LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Nieuw Statendam December 10, 2023

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning from the Renaissance Hotel in Plantation/ Ft Lauderdale Florida.

we are having breakfast at the hotel. It is a small breakfast buffet that oddly is not busy but the food is actually pretty good but not abundant. But basics are tasty. Cost is $22.50 but includes coffee and orange juice. 

For those interested in Sail Away right now the plan is to do it from our aft suite 5223 aft starboard deck 5. I think the webcam should catch us toward the end. Dobiemom and her family will be there as well. So will be 6 of us. 

what is nice with doing hotel with HAL besides them picking us up at the airport, they also take our luggage from our hotel room and will take it to the ship for us. They did ask they we check in the lobby before we get on the bus to make sure all pieces are there. 
It looks to be a beautiful day for Sail Away 😃

• Like 17

23 hours ago, Hooked! said:

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I board on the 27th and am also looking forward to the new menu items. It looks like a few different bread puddings have been added to the MDR dessert menus…yum!

There is a bread pudding on the CO breakfast menu - yummy!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Bon voyage, @LAFFNVEGAS!  Nieuw Statendam is my favourite of the Pinnacle ships, I can't really say why;  there was something about the air on the ship which made me happy! The only thing I was not so happy about was the shape of the chairs in the Club Orange.  I found it uncomfortable to lean back against the "bamboo".  I'd love to know if they have added new chairs.  I'll add a picture from one of the wine tastings.  You can kind of see how the chairs are.

IMG_1420.thumb.jpeg.3cdb4dea5dfba2218b738f403ac9164a.jpeg

Sadly, no, not replaced the chairs in CO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I am not sure I did not think of this earlier but @POA1 @Huskerchick and @lindaler you are more than Welcome to come to 5223 for Sail Away if you do not already have plans.

Thank you for the invitation.  We are going to be up in the cabana area, because for reasons I cannot explain, we keep booking rooms on the starboard side, which faces away from both the webcam and our condo. I think I finally rectified that for our spring 2024 Rotterdam sailing.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Thank you for the invitation.  We are going to be up in the cabana area, because for reasons I cannot explain, we keep booking rooms on the starboard side, which faces away from both the webcam and our condo. I think I finally rectified that for our spring 2024 Rotterdam sailing.

If you change your mind just pop over. 
I know about unknown reason for picking starboard. We do not sail out of Port Everglades or Florida that often, it mostly West Coast sailing for us so when choosing I did not even think which side both corner afts were available on several floors when I booked this many months ago.

Dobiemom and family are also Starboard.

• Like 5

We are totally unpacked and Sail away should be in about 10 minutes.

Did have my Peanut Butter Silk pie but it was very different from all other ships, this was made with chunky Peanut Butter definitely not the Silky PB but I will also say it had far more flavor than the Koningsdam did.

Have to say this is the smallest corner after suite but had to try it once. Very different with the window over the bed.

Sorry been MISSIN IN ACTION, internet not working at all. Will attempt pictures later.

We are the only two remaining on our balcony .

The lin s just got dropped so may see a few minutes of Sail Away before dinner.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Navybikermom said:

curried vegetable cutlet

I’m a pescatarian and often order the vegetarian dish.  I also like curry, however I took one bite of this in February and pushed my plate away. Of course my wonderful waiter noticed and offered me a different entree.  Has anyone else tried it?   (My DHs favorite dish is the Peruvian chicken)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 0106 said:

I’m a pescatarian and often order the vegetarian dish.  I also like curry, however I took one bite of this in February and pushed my plate away. Of course my wonderful waiter noticed and offered me a different entree.  Has anyone else tried it?   (My DHs favorite dish is the Peruvian chicken)

I thought I had it before and liked it. It’s not like their menu has changed much in the past few years… I will try it again in May and see what I think. Usually I eat the meat option, but this sounded good. 

• Like 2

No question about it - Peruvian Chicken.  It was a wonderful surprise on the Koningsdam and even better on the Rotterdam.  the joys of Club Orange 😊

I discovered a lot of the Club Orange specials are very good.  Have no idea what they would be like on non Pinnacle Class ship - but prepared in CO, there were some nice surprises in taste and texture.  Enjoy 🙂 

• Like 5