Zenith access to Retreat Lounge

TrueCruiseaholic

23 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Just had the official email and am delighted to see this Zenith perk back. The underhanded way the removal was done had me walking away from Celebrity, but am very happy that the new President of Celebrity has seen sense. Definitely now an option again. 

Phil 

Like you we will now look at returning 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hcat said:

We felt  like that with Royal C when Diamond level  guests (Elite on X) were no longer given access to the lovely well stocked lounge which became "suite guests only".

A key difference here needs to be mentioned.  A while back on RCCL, D+ members had access to both the Concierge (Suite) Lounge and to the Diamond Lounge.  Then D+ members were assigned to the Diamond Lounge only.  IMO, the Diamond Lounge was well stocked and pretty equivalent to the Suite Lounge, and it had hot and cold appetizers (self serve and plentiful).

These days both D+ and D members have access to the Diamond Lounge so at least they still have a Loyalty Lounge benefit separate from the Suite Lounge.  This is not the case for E+ and E members on Celebrity - no dedicated Loyalty Lounge.  No access to the Retreat Lounge.  Only the happy hour limited drinks at bars.  Still a good benefit for most though.

I have been stating here for years that I wish Celebrity ships would have a dedicated Loyalty Lounge for Z, E+ and E members.  Separate from the Retreat Lounge.  It seems like they could have designed that into E-Class ships before Edge launched.

I guess everyone is different. We usually avoid the private lounges on both RCI and X. The only time that we have used a lounge within the last ten years was on the Symphony last year. The suite lounge was part of the former Viking Crown and it was very nice and expansive. 

Since we always have the drink package we prefer one of the bars and avoid Michael’s or the Retreat lounge. Again, everyone is different but glad to see X reinstate this perk. 

On 9/23/2023 at 5:23 PM, phoenix_dream said:

Don't give them ideas! I think initially Michael's Club access was only upper level suites

Originally ( after the cigar days) Michal's club was for elites and above.  When MC became crowded breakfast moved to other locations such as Tuscan.  Suites were an afterthought and all h*** broke out when access was opened up to sky suites.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Damcruiser said:

Originally ( after the cigar days) Michal's club was for elites and above.  When MC became crowded breakfast moved to other locations such as Tuscan.  Suites were an afterthought and all h*** broke out when access was opened up to sky suites.

Pretty ridiculous that someone would pay for something called a suite, then expect to actually get the benefits that go with it.  😳

We talk about enticing new customers with short cruises.  Sky Suites are the same thing, unless those pax are treated as second class citizens.

34 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Pretty ridiculous that someone would pay for something called a suite, then expect to actually get the benefits that go with it.

It's actually been that way on RCI for years. Junior Suites come with almost none of the suite benefits.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RichYak said:

It's actually been that way on RCI for years. Junior Suites come with almost none of the suite benefits.

I have NO problem with a company selling me PRODUCT ABC while telling me it comes with XYZ included.

I DO have a problem with a company selling me ABC then later saying, just kidding, you really just get A.  Lolz.

Imagine buying an economy airplane “seat” then being told it’s actually standing room only.

If Celebrity wants to jerk my chain, I can go back to Aqua class or back to Viking.  I guess they really want new cruisers not new SUITE cruisers.

Edited by zitsky

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I have NO problem with a company selling me PRODUCT ABC while telling me it comes with XYZ included.

How about that same company telling you it comes with XYZ included, but in reality they're gaslighting you because Z has been neutered? Anyway, I digress since this isn't the Bye-Bye-Butler thread.

I'm going to go a little further and stay on topic.  I haven't seen mention of this so far, but may have missed it with all the off topic posts here. For me personally the one major benefit of its return which has me thinking again is that it will once again give me a quiet haven. The ships have become increasingly loud and the lounge was a great way of escaping that. Coupled with the true benefit of being looked after by the staff there, from concierge to bar staff. 

Phil 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Damcruiser said:

and the E's were deleted!

Nice of Celebrity to restore.

Smart move, now that were mostly passed the Covid problem. It really is a good feeling getting back the perk. Hey they could have just moved on at this point but chose to look and offer this give back that makes little difference with the effect it will have on Suite folks 

Great move Celebrity 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I'm going to go a little further and stay on topic.  I haven't seen mention of this so far, but may have missed it with all the off topic posts here. For me personally the one major benefit of its return which has me thinking again is that it will once again give me a quiet haven. The ships have become increasingly loud and the lounge was a great way of escaping that. Coupled with the true benefit of being looked after by the staff there, from concierge to bar staff. 

Phil 

That’s exactly why we will consider some cruises on Celebrity next year. We aren’t loud bar people and The Retreat ticks the box. We couldn’t find that peaceful drink when the lounge was removed from us 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

They were installed recently.  For exclusive use of pax in Sky Suites.  😂

Really?  Which ships where they installed on?  Do they require a special cup with an RFID tag like the ones on Royal Caribbean? 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Really?  Which ships where they installed on?  Do they require a special cup with an RFID tag like the ones on Royal Caribbean? 

I believe it was a joke, and that is the reason they posted the "laughing face". 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

They were installed on the three new Celebrity ships Pull, My and Leg.  I do like the vanilla cherry orange Diet Coke they make.  🥸

The point was there are some perks that Sky Suites get that they don’t share with the upper suites.  To make up for all the stuff that is taken away from the Sky Suites.

I’ve also got a bridge for sale, if you’re interested.

Edited by zitsky
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, nps001 said:

After reading the recent posts that are primarily very negative, I found the webinar to be refreshing and genuine.   I am looking forward to some of the vision/ideas come to life in the future.

You do know these things are rehearsed, right?

P.S.  My husband thinks you work for Celebrity.  If you don’t, you should.

Edited by zitsky
  • Haha 1

I feel that all of the cutbacks started with the elimination of Zeniths from MC/Retreat. It was the shift in emphasis from loyalty that was the problem. Perhaps the reevaluation of the core philosophy starts now. Some tried to warn of the changes in corporate philosophy, but were called "complainers" or "whiners" by other posters.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

A big "thank you" to those who posted their letter regarding the reinstatement of Zeniths.  This Zenith hasn't received a copy -- and no -- it didn't appear in the junk folder.  Are we the only pair of Zeniths on this thread who didn't receive a copy?  Given our time zone difference with the rest of the US I'll be on the phone tomorrow asking why.

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

A big "thank you" to those who posted their letter regarding the reinstatement of Zeniths.  This Zenith hasn't received a copy -- and no -- it didn't appear in the junk folder.  Are we the only pair of Zeniths on this thread who didn't receive a copy?  Given our time zone difference with the rest of the US I'll be on the phone tomorrow asking why.

I haven't and so long as we're included I really don't care if I'm on the list of recipients.

13 minutes ago, Orator said:

I feel that all of the cutbacks started with the elimination of Zeniths from MC/Retreat. It was the shift in emphasis from loyalty that was the problem. Perhaps the reevaluation of the core philosophy starts now. Some tried to warn of the changes in corporate philosophy, but were called "complainers" or "whiners" by other posters.

you are assuming that X is making money from that "loyal" group.  If Zs are staying in suites and buying add ons then the answer is yes.  If they're staying in veranda cabins and drinking free booze then no. 

The returns of Zs to a lounge isn't one of righting a wrong.  X knows all the data of Zs and the profitability of that group.  I would guess that there is a limited number of Zs on any cruise and wouldn't overwhelm the lounge even if they all showed up so X said let them back in