vancouver.  I slept 11 hours last night!!  

We have a full day ahead, return the rental car in Everett, pick up DH's car from our daughter, and then this afternoon our son is coming over to help put up a new smoke alarm.  It started "chirping" the night before we left (of course!)  and is still chirping.  And of course it's the one up high on the cathedral ceiling and we need to get the extension ladder out.  We'll replace it with a new one with a 10-year battery like all the others in the house.  Sometime in the next couple days will be a Commissary run to get groceries.

Debbie @dfish the hamburger casserole looks perfect for dinner tonight, I'm pretty sure I have everything I need.  

I hope everyone has a good day!

Our fantastic dining crew with DH and me.

Solsticedining.thumb.jpg.7eaf36a42ea1d320207b14e9ac373331.jpg

Carolyn, welcome home and back to real life.  I'm glad you had a great cruise, and that Celebrity was better than you expected.  Great picture.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi!  I have a little time before we head out to lunch.  Have to refill the athlete!  It was quite sunny and warm at the fields so I stood nearby in a shady spot but my feet are tired from standing so long.  The end score was 3 to 2 FC Dallas.  Afterward I got a shot of Colton and Ren meeting up.  Colton had removed his jersey and you can see the new gear all the players are wearing.  It's what we call a vest but sure looks like a sports bra!  They have a place on their back where they put a little GPS thing.  It looks like a flat battery.  It's to record their stats. They can tell how much they run or how much time they're on the field, speed, etc.  Ren used to wear something like that on his shoe strings a few years ago.  That's when he registered a speed of 17 mph!

Colton, left and Ren

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

Well, we're going to eat soon, so I'll finish reading later.

Sandi, I'm glad Dallas won.  Thanks for the great picture of Ren and Colton.

Today has turned into a lazy day, and I guess I better get a couple of things done.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good Afternoon,  after a trip to Aldi we went to BJ's. With DH along a couple of Legos were put into the cart.  Since I had a coupon we went to Total Wine that recently opened.  The store is huge  very much like the one in Port Everglades.   We found a few items that our local store stopped keeping in stock.  I spied 3 L bottles of wine at a good price but i didn't adopt any of them today.   I also had a coupon for two free glasses. 

20230923_151011.thumb.jpg.bc0224f61afb8a772ff87b65b2c5eb2b.jpg

This afternoon I made plans to go visit DM on 10/7. I think I'm going solo and will drive down on the Friday and stay in New Holland.  

• Like 23

58 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

One thing that I enjoy about this thread on CC is that I learn something new every day, and not necessarily involved with cruising.  I had never heard the term "Teal Talk" until today.  And it motivated me to look up and learn about ASL.  I had assumed that ASL was a different way to express the English language for deaf people.  Not true.  ASL has little to due with the English language.  In fact, there are hundreds of sign languages.  Those who use British Sign Language cannot communicate with those who use American Sign Language as they are different languages.

I have also learned something about Cruise Critic.  Not sure, but it looks like a much higher percentage of those who cruise on the mainstream cruise lines like HAL and Princess use CC than those who cruise on the smaller luxury cruise lines like Seabourn.  We are booked on a 33 day portion of a Seabourn world cruise starting in January, 2024.  On it's roll call there are 25 entries as of yesterday.  On the Zuiderdam WC starting in January, 2024 there are 2293 entries.  I know there are more passengers on Zuiderdam than Sojourn, but 92 times as many.  Not sure of the reason.

Ray

Spot on about Seabourn’s Roll Call and main CC page. Obviously with so few passengers the boards are very quiet compared to Hal CC and Roll Calls. Seabourn doesn’t have onboard Meet & Greet’s. We are 30 days from our first Seabourne cruise and there is no Roll Call. As you stated very few post on posted cruise roll calls. 
That being said we are looking forward to our 14 day repositioning cruise from Montreal to Miami on Seabourn Quest. 

• Like 19

Hello from Dubrovnik.  Our port stop in Kotor got nixed today because of weather concerns so we’re overnighting here.  We have friends who live in Split who picked us up upon arrival today and we drove to Kotor.  We were very impressed with the beautiful old town where we had a delicious seafood dinner.  As we were getting ready to leave the restaurant the winds picked up, the skies darkened, a spectacular lightening show started as did a driving rain!  I guess the captain got an accurate weather report, but we made it to Kotor after all.  Each stop seems more beautiful than the next!

Due to less than desirable internet connectivity I haven’t been using the ship’s wifi nor would I pay for an upgrade.  I’ve been using my AT&T data and roaming when in port and I’m not sightseeing, that’s my excuse for being MIA lately. 

Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events!

• Like 26

Greetings from soggy Maryland! It sounds like we might be having a respite from the heavy rain right now, but I think there's more to come. A friend invited me to come to her house to play bridge later, but I just don't want to drive in all this!

@cruising sister I was sorry to see the result's of Baby Murphy's CT scan - such a tragedy for her family.

@kazu I, too, wonder if you can getting a cutting from the hydrangea and save the memory? Since I have the proverbial "black thumb", I have no idea if that's possible.

I spent the afternoon looking for a hotel in Ocean City, MD for the Columbus Day weekend. DS has been wanting to go and since he'll be my primary caregiver after my surgery, I figure a little advance reward wouldn't be unreasonable. Who knew that hotels would be sold out that weekend? DUH,I forgot that it's a 3-day weekend for many! I finally snagged one, actually on the boardwalk. Phew!

Also arranged for the cat sitter for that weekend and also for my hospital stay. I feel like I accomplished something on this rainy day!

• Like 22

8 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Hello from Dubrovnik.  Our port stop in Kotor got nixed today because of weather concerns so we’re overnighting here.  We have friends who live in Split who picked us up upon arrival today and we drove to Kotor.  We were very impressed with the beautiful old town where we had a delicious seafood dinner.  As we were getting ready to leave the restaurant the winds picked up, the skies darkened, a spectacular lightening show started as did a driving rain!  I guess the captain got an accurate weather report, but we made it to Kotor after all.  Each stop seems more beautiful than the next!

Due to less than desirable internet connectivity I haven’t been using the ship’s wifi nor would I pay for an upgrade.  I’ve been using my AT&T data and roaming when in port and I’m not sightseeing, that’s my excuse for being MIA lately. 

Prayers for everyone on our prayer list today.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events!

I'm glad you made it to Kotor.  It is a lovely town, and not as crowded as Dubrovnik.  The drive is also very scenic.

7 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Greetings from soggy Maryland! It sounds like we might be having a respite from the heavy rain right now, but I think there's more to come. A friend invited me to come to her house to play bridge later, but I just don't want to drive in all this!

@cruising sister I was sorry to see the result's of Baby Murphy's CT scan - such a tragedy for her family.

@kazu I, too, wonder if you can getting a cutting from the hydrangea and save the memory? Since I have the proverbial "black thumb", I have no idea if that's possible.

I spent the afternoon looking for a hotel in Ocean City, MD for the Columbus Day weekend. DS has been wanting to go and since he'll be my primary caregiver after my surgery, I figure a little advance reward wouldn't be unreasonable. Who knew that hotels would be sold out that weekend? DUH,I forgot that it's a 3-day weekend for many! I finally snagged one, actually on the boardwalk. Phew!

Also arranged for the cat sitter for that weekend and also for my hospital stay. I feel like I accomplished something on this rainy day!

Edi, I don't blame you for not wanting to drive during a storm.  I'm glad you snagged a hotel and are able to treat your DS.  Good news on the cat sitter too.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I only know one thing in sign language, that's the sign for I Love You.  Oh, and one other, but we won't get into that.  I haven't left DH a love note for a while; will have to stick something in his jacket pocket in the next day or two.  Teal Talk day is so important - I lost a favourite cousin to ovarian cancer, and one of my retired colleagues has just finished radiation for her diagnosis which came the week before Christmas last year, and 3 weeks before her husband died suddenly.  Arg!

Super late to the party today - our neighbours (3 houses away) look to have taken their trailer for an extended long weekend, leaving their 18 year old son at home.  It seems he figured last night was a good night to have the guys over for a party - cars all over the street, lots of noise, much laughter, and for us, no sleep.  The last vehicle left at 3:30 and was the quietest of all, but still noticeable on our rather sedate street.  When we did get up this morning, we realized we had to head over to a nearby grocery where they had lean ground beef on sale so we could stock up the freezer for the coming months when prices will go skyward.  

Friends that we will be cruising with in February called and asked if we could meet for coffee at 1, so off we went, and later this afternoon we're picking up a different couple (he's suffering from post polio syndrome), taking them out for dinner, then back to our place for dessert and so they can see our yard all lit up.  Now that it gets dark around 7, we don't have to worry about having company over till 10 or 11 just to see all the lighting that DH has so lovingly installed.

Yesterday I did my final measurement of the papyrus; #1 started at 28" and topped out at 68", #2 began at 31" and is now 85", while #2 started at 33" and is now 78".  It's funny how they all received the same amount of sunlight and water, yet their growth isn't the same.  I guess they're just like people.  Here's a shot DH took of me before I got the stepladder out to measure #2.

