Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

@Tatra603 This video from on onboard town hall meeting discussed Visas (5:27 to 7:29):

TL;DR: the ship will organise visas for Ghana, and for other countries it is case by case where guests should reach out to Royal Caribbean to discuss individually. 

• Like 2

Lady Z -  thank you so much for continuing to share your beautiful photos and Port commentary.  We appreciate you keeping the thread going and sharing your voyage with all of us!

• Like 10

We were in Shimizu, Japan, today and could see Mount Fuji from the ship. We took an excursion and saw Mt. Fuji from a lake area, and two waterfalls, and a Shinto shrine, and also the Mount Fuji World Heritage Center.  It was a beautiful day with Cherry Blossoms still in bloom! Here are some photos...

IMG_9031.jpeg

IMG_9077.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9121.JPG

IMG_9125.JPG

IMG_9132.JPG

IMG_9136.JPG

IMG_9176.JPG

• Like 57
  • Thanks 5

13 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

We were in Shimizu, Japan, today and could see Mount Fuji from the ship. We took an excursion and saw Mt. Fuji from a lake area, and two waterfalls, and a Shinto shrine, and also the Mount Fuji World Heritage Center.  It was a beautiful day with Cherry Blossoms still in bloom! Here are some photos...

IMG_9031.jpeg

IMG_9077.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9121.JPG

IMG_9125.JPG

IMG_9132.JPG

IMG_9136.JPG

IMG_9176.JPG

Your pictures are just amazing. I doubt I will ever get to that part of the world and you bring it to life with your pictures. Everything is so clean. What a trip you must be having. 

Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 10

We're in Osaka, Japan, today. The ship docked right beside the Tempozan Ferris wheel, which says it's the largest in Japan. We rode that and then also took the subway to the station where we could get on a bullet train and then took the bullet train to Kyoto. My husband had his phone out showing the speed in miles per hour and I got a photo when it was 175 mph. I think the top speed I noticed was 185 mph. It was fun! We'd never ridden the bullet train before, so we figured we'd do that while we were in Japan. This is the ship's last stop in Japan. Here are some photos I took today.....

IMG_9110.jpeg

IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_9228.JPG

IMG_9245.JPG

IMG_9256.JPG

IMG_9268.JPG

IMG_9270.JPG

IMG_9273.JPG

IMG_9281.JPG

IMG_9346.JPG

IMG_9367.JPG

IMG_9385.JPG

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9410.JPG

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9418.JPG

IMG_9424.JPG

• Like 45
  • Thanks 1

Wow great photos. Have loved following this thread from the start. Shame it got derailed for a bit, but fully back on track with fantastic photos to boot.
Im so intrigued by this experience for those on board and can only imagine being able to take enough time out for this trip.

Safe travels to you all and looking forward to whoever shares more of the rest 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2024 at 5:58 AM, LadyZolt said:

IMG_9031.jpeg

IMG_9077.JPG

IMG_9105.JPG

IMG_9121.JPG

IMG_9125.JPG

IMG_9132.JPG

IMG_9136.JPG

IMG_9176.JPG

We are booked for 2026.  Beautiful pictures.  Our trip is in March but I’m hoping we see a few flowers out.  I expect it to still be cold. The world cruise received a warm welcome from Japan in some of the videos I’ve seen.  

• Like 2

We're in Nha Trang, Vietnam, today after four sea days. My husband and I took the Vinpearl cable cars over to the amusement park and rode the Ferris wheel and enjoyed the park. It was hot out -- in the 90's -- and there were hardly any other people around even though all the stores and things were open. We had a nice afternoon!  

IMG_9500.JPG

IMG_9515.JPG

IMG_9516.JPG

IMG_9535.JPG

IMG_9551.JPG

IMG_9574.JPG

IMG_9590.JPG

IMG_9623.JPG

IMG_9626.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5

m one of many who are "sailing virtually" with you. I do not remember the date or page number there the revised itinerary was posted.  Can you of you wonderful cruisers please either repost it for me or guide me to what page of this thread it is on?

Thanks and also a hug thank you to all who are taking precious time out of your amazing adventure to document it for us back at home. Continued prayers for safety as you continue on your journey.

