Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

8 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

You must not be talking about the wash and fold laundry?

Yes, though I call that cheaper choice..."boil and fry".   Nothing is pressed and folding is ..well...let's just say it's stuffed back in the bag.  😉 

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, though I call that cheaper choice..."boil and fry".   Nothing is pressed and folding is ..well...let's just say it's stuffed back in the bag.  😉 

Our shorts and t-shirts came back pressed and hung on hangers last month. Underwear was folded and in the same bag that we sent it out in.

The laundry ticket that was with the bag when we filled it said wash and press. Maybe they gave us the wrong ticket to fill out?

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

They are little strips of iron on adhesive hem tape that has the cabin number printed on them.

Have not had that on past cruises.  It's my understanding that wash/fold, mash/mangle, boil/fry is put in a mesh bag and laundered to segregate from other passenger's laundry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Have not had that on past cruises.  It's my understanding that wash/fold, mash/mangle, boil/fry is put in a mesh bag and laundered to segregate from other passenger's laundry.

That’s how ours have always been done.  No tags.  Folded fairly nicely in October.  I’m sure it totally depends on who is doing it.   

I also use a clothesline for some things but apologize to the steward because it’s looks so bad when it hangs across the room.  Since there’s no self laundry, it is what it is. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Next guess C- rations when the ship runs out of food?

I still have my old US ARMY Can Opener so I'm ready! ...In Sept there were replacing all the Emergency Rations on Serenade. Watched as they were cutting open all the old water bag rations from the Lifeboats and letting it run off the deck. 1000's of them. Maybe the old Food Rations did end up on the Menu.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Indeed, when I visited her on day 2, she told me she has just completed the move to that spot.  Was she by the pool tables?  I can't remember which of the Radiance ladies had the LA there on 6, or up at where the new library is.  I think Jewel had the LA on 12?  

Radiance was also on 12, got on Jewel also last yr. I'd never seen that space open on Brilliance or Serenade, was used for storage with Fire Walls shut...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I got confused , I think you are correct, I did not think I have seen those tags in a while. I sometimes I put on a shirt , and feel the tag scratching my neck and say wow, its been a while since I last wore this shirt.

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Our shorts and t-shirts came back pressed and hung on hangers last month. Underwear was folded and in the same bag that we sent it out in.

The laundry ticket that was with the bag when we filled it said wash and press. Maybe they gave us the wrong ticket to fill out?

Ahh...will be interesting to see how these come out.  Undies pressed and on hangers?  😄 

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

That’s how ours have always been done.  No tags.  Folded fairly nicely in October.  I’m sure it totally depends on who is doing it.   

I also use a clothesline for some things but apologize to the steward because it’s looks so bad when it hangs across the room.  Since there’s no self laundry, it is what it is. 

I am quite sure they are used to it.  What I can't figure is how they deal with the slobs (and you know who they are) that treat their cabin as a dump.  And most of us have seen those when the doors are open for cleaning.  I sometimes ask the attendants..."How do you clean around that?"...they just smile and say they deal with it. 

So....no worries about a nice line of clean laundry.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I filled mine "to the brim" last time ... 28 items.

One of the times we used the bag, we ended up short a sock. It was probably our miscount; we tend to fill it late at night. They must have called us 3 times to apologize about that darn sock. We kept assuring them, that it was no problem. ☺️

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

One of the times we used the bag, we ended up short a sock. It was probably our miscount; we tend to fill it late at night. They must have called us 3 times to apologize about that darn sock. We kept assuring them, that it was no problem. ☺️

My DH folds, rolls, whatever it takes to cram as much as possible into the bag.  So far, nothing missing on any cruise.  We only send socks, underwear, bras and tshirts.

11 hours ago, orville99 said:

Can't remember what the sheet said but ours was not on hangers but was all nicely folded and DH's T shirts were nice enough to wear without ironing. They did have the tag with the cabin number on.

• Like 1

Hello Aruba!  

Arrived 2 hours earlier than scheduled.  Of course the "Freewind" is still docked in it's usual position.  Have been here many times, and in fact 3 times this year alone.  Have never seen it leave, though supposedly it does for a short trip (maybe to get the engines some work?).   And have never seen Tom Cruise come and go from it either.  😉 

Will be walking down to West Deck for beers, wine, and lunch.  Love that place on the beach! 

Pictures to follow.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Two pages of laundry. Is this the only important topic happening on the World Cruise?

Probably going to be a lot of days like this, how many different things around the ship can you really do to keep you entertained?

• Haha 2