Papyrus.jpg.b9d298b158bfe70e48ff084eb331831b.jpg

I'd like to try the drink, am pretty sure I'd enjoy the wine, and today's menu suggestion is one that is a slight variation of something I throw together in the middle of winter - a real stick to your ribs kind of meal.  For us though, we're dining out, so I don't know what we'll be having, but someone else will prepare it, and I know I'll enjoy it.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 27

17 minutes ago, NextOne said:

I spent the afternoon looking for a hotel in Ocean City, MD for the Columbus Day weekend

This is “Endless Cruising Weekend” in OC,  there will be thousands of what I call old timey cars.  There will be a parade of cars down the boardwalk every  morning.  The cars will be on display in the inlet and at the convention center.  My DH can’t remember what he had for breakfast but can tell you the make, model and year of every car as it passes.  My family has a house in OC.  Just ask if you need any info.  

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon,  after a trip to Aldi we went to BJ's. With DH along a couple of Legos were put into the cart.  Since I had a coupon we went to Total Wine that recently opened.  The store is huge  very much like the one in Port Everglades.   We found a few items that our local store stopped keeping in stock.  I spied 3 L bottles of wine at a good price but i didn't adopt any of them today.   I also had a coupon for two free glasses. 

20230923_151011.thumb.jpg.bc0224f61afb8a772ff87b65b2c5eb2b.jpg

This afternoon I made plans to go visit DM on 10/7. I think I'm going solo and will drive down on the Friday and stay in New Holland.  

Jake, I just wanted to give you a heads up. New Holland fair is Oct 4-7th It takes up the main street of town.Not sure if this will affect your plans. 

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Jake, I just wanted to give you a heads up. New Holland fair is Oct 4-7th It takes up the main street of town.Not sure if this will affect your plans. 

Thanks for the heads up on the fair.  I’m staying at the Old Best Western, it’s now a Choice hotel.  I’ll look it up when I get the trip confirmed with work.

• Like 15

Good afternoon fellow Dailyites!  I know I have been MIA during the past week.  My DSis and Dniece were visiting from AZ over the weekend.  Then on Sunday a good friend here in GJ lost her SO in a tragic accidental gunshot incident.  Since my family left, I have been trying to support my friend.  Visit, meals, texts and calls.

My prayers have been for all on the Cares list and most especially @smitty34877 in the loss of her beloved.  I have felt your pain personally, but each person and their family has their own unique journey through the experience.  My only prayer now for you is peace.

Wow, @RMLincoln you certainly were fortunate in getting an apartmennt to your liking so soon!  I can relate to the "urgency" that such a move entails.  I am sure you will manage the whole thing most efficiently!  Soon you will be enjoying your new life close to family.

Today, I started to "try" to figure out what to take for my upcoming Zuiderdam cruise.  Two problems are facing me - 1 - I want to take only carry-on which will limit amount of clothing, and 2 - Since I am in a one-bedroom apartment, I no longer have a spare room to put clothing, etc. before packing!  Oh well, it will all work, but it will be a challenge before I leave on Thursday evening before the overnight flight to Quebec City.

Hope the rest of the day is good for everyone.  Time for dinner here in our building!!

Mary Kay

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ocean sounds said:

I just checked the App for my flight to Vancouver tomorrow.  I thought I’d booked a noon flight.  What a surprise (ugh) to discover it departs at 9:30 am.  I’ve about a 2 hour trip to Houston IAH, with parking and shuttle time included.   So I have to hit the road early tomorrow. 

Oh ugh.  Hope your alarm works and more importantly - wishing you a very smooth and safe flight.

10 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Now for our big news:  

We had an email on embarkation day that the retirement community in northern New Jersey that we were interested in had an apartment available that met our criteria. They held it for us to see after the cruise. We drove there on our way home Thursday morning along with granddaughter and her DH who took the day off work to participate and support us. Plus they had good insights!  We liked the unit so we agreed to accept it. A 60 day clock started Thursday to take possession Nov 21st! Yikes!  

It sounds like you had a good cruise 👍

And wow!  A new home to enjoy 🙂. congratulations and best wishes for the trials and tribulations of moving and saying good bye to your old one.

9 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

Wow, yesterday was a busy day!  The luncheon was great and all my classmates enjoyed themselves immensely!  They all want the recipe for the chicken spiedies.  So, I will oblige!   Farkle Friday was fun as always.  