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

m one of many who are "sailing virtually" with you. I do not remember the date or page number there the revised itinerary was posted.  Can you of you wonderful cruisers please either repost it for me or guide me to what page of this thread it is on?

Thanks and also a hug thank you to all who are taking precious time out of your amazing adventure to document it for us back at home. Continued prayers for safety as you continue on your journey.

Wow, sorry about all the typos and "auto-corrects. Technology IS NOT my friend.

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

The new 42-day route will visit the following ports of call: 

• May 9: Dubai, United Arab Emirates 
  • May 10-13: Cruising 
  • May 14: Mahé (Victoria), Seychelles 
  • May 15: La Digue Island, Seychelles 
  • May 16: Cruising 
  • May 17: Antsiranana (Diego Suarez), Madagascar 
  • May 18: Cruising 
  • May 19: Port Louis, Mauritius 
  • May 20: Pointe Des Galets, Reunion Island 
  • May 21-23: Cruising 
  • May 24: Port Elizabeth, South Africa 
  • May 25: Mossel Bay, South Africa 
  • May 26-27: Cape Town, South Africa
  • May 28: Cruising 
  • May 29: Luderitz, Namibia 
  • May 30: Walvis Bay, Namibia 
  • May 31-June 1: Cruising 
  • June 2: Luanda, Angola 
  • June 3-4: Cruising 
  • June 5: Takoradi, Ghana 
  • June 6: Abidjan, Ivory Coast 
  • June 7-8: Cruising 
  • June 9: Dakar, Senegal 
  • June 10-11: Cruising 
  • June 12: Tenerife, Canary Islands 
  • June 13: Cruising 
  • June 14: Gibraltar, United Kingdom 
  • June 14-16: Cruising 
  • June 17: Corfu, Greece 
  • June 18: Bari, Italy 
  • June 19-20: Ravenna, Italy
Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Today we took an excursion into Saigon / Ho Chi Minh City. We saw the post office; the Notre Dame cathedral that is not open and still under construction (our guide said that they're actually using building supplies from France, so that's why it's been 7 years and still not done); walked by the war museum and saw an H1 "Huey" helicopter; and we went up to the Skydeck in the Bitexco Financial Tower and saw some great views from there. It was another very hot day, though! We definitely appreciated the air conditioning today! 

IMG_9764.JPG

IMG_9774.JPG

IMG_9778.JPG

IMG_9787.JPG

IMG_9794.JPG

IMG_9803.JPG

IMG_9816.JPG

IMG_9841.JPG

IMG_9857.JPG

IMG_9865.JPG

IMG_9866.JPG

IMG_9874.JPG

IMG_9877.JPG

• Like 28

@LadyZolt thanks for taking us along on your adventure. I've enjoyed all your pictures. We did Ovation in April 2018 and were to have had a stop at Phu My for Saigon. Much to our disappointment....and everyone else on the ship....the Captain told us we could stop due to "port congestion". That was a 1st for us and we've been cruising since 1987. Happy that didn't happen with Serenade. 

• Like 2

John is on his way back to the ship. Getting back on in Singapore. I believe he's now in Qatar with a 6 hour layover.

He got to fly in or out of the top 3 airports in the world. Hard to believe not one US airport made this list

Screenshot_20240422_221629_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a0adad6712b5b458bc9297d340bc9183.jpg

It was nice he could come home for a couple weeks. 

• Like 19

10 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

John is on his way back to the ship. Getting back on in Singapore. I believe he's now in Qatar with a 6 hour layover.

He got to fly in or out of the top 3 airports in the world. Hard to believe not one US airport made this list

Screenshot_20240422_221629_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a0adad6712b5b458bc9297d340bc9183.jpg

So have you all figured out the Visa Issue? Will he be allowed to board the ship?

Are you boarding in Singapore with him?

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

So have you all figured out the Visa Issue? Will he be allowed to board the ship?

He had Sri Lanka worked out before he left. Latest hurdle was a Singapore arrival card. Filled it out before he boarded his flight from JFK

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Does he have the Sri Lanka transit visa that was talked about earlier? Did RCI take care of that for all of the full word cruisers?

• Like 1