Are we back to three evening dress codes again?

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, villauk said:

…and there’s you coming from a university city which still has formals where gowns are worn 😁.

And both of my sons went there for 3 years each and one was actually in Castle college so lived in the castle and had formals in the grand dining room.

I still have no idea what one is.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Re vinyl, I still rue the day when back in the late 80's, I left behind a very large vinyl collection when moving...the new owners really didn't care...I'm still recovering from that...rebuilding slowly.  

Did much the same so rebuilding mine.

Combining collecting old vinyl with current bands.

4 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

And both of my sons went there for 3 years each and one was actually in Castle college so lived in the castle and had formals in the grand dining room.

I still have no idea what one is.

Great-Hall-at-meal-time.webp

1 minute ago, Oxo said:

Why do we all waste our time with this subject when we all know it is not enforced and people wear what they want? 

Well its creating a good chat so what's not to like?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why do we all waste our time with this subject when we all know it is not enforced and people wear what they want? 

We. 😂 Obviously you can't speak for others. 

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

You and I both voice our opinions! LOL

Absolutely. As long as you don't include "we'. 🤣 I find these threads entertaining, especially on a cold, windy and snowy late February day. 

Edited by doghog

31 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

Did much the same so rebuilding mine.

Combining collecting old vinyl with current bands.

I still have my 300 or so albums, we do 70’s music charters on celebrity and have gotten some of my albums and CDs signed by original artist next cruise is in two weeks

image.thumb.jpeg.b081838d26ab9a56a680267acd32437b.jpeg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What kills me is the group that calls out people that meet the current policy for not being dressy enough in their eyes. They should be complaining to Celebrity and not calling out people that are following the rules. Makes no sense to me lol

11 minutes ago, doghog said:

Absolutely. As long as you don't include "we'. 🤣 I find these threads entertaining, especially on a cold, windy and snowy late February day. 

Two questions on a subject that really doesn't matter as people unless totally disgusting wear whatever they want.

Snow - it that the white stuff I see on TV during winter storms?

Dresses - since everything is gender neutral today; can anyone person wear a dress?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Two questions on a subject that really doesn't matter as people unless totally disgusting wear whatever they want.

Dresses - since everything is gender neutral today; can anyone person wear a dress?

Wy not? It is done today in real life. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

No comment X 2. 🤣

6 hours ago, DarrenM said:

I do pay a lot for my running shoes. But not for just walking about shoes.

I currently have running shoes, a pair of skechers (cheap ones for walking about) and 1 pair of brown shoes. Thats my full shoe collection.

Would rather spend my money of my vinyl collection

Skechers are a poorly made shoes 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

What kills me is the group that calls out people that meet the current policy for not being dressy enough in their eyes. They should be complaining to Celebrity and not calling out people that are following the rules. Makes no sense to me lol

What about the people that are not following the rules?  What happened to no shirt no service?

These dress code threads are entertaining, is all. We all have war stories about our experiences, we defend our stances, and we learn some stuff from time to time. (Me: ooh, a 70s cruise??? Bring it on!! I'll know the lyrics to all the songs, lol.)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Exactly, now back to more serious topics like...Lobster!

Maine, yes. Spiny, no. Memba when they would bring you another tail if you asked? For FREE? On Formal night. When they also had REAL Baked Alaska...