Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

Walking around the deck, waiting for cabin attendant to finish before we head ashore:

(Freewinds) Church of Scientology...Tom Cruise still not spotted. 😉 

Popular marina for tour origination, vendors, a few cafes, and fishing charters.

Being a "wanna be" Audubon society member...did some bird watching.  

And ran into this happy fellow, walking his dog.  Though he did not have much to say.  

20231216_080130.jpg

20231216_080433.jpg

20231216_081804.jpg

20231216_081948.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

18 hours ago, orville99 said:

It was the wash and fold laundry. Otherwise known as the mash and mangle, boil and fry, or rinse and wreck free bag we get as Pins

Do pinns get a different free laundry than the D+ free laundry dry? I saw John's all neatly folded laundry vs my friend sent out last week and got a mess of wrinkled clothes. 

Are there 2 different free services. .. something to look forward to. I thought john must have tipped well as his stuff came back nearly folded, wearable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Hello Aruba!  

Arrived 2 hours earlier than scheduled.  Of course the "Freewind" is still docked in it's usual position.  Have been here many times, and in fact 3 times this year alone.  Have never seen it leave, though supposedly it does for a short trip (maybe to get the engines some work?).   And have never seen Tom Cruise come and go from it either.  😉 

Will be walking down to West Deck for beers, wine, and lunch.  Love that place on the beach! 

Pictures to follow.  

I'd like to tour that ship but I'm afraid they would never let me leave.

• Haha 10

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Do pinns get a different free laundry than the D+ free laundry dry? I saw John's all neatly folded laundry vs my friend sent out last week and got a mess of wrinkled clothes. 

Are there 2 different free services. .. something to look forward to. I thought john must have tipped well as his stuff came back nearly folded, wearable. 

All FULL world cruisers get complimentary full laundry services as well as complimentary access to self use washers and  dryers. 
m

The "trick" (my trick, anyway) to really stuffing the W&F bag full is to be sure to GENTLY push the smaller items (socks, etc.) carefully into the corners at  the bottom.  That space is hard to fill unless you make a special effort.  28 items is impressive.  I think 20-22 something in that range is my personal record !  LOL

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

That’s the same sheet we use, and according to my DH, I’m real good at filling that bag.

The small plastic one would stretch. I would roll each item tight making it a competition get as much could in there. 12 T-shirts, 4 shorts, 12 pair underwear and 12 sox. They would then come back in 2 full paper laundry bags. As others said never do this with ice items, over yrs have had dozen's come back faded a shade lighter or with pin holes in them. More noticeable darker item was to begin with.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

We rarely use the service unless we are on a multiple B2B, so it has been awhile. On Serenade for our 28 night B2B, we used the service towards the end of the first leg, and the bag and inventory ticket in the cabin was "Wash and Press", with individual prices listed per piece (they even had a price listed to wash a cloth face mask) - which DW found a bit odd since the last time we used the service it was "Wash and Fold". Quite possibly the room steward forgot to put the traditional mash and mangle bag in the cabin. We were never charged anything, so maybe it is a "hidden" Pinn benefit.

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

The small plastic one would stretch. I would roll each item tight making it a competition get as much could in there. 12 T-shirts, 4 shorts, 12 pair underwear and 12 sox. They would then come back in 2 full paper laundry bags. As others said never do this with ice items, over yrs have had dozen's come back faded a shade lighter or with pin holes in them. More noticeable darker item was to begin with.

We don’t always get the plastic bag, but I fill the paper one to the top. MyDH can’t believe what I can fit in there.  I roll it all into a burrito 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We don’t always get the plastic bag, but I fill the paper one to the top. MyDH can’t believe what I can fit in there.  I roll it all into a burrito 

I haven't seen the plastic one in quite a while.  Lately all I have seen are the paper ones but they are actually quite resilient if you are gentle with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Our free bags have always come back looking as though everything has been neatly ironed, not just folded, even my husband’s boxers.  It’s always impressed my husband as I have not ironed anything for at least 30 years😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I haven't seen the plastic one in quite a while.  Lately all I have seen are the paper ones but they are actually quite resilient if you are gentle with them.

And a little duck tape if required. 😁

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

And your vaccination records…

We were stabbed ( by my sister the infectious disease doctor at her insistence), as vaccines for Yellow Fever and pills for Typhoid.  Already up to date on yet another Covid vax and flu.  

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Guess I wasn't detailed  enough. All FULL world cruisers get complimentary laundry service ( not just wash and fold) as well as dry cleaning.  John is a full world cruiser, therefore he has neatly folded laundry. 

M

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, island lady said:

We were stabbed ( by my sister the infectious disease doctor at her insistence), as vaccines for Yellow Fever and pills for Typhoid.  Already up to date on yet another Covid vax and flu.  

Good thing you didn't have to take malaria pills. Ask Bucky why. 😱

P.S. good job posting pictures. 🍷

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 3:35 PM, island lady said:

I peeked inside as soon as I saw those mysterious crates. 😉 

OK...I will stop killing you all now.  Not really sure what the Protective aid is though.  🤔

20231215_101112.jpg

I love Baklava

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Guess I wasn't detailed  enough. All FULL world cruisers get complimentary laundry service ( not just wash and fold) as well as dry cleaning.  John is a full world cruiser, therefore he has neatly folded laundry. 

M

Dry cleaning is still being debated. Several folks have reported being told it's not included. But there are several emails and an FAQ saying it is

• Like 2