Today is just as busy.   We are meeting friends from Ohio in Frankenmuth for lunch and then a trip to Bronner's.  They are following us home and will spend the weekend with us.  Tonight, other friends from Ohio are joining us for dinner - brats and corn on the grill.  I'm sure tonight will be a late one for us, meaning we'll stay up past 10:00 pm.  

Sounds like you have lots of fun planned and enjoyed Debbie.  Happy to hear it 🙂 

7 hours ago, durangoscots said:

I am putting together my "to do" list and it is getting pretty long. Today is tackling the spare bathroom and its associated cabinets which seem to have been accumulating odds and ends  (often outdated) over the past year. And I need to try to continue the clothes culling. The back of the walk-in closet seems to hold some real surprises. I hate trying on clothes to see if they still fit.

I feel your pain Susan.  Hang in there - you can do it.

7 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Not much on a way of good news for Murphy. My information from talking to one of my nieces (not the mom) is  the  repeat CT scan was not good. Lots of black space on the left side of the brain where brain tissue should be. This is where she had the stroke when the ECMO  machine malfunctioned. They said it could be anything from slight right side drooping to devastating physical and cognitive impairment. So sad for this baby and her parents. 

Oh my, that is such sad news.  I have no words.  I will keep praying in the hopes that there is some hope for the least damage possible 🙏 

6 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu I'm so sorry to hear about your hydrangea. Is there no way to save it or root a piece of a cutting? It's good to hear that Ivan is improving.

I don’t think so  but I have two other climbing hydrangeas (planted later though and not the same variety) which I am going to take cuttings of and see if I can successfully root them.  Ivan is definitely back to himself - very rambunctious today on the walk - much more than usual 😆 

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Our fantastic dining crew with DH and me.

Solsticedining.thumb.jpg.7eaf36a42ea1d320207b14e9ac373331.jpg

Great picture Carolyn 👍. Sounds like a good time was had by all 🙂 

6 hours ago, Tbay said:

Last night we greeted the Police Memorial Ride to Remember, to our city for their overnight stop.  They are riding (bicycles) from the Ontario Police College near London, to Ottawa, a distance of 400 miles.  This is to remember their fallen comrades. Tomorrow  they will attend the National Memorial Service on Parliament Hill, where 11 names will be added to the Memorial Wall.  Sadly, there is already a name for next year, as an RCMP member was killed yesterday in BC. I am proud my son is participating in this ride.  He is honouring a friend's wife, both RCMP officers. She did not die in the line of duty, but passed away from brain cancer, 37 years old, with 2 young boys.  We usually attend the Memorial, but DH is recovering from  pneumonia so we will watch the Live Stream.

What an honour for you son.  the Memorial Ride is truly one for us all to respect as they join to remember those they lost. 

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

It broke off right to the bottom Edi.  I don’t know if it will send a shooting up but I highly doubt it.  It has no leaves left to feed it 😔 

2 hours ago, NextOne said:

It sounds like you got the most important things accomplished today 👍 

32 minutes ago, cruzn single said:

Then on Sunday a good friend here in GJ lost her SO in a tragic accidental gunshot incident.  Since my family left, I have been trying to support my friend.  Visit, meals, texts and calls.

Bless you for supporting her ♥️. It’s a difficult time for her and you.  Supporting can take a lot of out of you.

I hope I can do as good a job as you.  My BFF’s husband who has been on the rotation Care list is now in palliative care.  I was in tears when I got the news.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

Great picture Carolyn 👍. Sounds like a good time was had by all 🙂 

Thank you Jacqui!  We really did have a good time!

Everything was done today that we needed to get done, rental car returned, DH's car picked up at DD's, and this afternoon our wonderful son came over and took down the chirping smoke alarm and put up the new one with a 10-year battery. Ahh, quiet again!!   We didn't even have to get out the extension ladder, he brought his ladder (not quite as tall, but he's 6'2" and could reach it without having to stretch too much.  So a good day!

• Like 16

A busy day on the daily.

Overnight our clocks moved forward an hour for daylight saving.

@kazu  sorry about your Hydrangea,  is there any healthy root left that you could try to resuscitate?  

@smitty34877  sending sincere sympathy to you and your family.

@cruising sister  sorry to read of Murphy's result.

@RMLincoln  Maureen , pleased that you enjoyed the cruise.  Congratulations on  news of your new home, good luck with your move.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

I had an interesting day today.  Saturdays for the CA campaign, is bonus day.  The top 5 sales get a 20 dollar bonus.  Today however I guess due to the lack of managers, and a very sick boss (covid) who ever got the largest sale, would get all 100 dollars.  There were only 3 sales today.  All the sales were the same, least expensive seats for 2 people for all 5 productions.  Except that when I was doing my sale I asked the woman if she wanted to round up the total with a 2.00 donation to make it 400 even.  She said that's not much, and I told her well, every penny counts and the theatre truly appreciates what they can get after the last 3 years.  My sale won the 100 dollar bonus, because of that 2.00.  😁

I even took a 10 minute break and hacked out a lot of the pine that's stuck against the windows in the back room.  I can see a bit of light when I look out the window.

