CCL very small thing that hits big, for me

havanadaydreaming

This may be evident but im a pretty big Parrothead. Probably world class. Not bragging just is what it proverbially is. 

Big thumbs up to CCL for including some Jimmy Buffett songs on the buffet background music. 

Anyone have a teeny tiny thing that is big to you? 

On recent long cruise i heard his songs most every day. Some were pretty deep album cuts, not hit songs.  Brought a smile to my face every time.  

For years i failed to hear a single recorded or live Jimmy song.  No biggie...like i said this is a very small thing in the big picture. 

But i am thankful.  Fins up!

• Like 15

Mine is a stupid one but huge to me and puts a big smile on my face.
Once rooms are ready on embarkation day, there is just something about the ship smell while walking down the hall to my cabin. It’s the same every time and I love it. 😁

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The Fantasy class atriums still are jaw droppers for me.

I am a huge Fantasy class fan. I will miss them when they are all gone. The only one we have yet to sail on is Paradise. Imagination was my favorite of all of them. 

For the purposes of this thread, the "I have arrived" moment for me on every cruise is sipping my first cocktail at Alchemy or my first beer at the aft pool bar.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, havanadaydreaming said:

This may be evident but im a pretty big Parrothead. Probably world class. Not bragging just is what it proverbially is. 

Big thumbs up to CCL for including some Jimmy Buffett songs on the buffet background music. 

Anyone have a teeny tiny thing that is big to you? 

On recent long cruise i heard his songs most every day. Some were pretty deep album cuts, not hit songs.  Brought a smile to my face every time.  

For years i failed to hear a single recorded or live Jimmy song.  No biggie...like i said this is a very small thing in the big picture. 

But i am thankful.  Fins up!

Have you heard about Margaritaville at Sea? 😁

• Haha 4

You betcha Stacey. 

Glad to see a few positive reviews recently.  I must admit i vowed to never sail Bahamas Paradise and it was sold to Margaritaville.  And Freeport is my least fave port. 

(We booked ncl escape once upon a time solely because the had a Margaritaville at Sea onboard.  We got our son, and future wife, a college gradution cruise.  They tore out the Margaritaville day they embarked.  Was closed all week. Ha!) 

• Like 2

Great shows with a real band that came out of the band pit on the front of the stage. A disco that actually played great 70s and 80s music and rocked out till the early morning hours. The ice sculpture on deck, the hairy chest contest, the cardboard horse races, all great memories. Sorry I'm just venting                                                           

Edited by glrounds
  • Like 5

When the ships were not so BIG that only 3 dining rooms where enough for people. Going on Mardi Gras in Feb and the "choices" of food options is over whelming. I love it when you don't have to think on vacation. Now I take other trips that I don't mind doing a bit on thinking. But cruises you don't want to think beyond what you are going to do in port. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, pc_load_letter said:

I generally appreciate it when stewards, waiters and bartenders remember my name.

It amazes me that after a year of sailing only ships from the West Coast, I can be sailing out of Port Canaveral a year later and as I step over the gangway somewhere ahead of me, I hear a crew member call out my name in greeting before I have even laid eyes on them. 

• Like 12

For me, it's about waking up early and making my way to one of the secret forward observation decks. Watching the island slowly get bigger and the ship coming into the port and docking. Seeing the locals getting ready for the on slot of passengers is an amazing feeling. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, tonit964 said:

Mine is a stupid one but huge to me and puts a big smile on my face.
Once rooms are ready on embarkation day, there is just something about the ship smell while walking down the hall to my cabin. It’s the same every time and I love it. 😁

Same for me.  We're big Cloud 9 spa people and my first "whiff" if the spa makes me happy.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stobe1 said:

I am a huge Fantasy class fan. I will miss them when they are all gone. The only one we have yet to sail on is Paradise. Imagination was my favorite of all of them. 

For the purposes of this thread, the "I have arrived" moment for me on every cruise is sipping my first cocktail at Alchemy or my first beer at the aft pool bar.

We always get a Funship Special as soon as we board.  That's our we have arrived moment.

• Like 6

Many of the ones listed are not really specific to Carnival, I guess the funship drink is. I had been trying to think of something specific to Carnival from my cruise last week. It was the first time back on Carnival in awhile after 3 cruises and 4 years away. The thing that struck me the most during the week that made me think to myself, "I am back on Carnival..." it was the "showtime" during dinner. I am not always the biggest fan of it, but it's uniquely Carnival and definitely had the fun ship vibe and I enjoyed it a lot this time.

• Like 7

On 12/6/2023 at 11:42 AM, pc_load_letter said:

I generally appreciate it when stewards, waiters and bartenders remember my name.

Customer service on land is so horrid nowadays, it's nice to have an elevated experience when I travel.

I am so amazed that they know my name. I have to admit that I am so bad at names. Infact I drive 25 miles out of my way to a pharmacy were they call me by my name and remember my birthday.

• Like 3