The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 26th, 2023

richwmn

Got my Covid booster and flu shot this morning.  Had the nurse write my booster on the back of my full vaccination card which I keep in my passport.  Have a picture on my phone and can access an official record through my insurance portal.  Things change frequently; I’ll be in the EU in October and South America in February.  Be prepared, my husband the Boy Scout says!

1 hour ago, kazu said:

We do visit Spain

I don’t think we visit Spain on our TA.  The Azores are the closest we will get and they are part of Portugal.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I don’t think we visit Spain on our TA.  The Azores are the closest we will get and they are part of Portugal.

Oops - you’re right. That’s next year.  Got my itineraries mixed up - I blame it on invite fatigue 😂 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

It does make you wonder!  Recently on a roll call someone asked me a direct question, I answered it, and....crickets. I wondered if she'd missed my answer even though I quoted her.   Weeks later she said she had seen my answer (I don't remember now what brought it up, I didn't ask).  I had to wonder why she hadn't responded at the time then (?)

Home again after a very nice lunch with BFF.  We always have a lot to talk about, and lots of laughs.  The drive wasn't as bad as I feared, just some wind but not much rain.  

Since the subject of vaccinations has come up, I'm wondering if we should get the RSV vaccine too?  Are many of you getting it?  That would be a flu shot, RSV, and the new Covid vaccine...

Agree with you Carolyn!  Or another issue, they only want so and sos opinion, lol! 

My understanding is that RSV is problematic for seniors so the vaccine will be a good idea.  Makes three for me too.  My preference is to spread them out, my poor arm!    Looks like Moderna in Canada, I’ve only had Pfizer.   Would have liked novavax.  I’ll do Covid mid October, high dose flu late October and RSV before or after as available. 

IMG_2968.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Since the subject of vaccinations has come up, I'm wondering if we should get the RSV vaccine too?  Are many of you getting it?  That would be a flu shot, RSV, and the new Covid vaccine...

Our doctor and our pharmacist said we could get all 3 at the same time. But the new covid vaccine was not available.  We ended up having the shots just a few days apart and both of us have had no symptoms. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Vanessa, @JazzyV please take me off the Care rotation list for the elbow issues -it isn’t better but it will take time and no need to have me repeated for what might  not be able to be fixed.

Ditto for my BFF whose husband was in palliative care. He passed away today 😢 Heartbroken for his wife and family 💔 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 14

20 minutes ago, kazu said:

Vanessa, @JazzyV please take me off the Care rotation list for the elbow issues -it isn’t better but it will take time and no need to have me repeated for what might  not be able to be fixed.

Ditto for my BFF whose husband was in palliative care. He passed away today 😢 Heartbroken for his wife and family 💔 

Jacqui, our sincere condolences to you, your friend and her family on her husband's passing.

I'm sorry your elbow is still not better.  I hope it improves with time.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Agree with you Carolyn!  Or another issue, they only want so and sos opinion, lol! 

My understanding is that RSV is problematic for seniors so the vaccine will be a good idea.  Makes three for me too.  My preference is to spread them out, my poor arm!    Looks like Moderna in Canada, I’ve only had Pfizer.   Would have liked novavax.  I’ll do Covid mid October, high dose flu late October and RSV before or after as available. 

IMG_2968.jpeg

Thanks, Brenda.  You're probably right about that!  I don't understand someone who asks a direct question to a person but doesn't respond to the answer she gets.  I don't think she liked the answer (?) 

I think I'll get the RSV first, then the flu shot, then the Covid shot.  When I get the flu shot too early in the fall I end up sick in early spring so I do better getting that one later in October.  I'd like to get the Covid vaccine closer to our January cruise (but not too close, probably a month before we leave).

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our doctor and our pharmacist said we could get all 3 at the same time. But the new covid vaccine was not available.  We ended up having the shots just a few days apart and both of us have had no symptoms. 

Thanks Joy. Since I always have a reaction even to one vaccine at a time, I don't think I'll do that but I know it would be safe, just not pleasant for me. 😉 

39 minutes ago, kazu said:

Jacqui I'm so sorry about the death of your BFF's husband.  My condolences.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Jacqui, I am sorry to hear of the passing of your BFF's husband.  I know palliative care works to keep a patient comfortable and peaceful.  I also know you will be a great source of comfort for  your friend.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kazu said:

It is always sad to hear of a loved ones passing and our condolences for your  BFF for the loss of her DH.

200w.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1