Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

Seems to be calming down just a bit...as we are heading north away from it now.  Should be less bumpy night.  😉 

What is your next port of call?

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Cabo,San Lucas

If anyone needs a recommendation for a fun day in Cabo ....  Cactus Tours.

Super fun Can Am vehicles, ATVs, horseback and especially camel rides!

Best of all directly on the beach, 1/2 hour from the port transportation incl..

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You should have known to just ask Jimbo in the first place.😊

Or just look at the itinerary  for Serenade. It isn't rocket science. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

What is your next port of call?

Indeed Cabo.   So...when Bucky and I leave, along with many others...in LA.   Maybe Jimbo will take over the thread.  😄 

• Haha 11

@island lady, since you are online, I had posted a few general questions yesterday for people on the WC.  If you feel like it, would you care to answer any of them?  I think "the rest of us" would be interested.  I've repeated them below.  Either way, thanks, I've been enjoying following along!

What things about the cruise are you enjoying more than you thought you would?

What things are you enjoying less than you thought you would?

What are you enjoying the most because you are not at home?

What are you missing the most by not being at home?

Is there anything you wish you had brought that you didn't?

Is there anything you brought that you wish you hadn't?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

@island lady, since you are online, I had posted a few general questions yesterday for people on the WC.  If you feel like it, would you care to answer any of them?  I think "the rest of us" would be interested.  I've repeated them below.  Either way, thanks, I've been enjoying following along!

What things about the cruise are you enjoying more than you thought you would?

What things are you enjoying less than you thought you would?

What are you enjoying the most because you are not at home?

What are you missing the most by not being at home?

Is there anything you wish you had brought that you didn't?

Is there anything you brought that you wish you hadn't?

Ummm...Ok...yes, we are enjoying ourselves.  No, we don't expect things to be perfect...umm..what ever is? 

Yes, would have brought less dress shirts, more casual shirts.  Missing the most?...cooking.  I love cooking, which is superior to the "mass feeding" you get on any cruise ship. 

Also missing...watching the birds in my back yard bird feeder.  But another thing I really miss....quiet.. the peaceful silence we enjoy at home.  Too much constant canned music...and loud everything.    But in the mean time...easily solved when I retreat to my cabin to read, and to watch the scenery of Mother Nature's creation pass by our balcony.  😉 

Just spent some quality time a bit ago with a glass of wine in my hand watching the world go by, and the sunset letting me know I enjoyed another day on this planet.  🥰

Edited by island lady
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Ummm...Ok...yes, we are enjoying ourselves.  No, we don't expect things to be perfect...umm..what ever is? 

Yes, would have brought less dress shirts, more casual shirts.  Missing the most?...cooking.  I love cooking, which is superior to the "mass feeding" you get on any cruise ship. 

Also missing...watching the birds in my back yard bird feeder.  But another thing I really miss....quiet.. the peaceful silence we enjoy at home.  Too much constant canned music...and loud everything.    But in the mean time...easily solved when I retreat to my cabin to read, and to watch the scenery of Mother Nature's creation pass by our balcony.  😉 

Just spent some quality time a bit ago with a glass of wine in my hand watching the world go by, and the sunset letting me know I enjoyed another day on this planet.  🥰

Thank you!  It sounds like the good definitely outweighs the bad!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Indeed Cabo.   So...when Bucky and I leave, along with many others...in LA.   Maybe Jimbo will take over the thread.  😄 

He might reroute the ship!

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is pretty much always windy in Cabo. But usually warm! And they use large shore-based tenders. 

They might have a good chance,Winds tomorrow  only 5kts and Seas only 3ft. to 5ft.

If they don't make this port makes you really wonder if this Captain just doesnt want to bother his cruise with the extra work with tender ports.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2024 at 8:20 PM, island lady said:

Really enjoyed our visit here.  If there was one snag...it was the pick pocket that got me.  😮  First time for me. 

I have always had the habit of putting 10-15 dollars of small bills in my left back pocket as "decoy".  Figured if they find that, they will be happy and not look further for the CC, passport card, and large bill I have stuffed in my front pocket that is buttoned down.  Plus I carry my tiny "port purse" in front of me that has hand sanitizer, lip balm, reading glasses, more cash....and my phone.  

I never felt it...they were that good.  Oh well, I guess they were needing that 12 bucks more than I did.  😉 

First time we visited in Italy, I knew about pickpockets so had a small money pouch that was tucked in my waist, and apparently while we were walking into St Peters, my friend who was a few people behind me told me that someone tried to pickpocket me.  But nothing was in my back pocket. I never even felt it! 

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Patricia, I love your way of thinking. Apparently im just like you, because I would have answered the same way.  Enjoy your last days on this segment, we’ll sure miss your posts….until next time ☺️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dear Island lady,

I have been following along with you for the last two months. It has been a pleasure sharing in your travels and experiences. You are a beautiful person who faces life in a wonderful, positive way. Thank you for brightening my days with your stories and yes, your underlying uplifting philosophy. I wish you would have Bucky take a picture of you or have someone take a picture of you together. God bless you both and thank you. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

It is pretty much always windy in Cabo. But usually warm! And they use large shore-based tenders. 

20240206_113110.thumb.jpg.1b4688f161a9fa9c2fcb6c48bf0645df.jpg

Once again, John gets a special letter, but not me😮

• Like 2