Tomorrow is F1 racing and a lot of hacking.  The tree, not my cough.  The tree also got tangled in my 60 year old muscadine vine, and every time I cut,  grapes come raining down on me.

After we got off from work, we went up to Party City and I bought my ducks.  Yes the cruise is Carnival, and while ducks are not required I think they are fun to place, and to find other people's ducks.  We bought blue ducks- turns out the duck is inside a shark and the shark has taken the shape of the duck.  and  a bag  of vampire, skeleton and pumpkin ducks. The second part of the trip does take place over Halloween.

@RMLincoln You are moving to my old home state!  How I miss the food!  Deli's in the south leave a lot to be desired!

@durangoscotsYou keep inspiring me to get moving and start unloading all my STUFF!    However the inspiration has only been received by the brain, the arms and feet have not caught on yet.

@erewhonnice to see you posting again.

Hugs to all of you!

352480-I-Love-My-Friends-Sending-Squishy

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 20

5 hours ago, cruzn single said:

Good afternoon fellow Dailyites!  I know I have been MIA during the past week.  My DSis and Dniece were visiting from AZ over the weekend.  Then on Sunday a good friend here in GJ lost her SO in a tragic accidental gunshot incident.  Since my family left, I have been trying to support my friend.  Visit, meals, texts and calls.

My prayers have been for all on the Cares list and most especially @smitty34877 in the loss of her beloved.  I have felt your pain personally, but each person and their family has their own unique journey through the experience.  My only prayer now for you is peace.

Wow, @RMLincoln you certainly were fortunate in getting an apartmennt to your liking so soon!  I can relate to the "urgency" that such a move entails.  I am sure you will manage the whole thing most efficiently!  Soon you will be enjoying your new life close to family.

Today, I started to "try" to figure out what to take for my upcoming Zuiderdam cruise.  Two problems are facing me - 1 - I want to take only carry-on which will limit amount of clothing, and 2 - Since I am in a one-bedroom apartment, I no longer have a spare room to put clothing, etc. before packing!  Oh well, it will all work, but it will be a challenge before I leave on Thursday evening before the overnight flight to Quebec City.

Hope the rest of the day is good for everyone.  Time for dinner here in our building!!

Mary Kay

Mary Kay, our condolences to your friend on the tragic loss of her SO.  It is good that you are there to support her.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

I had an interesting day today.  Saturdays for the CA campaign, is bonus day.  The top 5 sales get a 20 dollar bonus.  Today however I guess due to the lack of managers, and a very sick boss (covid) who ever got the largest sale, would get all 100 dollars.  There were only 3 sales today.  All the sales were the same, least expensive seats for 2 people for all 5 productions.  Except that when I was doing my sale I asked the woman if she wanted to round up the total with a 2.00 donation to make it 400 even.  She said that's not much, and I told her well, every penny counts and the theatre truly appreciates what they can get after the last 3 years.  My sale won the 100 dollar bonus, because of that 2.00.  😁

I even took a 10 minute break and hacked out a lot of the pine that's stuck against the windows in the back room.  I can see a bit of light when I look out the window.

Tomorrow is F1 racing and a lot of hacking.  The tree, not my cough.  The tree also got tangled in my 60 year old muscadine vine, and every time I cut,  grapes come raining down on me.

After we got off from work, we went up to Party City and I bought my ducks.  Yes the cruise is Carnival, and while ducks are not required I think they are fun to place, and to find other people's ducks.  We bought blue ducks- turns out the duck is inside a shark and the shark has taken the shape of the duck.  and  a bag  of vampire, skeleton and pumpkin ducks. The second part of the trip does take place over Halloween.

@RMLincoln You are moving to my old home state!  How I miss the food!  Deli's in the south leave a lot to be desired!

@durangoscotsYou keep inspiring me to get moving and start unloading all my STUFF!    However the inspiration has only been received by the brain, the arms and feet have not caught on yet.

@erewhonnice to see you posting again.

Hugs to all of you!

352480-I-Love-My-Friends-Sending-Squishy

Annie, congratulations on having the largest sale today.

Tonight ended well with Texas winning over Baylor in Waco.  

Lenda

• Like 12