Royal Caribbean's ropes course-style attraction on Icon of the Seas costs $89

NightOne

Remember right before Covid when everyone exclaimed that NCL nickel and dimed their passengers like crazy? They basically shook that reputation with all thier "free" at sea promos but here comes Royal Caribbean with

Hold my beer

Ropes course-style attraction on Icon of the Seas costs $89 - Included at no additional charge on NCL ships

Royal Caribbean: The new nickel and dime cruise line LOLOLOL

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

Remember right before Covid when everyone exclaimed that NCL nickel and dimed their passengers like crazy? They basically shook that reputation with all thier "free" at sea promos but here comes Royal Caribbean with

Hold my beer

Ropes course-style attraction on Icon of the Seas costs $89 - Included at no additional charge on NCL ships

I did this with my kids on Carnival Sunshine for free in 2015.  Every day for a week.  I can't even imagine them on the Icon.  Or our bank account.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Free on carnival as well as that bicycle type sky ride. They didnt start charging for this type of thing until the roller coaster. 

Even the Bolt roller coaster is only $15. $90 is just crazy. Wife and I love doing this type of activity but at $90 that is a no for us. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

Even the Bolt roller coaster is only $15. $90 is just crazy. Wife and I love doing this type of activity but at $90 that is a no for us. 

I agree. If they did 9.99 people wouldn't say much but this is too much for a ropes course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Free on carnival as well as that bicycle type sky ride. They didnt start charging for this type of thing until the roller coaster. 

Carnivals rope course is like a backyard jungle gym. The sky ride - that they could charge for (but is prob worthless once you do it). Norwegian ropes course is way more impressive. 

I would rather pay for things I want to do vs. just increasing the cruise fare to include everything for “free”.

Royal executives have recently states the plan is to continue closing the price gap between cruises and land resorts.

Cruise vacations are changing and it’s just going to get more expensive. 

7 hours ago, NightOne said:

Hold my beer

Somehow this doesn’t surprise me.  DH and I would enjoy the activity but at that price it’s a hard no for us.

I am not too surprised by this.

However, as with everything on board a ship, it will depend on what you want to do and what you have to spend.

I would imagine that RCI think that anyone going on one of their newest ships wants to do everything it has to offer, so will probably pay extra for some things.

Now, if the few who want to pay for those extra things keeps the cost down for those that don't, then that's fine.

As I have said a few times elsewhere, with the amount of upper tier C&A passengers now getting so many perks, the cruise line has got to claw back some money from somewhere - just look at CocoCay or Labadee, where people get off a ship that may have a zip line that is free to then go and pay $$$ to go on a bigger zip line, why, because its there! and must be done, right?

There are many reasons why I steer clear of the newer ships. Yes, money is a main factor, but so is being in crowded places with thousands of people all wanting to do the same thing at certain times, itinerary also comes into it, plus I prefer the smaller class ships such as Freedom or Voyager class. Maybe its because I am older now and can no longer manage to do things - even the rock climbing wall is too hard now - but I an happy for everyone else to go and enjoy these big newer ships first and I will probably get on one when they actually go to somewhere new that I can explore, which is my main reason for cruising - the new destinations, not necessarily the ship.

Mick.

• Like 2

Wow its free on MSC Virtuosa as many times as you want and good fun. 

On Arvia P&O it was £7 a time, again good fun, esp walking the plank.

Royal wow again, that must be a typo or for longer then one session. Or is it like MSC where you can buy a fun pass for £70 (£140 credit as they double it) and you use that to pay for bowling, arcades and other fun activities.

But qow again royal. Is there a graturity on top as well? 😂😂

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK
  • Haha 1