Afternoon Tea ?

monakayk

We have normally seen afternoon tea served in the buffet with scones, small sandwiches, etc. On our last cruise (last week), there was no tea. I wonder if it's either been lost with the cuts or has become a regional thing? Our last cruise was Vancouver to Hawaii.

If no tea is served, you can go to Cafe Al Baccia for free (or at least they were free a week ago) sweets then head up to the buffet for a free cuppa. 

hope folks write in  their reviews or detail cards  that they want the afternnoon tea in the buffet fully restored....esp now that they cut out  pm.  canapes in AQ Class and maybe elsewhere.

the pm tea was a nice pick me up..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hcat said:

hope folks write in  their reviews or detail cards  that they want the afternnoon tea in the buffet fully restored....esp now that they cut out  pm.  canapes in AQ Class and maybe elsewhere.

the pm tea was a nice pick me up..

I would like to see it in the Sky Lounge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

The Captains Club Afternoon Tea (Elite and higher) was nice even though it was done once per sailing.  I'd like to see them bring that back.

that's tea is/ was a Special Cap Club  event that is/was held towards the end of the cruise in one of the specialty rest...like Tuscan. Very nice trays  abd table service etc.

The daily afteroon tea in the buffet is/ was more simple  and casual but held at a perfect time.  Better than the delivered canapes!

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

The Captains Club Afternoon Tea (Elite and higher) was nice even though it was done once per sailing.  I'd like to see them bring that back.

OK.. back to nostalgia.   How many of you remember the Champagne Afternoon Tea in Olympic.   White Glove Service with Champagne, Sandwiches, Scones and Clotted Cream, and Sweets.    All accompanied by a live Harpist.   

Unfortunately those days are gone on Celebrity and we are looking forward to experience Tea on Cunard in about a year from now.   At an up charge they also have a Godiva High Tea with Godiva Chocolates and Godiva Cake.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The Buffet afternoon tea options are no more.

your best bet will be café al Bacio where you can get sweets, but not savories

When we were on Apex in April/May of this year they had afternoon tea daily in the OVC.   Small sandwiches with no crust, scones, clotted cream or whipped cream and small deserts.   They had it on all 3 segments -  Caribbean, TA and British Isle Cruise. 

I'm wondering if because of the British Isle Cruise they put it on.    They also had Kettles in all the rooms.

5 minutes ago, ATLgirl15 said:

That is disappointing - I always looked forward to afternoon scones. Does anyone know if they still do this in the suite lounge? 

Yes they do it daily in Retreat.   They have a couple butlers available.   On recent cruises on Revolutionized Ships  they have a hot and cold station setup.   The butlers serve your tea and you select from the hot and cold table and plate for you.   They no longer bring out the tower with everything on it.  

If you are on a ship that hasn't gone through The Revolution they give you a menu and deliver everything to to you.  Butlers are available for serving.

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

OK.. back to nostalgia.   How many of you remember the Champagne Afternoon Tea in Olympic.   White Glove Service with Champagne, Sandwiches, Scones and Clotted Cream, and Sweets.    All accompanied by a live Harpist.   

Unfortunately those days are gone on Celebrity and we are looking forward to experience Tea on Cunard in about a year from now.   At an up charge they also have a Godiva High Tea with Godiva Chocolates and Godiva Cake.

Ah yes..we remember! so elegant, refined...and delicious!

It was much like afternoon Tea at the Chateau in Quebec,  which we pre- booked with some from our cruise roll call.

The Cunard Tea.. for us was quite an  amazing event  all around.. music,  dancing ..great choices..everyone nicely dressed.

Did not have a Godiva choice..but sounds very sweet! Our dtr would dive right in!

We did a Behind the Scenes tour on the last day of a Silhouette cruise last year. In the "dairy" storeroom, one of the cruisers asked what were all the tins of clotted cream for? The storeroom person replied about afternoon tea in the OVC. The person responded saying something on the lines of "What! No one told me there was afternoon tea with scones and jam and clotted cream every day.".

On the Equinox last week I had too much other food to want afternoon tea as well. So I do not know whether it was being served.

On 10/10/2023 at 5:23 PM, gold1953 said:

not in the dining room like it was years ago ,, no.. The will be light food put out at the buffet possibly 4pm. It was scones and light sandwiches but not sure if this has changed

8 hours ago, ATLgirl15 said:

That is disappointing - I always looked forward to afternoon scones. Does anyone know if they still do this in the suite lounge? 

7 hours ago, barneyboy said:

We had afternoon tea available every day in the buffet on Reflection last month. 

All interesting variations of the answer!  On our last cruise it was no more in the OVC. We asked and had been told it was gone.  Hopefully that wasn’t the case as it seems some of you may still have experienced as of late! 

14 minutes ago, briguy1314 said:

All interesting variations of the answer!  On our last cruise it was no more in the OVC. We asked and had been told it was gone.  Hopefully that wasn’t the case as it seems some of you may still have experienced as of late! 

I know on Apex they really didn't advertise it but setup in the Bakery Area and we would occasionally stop in after a  tour when lunch was finished and wanted something faster than tea in Retreat.

We will be on Edge in about 5 weeks and will report back

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 10/14/2023 at 8:44 AM, cruisestitch said:

The Buffet afternoon tea options are no more.

your best bet will be café al Bacio where you can get sweets, but not savories

I must correct myself. I am currently on reflection and they do list afternoon tea in the Ocean view café every day.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

..... I am currently on reflection and they do list afternoon tea in the Ocean view café every day.

K:  When we were on the Eclipse last spring do you remember if there was an afternoon tea in the Ocean View?  I am thinking there may not have been but didn't check either.  But an afternoon tea certainly was available in Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge on the Eclipse.  Interesting that this varies from ship to ship.