LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Nieuw Statendam December 10, 2023

LAFFNVEGAS

That menu seems a little different when we had it on recently on the Koningsdam.  I recognize the rack of lamb as that was the dish that was served cold to me twice, but I have shown my DW and neither of us can remember what she ordered but it isn't on the menu right now.  Must have been the CO Special.  BTW - the beef short ribs we had later in the cruise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

May I ask how you pre-ordered the topper?  Did you contact Ship Services?  I always hate asking the stewards for one as they’re so busy already.

Yes but any agent not guest services can go in and add it to a reservation.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Dinner was delicious tonight, we all cleaned our plates 😋

We are now in the World Stage waiting for the Captain’s Toast and One Step Dance Company show is Move.

tonight Tom and I both ordered the Filet and Shrimp Newburg, I had the Shrimp Cocktail, Tom had a Caesar Salad.

we each had the Flourless Chocolate Cake.

Dobie aka Marcia had the Lamb.

Also the new Library opened today.

IMG_5146.jpeg

IMG_5147.jpeg

IMG_5153.jpeg

IMG_5154.jpeg

IMG_5155.jpeg

IMG_5156.jpeg

IMG_5157.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, waiting2retire said:

Crab & artichoke dip to start, followed by Glazed filet with shrimp Newberg, finishing up with the Dutch apple pie and a cappuccino.  Please tell me the banana is not in the flourless chocolate cake so I can request it without the banana in the future. 

Good news - the picture @LAFFNVEGASposted shows the banana on the plate, so they must have simply left it off when I ordered it. You should be good...🤞

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We are back in our cabin. Dinner was excellent tonight. Definitely better than a Koningsdam. Service was slightly better tonight but there seems to either be not enough crew working in Club, Poorly trained crew, a disconnect or totally disorganized or All of the above. 
I know I sound a bit harsh but this is a restaurant for people who paid extra yet they are not getting anything extra. It should be something a bit special. I do get better service from my local Dennys. We also cruise NCL Haven and the Haven Restaurant Service is beyond amazing. Everyone’s entrees come out at the same time and the organization of how it is done is amazing. 
But like I said the food was actually good this evening.

Tonight we went to the NEW Step One Dance production called Move. Marcia and her sister seemed to enjoy it. Sadly Tom and I were not impressed. I will not say any more.

Marcia and her family have an early morning tour and I have an early morning massage so we did not stay out but most likely will tomorrow.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

@cccole I have seen the same 150 anniversary (silver) menu on the 2 cruises I took this year on 2 different ships in 2 different regions.  I am also on a 22 day SA cruise.  Have you how loaded the Navigator App and looked at the menus?  I do every morning.  Menus are very similar with some excellent regional “port to table” additions.@LAFFNVEGAS Sorry for the hijack🏴‍☠️

• Like 3

0106 - Congratulations on the Ravens win! 🥂😊 I told Roy that I would like to make a prediction about 2/11/24 , but I won't do it because I don't want to jinx my favorite team.

LAFFNVEGAS- I'm sorry for the hijack.

• Thanks 1

Good Morning from Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos.

we are just now docking. It’s a beautiful morning and very low humidity, it feels great outside.

oddly I just realized we were not given last night with out the Daily the paper about the port.

Hopefully we were not to move our clocks a head an hour yet.

I have an 8 am massage, then we will get off the ship to do a bit of shopping 😃

IMG_5160.jpeg

IMG_5161.jpeg

IMG_5162.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

We are back in our cabin. Dinner was excellent tonight. Definitely better than a Koningsdam. Service was slightly better tonight but there seems to either be not enough crew working in Club, Poorly trained crew, a disconnect or totally disorganized or All of the above. 
I know I sound a bit harsh but this is a restaurant for people who paid extra yet they are not getting anything extra. It should be something a bit special. I do get better service from my local Dennys. We also cruise NCL Haven and the Haven Restaurant Service is beyond amazing. Everyone’s entrees come out at the same time and the organization of how it is done is amazing. 
But like I said the food was actually good this evening.

Tonight we went to the NEW Step One Dance production called Move. Marcia and her sister seemed to enjoy it. Sadly Tom and I were not impressed. I will not say any more.

Marcia and her family have an early morning tour and I have an early morning massage so we did not stay out but most likely will tomorrow.

I so agree with your comments regarding the service.  I don't think that you are harsh at all Lisa.  A few days after returning from our cruise on the Koningsdam we were discussing the service we received in CO and we both agreed that we would expect better service from a large land based restaurant chain than we received on the ship.  Let alone a fine dining restaurant It has me wondering are cruisers generally more for forgiving or simply blindly loyal?

There is no doubt that the crew are working hard.  Lots of activity and they are friendly.  But this doesn't always result in great service.  You expect when a waiter places a plate in front of you that they will be back quickly to ensure that everything is okay.  It rarely happens.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good Morning from Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos.

we are just now docking. It’s a beautiful morning and very low humidity, it feels great outside.

oddly I just realized we were not given last night with out the Daily the paper about the port.

Hopefully we were not to move our clocks a head an hour yet.

I have an 8 am massage, then we will get off the ship to do a bit of shopping 😃

We didn't receive any port information during our cruise last month.  I think that's been axed to reduce paper consumption.

• Like 2