Ultimate World Cruise stats

14 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

It's so interesting that there are only 41 pinns. I would think they would be all over this. I know there are some pinnacles who book inside cabins on cheaper itineraries and just cruise a lot of the year. Maybe just a lot of people seizing the day with this rare opportunity. 

Actually there are a total of 103 Pinnacles on board right now (as I was told by the LA yesterday).  But only 41 are on the full WC.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, island lady said:

Nancy...in follow up...when we were walking out of our cabin last night, we spotted the Genie coming out of the RS.  Not sure if the RS is the only one with a Genie, but I am guessing yes?  

I’d think that’s it.  There are too many OS (next largest suite) for one Genie to handle.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

Actually there are a total of 103 Pinnacles on board right now (as I was told by the LA yesterday).  But only 41 are on the full WC.  

In a way it makes sense. Do the south America/Asia/Middle East legs, but skip the others since they've probably already done them.

I wonder if this [having a Genie/Star Class] is a test for maybe expanding SC to the smaller/older ships.  They originally said that the Suite Class would eventually be extended beyond O and Q (and now, Icon) classes but that never happened.  Maybe this is a trial ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

In a way it makes sense. Do the south America/Asia/Middle East legs, but skip the others since they've probably already done them.

We are doing just first and last quarter.  (Half of the WC).   Not doing 2nd quarter due to already having that booked with Viking (after RCI cancelled 2 of our Aussie adventures  the last 3 years 😣).  RCI's loss...Viking's gain.  😉 

3rd quarter has me too nervous to do the Middle East leg.  Big chicken I am.  🐓

So we are rejoining in Barcelona for the 4th leg, which I am very excited about.  🙂  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

115 pounds per night per person including taxes, gratuities and fees is FRIGGIN' CHEAP.

You don't even want to know what I am paying per  night.  

Couldn't you have canceled and booked a bunch of the smaller cruises to make up the segment you are going on?

30 minutes ago, island lady said:

OK...got the scoop on the RS this morning from Mohan our cabin attendant that also services the RS.

He said this ship never has a Genie for the RS.  But they brought one on for the WC just for the RS.

Only two people staying the RS, but they are traveling with 6 other family members who are all in different cabins.  The Genie is servicing all 8 of them, even they are not all in the RS.  

Might that info get the Genie in trouble when they find out the 6 other people he is servicing don't belong to getting the genie service.

Sounds like something he is doing to get larger tips.

Don't think that info should have went public.

Edited by Jimbo

17 hours ago, orville99 said:

And, to rub more salt, someone who booked an interior cabin for the entire WC gets all the same perks as someone who booked the RS except the Genie.

How so?

Edited by CSHS1979

On 12/10/2023 at 7:44 PM, Waynetor said:

Whether its 20 or 60 kids, I'm surprised at there being that many.  I've done 180 night w/c on Oceana and there were 0 kids.  Probably less than 10  people under 55.

Even did 58 night circle South America on Princess just before Covid shutdown and don't remember any kids. 

Every year more and more people working from their Computer at home and Millions of Kids(just in USA) Home Schooled.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I wonder if this [having a Genie/Star Class] is a test for maybe expanding SC to the smaller/older ships.  They originally said that the Suite Class would eventually be extended beyond O and Q (and now, Icon) classes but that never happened.  Maybe this is a trial ?

I have heard rumor of this from Genies that we have had. Personally I wouldn't want it on the smaller ships though.

The smaller ships IMO don't have the demand for needing a Genie.  The shows are not anywhere near the caliber of the other ships.  They can book your meals, but they are only a few specialty venues to dine in.  The only gain might be getting of the ship at tender ports, but in the RS the concereige could help with that. 

I think its just another way to charge more on the smaller ships.  If they start to do this, then they should be making the Sky Class perks equal across all the ships and not just Oasis and Quantum Class.  Free wifi, costal kitchen etc... Just my thoughts.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I have heard rumor of this from Genies that we have had. Personally I wouldn't want it on the smaller ships though.

The smaller ships IMO don't have the demand for needing a Genie.  The shows are not anywhere near the caliber of the other ships.  They can book your meals, but they are only a few specialty venues to dine in.  The only gain might be getting of the ship at tender ports, but in the RS the concereige could help with that. 

I think its just another way to charge more on the smaller ships.  If they start to do this, then they should be making the Sky Class perks equal across all the ships and not just Oasis and Quantum Class.  Free wifi, costal kitchen etc... Just my thoughts.

Exactly,no need for a Genie on a Radiance class ship.

Just more money they want to squeeze  out of you.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Given that the gratuities would have been prepaid as part of the WC cost, and presuming that there are four people in the RS, the prepaid gratuities would have amounted to ~$23,000, so a 10% kicker would be $2,300. It would be insane (IMHO) to base the 10% kicker on the total cost of the cruise. That would amount to a 300% kicker over the prepaid gratuity amount. A $100/day kicker would be more in line with a normal cruise in an RS.

Though in reality, there are only two pax in the RS for the whole WC.  😉   But for some reason the Genie is taking care of their extended family in lesser cabins as well.  

12 minutes ago, island lady said:

Though in reality, there are only two pax in the RS for the whole WC.  😉   But for some reason the Genie is taking care of their extended family in lesser cabins as well.  

Thanks. My $100/day was calculated on there being four passengers in the RS. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

You are most welcome.  🙂 

Mohan is such a great attendant...he is so friendly and bubbly.  Super nice guy, loves to chat.  😉 

We had Mohan as our cabin attendant for the Panama Canal - he is great! You must be near 1550.

On 12/10/2023 at 11:40 PM, driftychick said:

Have you forgotten that when the Ovation of the Seas first came into the fleet they started with a Global Odyssey.  We were fortunate enough to sail on two segments from Barcelona to Dubai and then Dubai through the Suez Canal and finally ending in Singapore.  that was a total of 45 days, all of the segments were a minimum of 16 days and up from there.  This was not billed as a World cruise but did cover the globe.  This was in 2016 and I thought at that time the pricing was very good.  Of course, the Ovation is a bit larger than the Serenade.

We were on this cruise as well, but stayed on an additional segment, and got off in Tianjin (Beijing) China.  I agree that the pricing was very good,  We also went on the Maiden voyage of Spectrum of the Seas in 2019, which followed a similar route, but ended in Shanghai instead.  It was not billed as a Global Odyssey, although we put together a number of B2Bs, and had total of 58 days aboard.  The pricing was quite good on that as well (for a balcony cabin), and IIRC, there were over a thousand guests who did the longer itineraries, piecing together B2Bs.  Unlike the current World Cruise, gratuities, WiFi, etc were not included.  So RC has experience with passengers staying onboard for longer itineraries, and plans menus, activities to accommodate them.  We are also booked for B2B2B2B this February on Briiliance, which includes a circumnavigation of Australia, plus New Zealand and the South Pacific, for a total of 58 days on board.  Hopefully, they'll do menus like the World Cruise, so that we won't be repeating the same dishes every week.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't know what I would do with a genie either.

This family of 8 paid over a million dollars to be in RS and other cabins for 6 others maybe they made special request for the Genie.

I see no need for a Genie on Serenade.

All I would do is ask for a wish everyday😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1