Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Pat.

We took Pauline's mam on several cruises in her 80s and her last for her 90th birthday so hopefully you have many more cruises to look forward to. 

Indeed...do it while you can.  I remember the pictures you showed of your Mom.  She was always the perfect picture of a lady ....as is Pauline.  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, chefestelle said:

That is the kindest thing ever. Good for you. It really warmed my heart to read this. I hope she feels encouraged.

Ahh..thanks.  I just can't help to comfort someone when needed.  She thanked me again later on the next day when I saw her again.  That was sweet as well.  🙂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, orville99 said:

We always pack ear plugs ever since we first sailed on a Freedom class ship and couldn't hear ourselves think over the excessive band volume in the promenade while siting at the pub. We always pack extra pairs and give them to the waitstaff at the pub so they don't go deaf.😉

Now that is nice of you for sure!   🥰   

I did find my left over ear plugs (I usually wear on an overnight "red eye" flight) in the side pocket of my carry on bag.  Will take them to a music show next time.  

The hearing in my right ear is coming back.  Still a little muffled, and still a bit sore...but better.  🙂 

Tonight is a comic.  We always sit middle of the theater for that...harder to pick on us.  😄 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The nerve should recover fairly quickly if it was a short exposure to the sound. The next time you see her you should let her know what she did to you.😡

Oh I wish, but will leave it go.  She is not worth it.  They say you can't fix stupid...and IMHO...you can't fix rude and inconsiderate either.  😠

The hearing in my right ear is a bit better now, still sore, but getting better.  And I will have my ear plugs with me at the next concert we go to.  🙂  Thanks my friend!  

• Like 5

7 hours ago, doghog said:

If I told you, I would be banned from CC for life. Well given my age that may not be that long. 😉

Oh no you don't...you old dog you....   You get to live a long life, since you are too tough to go early.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Coming into Montevideo now...big seaside/port city.  Two rivers dump into this large harbor, so the water has turned very brown.  Geography:  Montevideo on the mouth of the harbor, Buenos Aires much further up into the harbor, of which we will be doing an overnight tomorrow, and TAD for most.  

Was told about 300 pax will be leaving the cruise tomorrow, and 466 are coming on board...thus net gain of approx. 166 pax.  We had around 60 children from Miami, will be 66 total after BA.  

Passed the MSC cruise ship going back out.  Hmmm...wonder where the cocktail lounges are located on that ship?  😉  😁

20240104_035453.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 17

Montevideo Uruguay.  Looks like some interesting buildings in the city. 

Tour today is a city tour with winery visit and winery lunch.  I think it's the type of mass tourism type wineries with bus loads of visitors, but should be fun.  

20240104_051039.jpg

20240104_051315.jpg

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

Oh I wish, but will leave it go.  She is not worth it.  They say you can't fix stupid...and IMHO...you can't fix rude and inconsiderate either.  😠

The hearing in my right ear is a bit better now, still sore, but getting better.  And I will have my ear plugs with me at the next concert we go to.  🙂  Thanks my friend!  

How is your hearing this morning?

Edit: read a subsequent post of yours. I'm glad you are improving.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

You said that about as well as it could be said. These customers have spent a lot of money. They deserve better.

Situation is way over blown. Don't worry about us, we're doing just fine

• Like 12

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Now that is nice of you for sure!   🥰   

I did find my left over ear plugs (I usually wear on an overnight "red eye" flight) in the side pocket of my carry on bag.  Will take them to a music show next time.  

The hearing in my right ear is coming back.  Still a little muffled, and still a bit sore...but better.  🙂 

Tonight is a comic.  We always sit middle of the theater for that...harder to pick on us.  😄 

We've claimed the starboard box just above the stage. 5 seats, an end table, dance floor and no one behind us. Site lines are decent, and bar service is good

• Like 5

Sad morning for us. Found out our long term PCP passed away Jan 1.😪 She was only 68. We kept seeing her even after leaving the beach. 

We'll miss you Dr Switzer

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

How is your hearing this morning?

Edit: read a subsequent post of yours. I'm glad you are improving.

Yes, thanks!  This old lady bod still heals herself.  😉 😄 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Sad morning for us. Found out our long term PCP passed away Jan 1.😪 She was only 68. We kept seeing her even after leaving the beach. 

Sorry for your loss.  Too young to pass indeed.  Very sad.  😞 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Waaaytooo young.  Sorry to hear this.

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Oh no you don't...you old dog you....   You get to live a long life, since you are too tough to go early.  😄 

My mother turned 98 in December. She lives by herself in her own home and still is sharp as a tack and very active. She keeps setting the bar higher for me each year. 

• Like 17

16 hours ago, orville99 said:

We always pack ear plugs ever since we first sailed on a Freedom class ship and couldn't hear ourselves think over the excessive band volume in the promenade while siting at the pub. 

Royal really needs to turn down the volume.  I have severe to profound deafness in both ears, and the music is often too loud with my hearing aids turned OFF.  😲

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, doghog said:

My mother turned 98 in December. She lives by herself in her own home and still is sharp as a tack and very active. She keeps setting the bar higher for me each year. 

My bar is resting on the floor - that's about how high as I can jump anymore👴

• Haha 8

It's so great to see such enthusiasm for Royal's World Cruise! I'm an editor with Cruise Critic and am currently working on an article that covers what it's really like onboard this world cruise. I'd love to interview anyone onboard (including you, @island lady)! Please reach out to me directly if you're on this sailing and are interested in sharing your experience with us. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you! 

Edited by LauraS
  • Like 15

• Administrators
1 minute ago, mborth said:

It's so great to see such enthusiasm for Royal's World Cruise! I'm an editor with Cruise Critic and am currently working on an article that covers what it's really like onboard this world cruise. I'd love to interview anyone onboard (including you, @island lady)! Please reach out to me directly if you're on this sailing and are interested in sharing your experience with us. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you! 

You can contact Marilyn at:  mborth@cruisecritic.com

• Like 1

Here's an interesting tidbit for anyone touring Montevideo, especially if you find yourself at Teatro El Tinglado.

The Latin trio currently on Liberty - previously on Enchantment - are from Montevideo. The keyboard player has performed in that theater, and it is a spectacular-looking place, like something out of an old movie. If you see a poster for "Maldito", he is on that poster.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Royal really needs to turn down the volume.  I have severe to profound deafness in both ears, and the music is often too loud with my hearing aids turned OFF.  😲

On Allure in the music hall one night we were listening to the high seas Orchestra.  It was wonderful but so loud.  I turned my decibel reader on in my phone and it was in the 80’s which is dangerous! We decided to leave.  I guess I need to get some of those loop ear plugs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mborth said:

Anyone?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2