🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

1 hour ago, Husky1987 said:

I honestly can’t say if I just missed it on the menu…I’m 100% on the “a good steak doesn’t need sauce” train ..just some salt.  So I did some scraping.  It was a good filet…maybe just a hair on the well side of medium (ordered medium), but not enough to worry about.  Wife’s was done even more…she sent it back and it was perfect for her the second time around.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was thinking it looked like a lot of sauce too.   I don't remember our Giovanni filets last month having any sauce on it but had a side cup with sauce/gravy that was really good.

Yes it sure looked like alot of sauce.

When I first saw it I said ,hey wait a minute they don't serve Salisbury  Steak there do they?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My view!

First  time in a proper Crown Lounge. So glad we didn’t get the dreaded Diamonds not allowed letter.

Great apps in a great space. 

I could really get used to this. Cheers.

I know what you mean. 🥃

• Like 1

Hopefully, your MDR dinner experience improves.  Our Adventure wait staff in February was hit or miss.  We would have tried to switch sections, but we thoroughly enjoyed our table mates.  We had a round 4-top against the rail, not on top of another table.  Nice comfy location.

When did you reserve MTD?   We reserved early seating for Bella 02 but want to enjoy the D lounge pre-dinner.  I'm thinking 6 would be a great dinner time.

• Like 2

Glad to be on board with all of you, even if it is only virtually. 

That naked body parts masquerading as artwork was kind of creepy weird! I know they were probably going with the Adventure theme, but let’s just say that it’s not my taste in art. 

Hope the MDR gets better.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do they usually put all that sauce over the filet? How can you taste the filet?

I did Giovanni I think was oasis Bella 1.0 and they put that same gravy all over my fillet and I am not a gravy person. Kinda ruined it for me. They didnt ask and it disnt occur to me to say no gravy, didnt know it came smothered in gravy. 

There was some italian day sale a few of us booked. I dont usually book italian.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesEM said:

Would someone fill me in about this Diamonds not allowed letter, I'm a Diamond with about 400 points.  Thanks, 

There's a thread about RC changing the name of the Diamond Lounge to Crown Lounge and barring Diamonds during HH on busy sailings 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Hopefully, your MDR dinner experience improves.  Our Adventure wait staff in February was hit or miss.  We would have tried to switch sections, but we thoroughly enjoyed our table mates.  We had a round 4-top against the rail, not on top of another table.  Nice comfy location.

When did you reserve MTD?   We reserved early seating for Bella 02 but want to enjoy the D lounge pre-dinner.  I'm thinking 6 would be a great dinner time.

Actually about 6:30pm would be ideal. Gives you an hour and a half for happy hour.

• Like 3

Sorry it took all night to upload. So I am up at 5am out in the library just off our cabin on deck 7 and it finished uploading and processing in about 5 minutes. Need to hang out here for my videos to upload. Here are the day one highlights.

Enjoy!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Here is the full embarkation and sail away video from day one.

Please like and subscribe to my channel so that I can continue to make great videos for everyone. Thank you so much. Your support means everything to me.

• Like 11

Typically, libraries on this class of ship have been known to have better wifi connections. Most had computer labs located in the area around the aft elevators and you could count on. 

The connection in our  room (6370) has been great and I have been watching youtube videos any time I want. That  has been rare.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Typically, libraries on this class of ship have been known to have better wifi connections. Most had computer labs located in the area around the aft elevators and you could count on. 

The connection in our  room (6370) has been great and I have been watching youtube videos any time I want. That  has been rare.

Yes I think I will be spending a lot of time in the library. Sorry we missed each other yesterday. We will be out and about around the ship then try to find the KC Chiefs game on at 3:30pm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Found the key to faster uploads. Upload from the library on deck 7.

IMG_2652.thumb.jpeg.b955276e58044b16d335de28a953f175.jpeg

Fast uploads at 5am in the morning. That last 8 minute video took less than 10 minutes. Here are the speeds.

IMG_2687.thumb.jpeg.2df1f2c9c9c9353f3e96129448d7a4b0.jpeg

For giggles you should do a speed test from the schooner bar.🤔

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Not a good experience tonight. I hope things improve.

MDR first night is always a mess.  You'd think by now that they'd know how to adjust.  In my experience, calling ahead with a request has less than a 50% chance of being met.  The dreaded "shore side didn't talk to the ship" excuse.  Things should get better now that they're past the first night confusion and know your needs!

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Would someone fill me in about this Diamonds not allowed letter, I'm a Diamond with about 400 points.  Thanks, 

With 400 points you would be Diamond Plus, so shouldn't be a problem getting into the Crown Lounge.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry it took all night to upload. So I am up at 5am out in the library just off our cabin on deck 7 and it finished uploading and processing in about 5 minutes. Need to hang out here for my videos to upload. Here are the day one highlights.

Enjoy!

No need to go to the library, try this. Use your trash can in your cabin and prop your cabin door open. You will be surprised how much better the internet speed is in your cabin when you do this.

Did it on Jewel last month and worked like a charm.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

MDR first night is always a mess.  You'd think by now that they'd know how to adjust.  In my experience, calling ahead with a request has less than a 50% chance of being met.  The dreaded "shore side didn't talk to the ship" excuse.  Things should get better now that they're past the first night confusion and know your needs!

Linda (my lawyer and attack dog) went and had a good conversation with the head of dining. She was promised that they will take care of us. I guess we will see tonight.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

No need to go to the library, try this. Use your trash can in your cabin and prop your cabin door open. You will be surprised how much better the internet speed is in your cabin when you do this.

Did it on Jewel last month and worked like a charm.

Good advice I’ll try that.

• Like 2