Who to email?

dpepper64

one can only assume last you wish to share some critical feedback or comment on the guest experience at an executive level. if so, i'd recommend you contact katty byrd, senior VP of guest services. somebody in her office will likely respond.

kbyrd@ncl.com

• Thanks 1

We were on the Epic this past week.  Overall, the cruise was good but a couple of things I wanted to share with the upper management.   First getting on the ship was a joke.  We arrived at 12:30 and I asked where to go for priority check-in being a platinum cruiser.  No signs and we got three different answers.  Noone knew what was going on.  Then once we checked in we had to go get our key card, Another line.  Food was great in the specialty restaurants.  But the main dinning was ok to poor.  Baked potatoes and I had 4 between my wife and I were cold.  French fries where cold every meal at lunch.  I did not stand in lines as I had a guy in the H2O as well as pool bars, but the lines people would stand in line for 20 min.  They need to open a bar area for just beer.  This would help out.  Every server said they were at fully staffed, but looked like me they need an additional person at each bar.

I travel quite a bit.  Because of that,  I've spent quite a bit of time following the travel industry.   No matter if it's airline,  hotel,  cruise ship,  etc, people really love to throw around their mid-level loyalty "status".  And guess what?  No one cares.

You may have legitimate issues to share but adding platinum really does nothing but make the staff giggle behind your back.  Leave out the platinum,  be factual and be brief. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

We were on the Epic this past week.  Overall, the cruise was good but a couple of things I wanted to share with the upper management.   First getting on the ship was a joke.  We arrived at 12:30 and I asked where to go for priority check-in being a platinum cruiser.  No signs and we got three different answers.  Noone knew what was going on.  Then once we checked in we had to go get our key card, Another line.  Food was great in the specialty restaurants.  But the main dinning was ok to poor.  Baked potatoes and I had 4 between my wife and I were cold.  French fries where cold every meal at lunch.  I did not stand in lines as I had a guy in the H2O as well as pool bars, but the lines people would stand in line for 20 min.  They need to open a bar area for just beer.  This would help out.  Every server said they were at fully staffed, but looked like me they need an additional person at each bar.

From the time you arrive at a port until the time you actually walk on board a ship is the responsibility of the local port authorities not NCL.

This is the holiday season and all the ships are sailing very full-- long lines and wait times are unavoidable.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

From the time you arrive at a port until the time you actually walk on board a ship is the responsibility of the local port authorities not NCL.

This is the holiday season and all the ships are sailing very full-- long lines and wait times are unavoidable.

Yes, the port staff is not employed by NCL. Ships at full capacity and they can’t just bring on extra staff, nowhere to put them. We don’t travel during peak times, not a fan of crowds and lines.

• Like 1

We have travelled many times during peak season and never had an issue.  The issue I have was the set up.  Never had an issue with that.  Also, NCL does control the set up, They do know how many people are coming onto the ship, We traveled and met a number of people who were traveling with NCL the first time and they all said if this what to expect they will not travel with NCL again.  Not sure you want that as first impression getting on the ship.  If you are questioning your decision even before you get on a ship that's not a good sign.

10 hours ago, dpepper64 said:

I just got off the Epic and I would like to email, Harry or someone else in management about my experience.  Any ides where to end email?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Just so you are aware, the thousands of emails sent to the external facing email addresses of corporate executives each week are never seen by them. They are routed to off shore customer service call center personnel who are authorized to send canned responses. And an email about a baked potato may not get a response at all. If you got a potato problem, meat address that with a restaurant manager onboard, not the CEO of NCL Holdings, parent company to NCL. 

And the embarkation port is handled by a local agent and not NCL. One day they are working on an NCL embarkation, the next day Royal, the next day Carnival,  next day a small tour company. “Platinum” probably means nothing to most of them. And even means little to NCL,,, just a lower tier member. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1

Boarded in many ports and it's not unusual for port employees not to know where the specific lines are. I am Sapphire and just go to the shortest one that isn't Haven, CAS or handicap. As far as the food issue, those types of concerns should always be handled on board by someone who can take care of it then and there. It's like emailing the CEO of Ford because you got a flat tire. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dpepper64 said:

Glad you had a good time.  Not sure what NCL can do about the port employees.  The boarding process sometimes changes from port to port.  Did they have the big signs stipulating which Latitudes levels and Haven guests go for check in.

Bars…if one bar has a line, there’s another 25 yards in either direction. 

Escape plus ships have the Brewhouse. the on board beer brewery!

The rest?  You can let them know your thoughts and suggestions via the afore mentioned email address!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Just so you are aware, the thousands of emails sent to the external facing email addresses of corporate executives each week are never seen by them.

oh, dear... not this old chestnut again.

i agree that a baked potato concern may not get addressed.

but most corporate execs either read their email themselves and forward it on to the appropriate department head... or somebody in the office will read it and prepare an executive summary. i know this because i've been contacted by the CEO of my former company a number of times to address customer concerns that floated up to him.

and if there are more than a couple of baked potato emails, that, too, will be escalated because somebody in F&B may be perturbed and perplexed by the recurring potato problem and will promptly respond to the customer's plaintive pleas.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UKstages said:

but most corporate execs either read their email themselves and forward it on to the appropriate department head... or somebody in the office will read it and prepare an executive summary. i know this because i've been contacted by the CEO of my former company a number of times to address customer concerns that floated up to him.

and if there are more than a couple of baked potato emails, that, too, will be escalated because somebody in F&B may be perturbed and perplexed by the recurring potato problem and will promptly respond to the customer's plaintive pleas.

I wonder if the OP did indeed make on the spot complaints in the restaurants. He certainly should have.

I hope there isn't a line-wide cold potato crisis. 17 days to go before I open my investigation.... 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Just so you are aware, the thousands of emails sent to the external facing email addresses of corporate executives each week are never seen by them. They are routed to off shore customer service call center personnel who are authorized to send canned responses.

....for the benefit of all members, NCL may receive thousands of complaints every week.

However, NCLs corporate guest relations is located in Miami, not offshore.

The canned response part may be true.

You may receive a response that looks something like this....

thanks for sailing,

we are committed to delivering great vacations,

we aren't doing anything to resolve your problem,

please sail with us again.

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, UKstages said:

You use the term 'floated up to him' which implies that some intermediary read the email, decided it should be sent to the CEO, who then forwarded it to you.  That process in no way means that all emails addressed to the CEO are actually read by the CEO.  

An executive of a corporation like NCL would recieve hundreds if not thousands of emails daily.  I suspect that all emails to that address go to a answering service where those emails are sorted into piles, a pile for certain personnel to read, a pile to ignore, and a very, very few might go to a screener who then decides whether that email would go to the CEO.  

Once upon a time, I was the screener for a General Officer.

8 hours ago, cruiser2015 said:

I hope there isn't a line-wide cold potato crisis. 17 days to go before I open my investigation.... 

As a lover of all things potato related (new Xmas sweatshirt to prove it) this concerns me. First the great wide hashbrown famine of 2023 and now as we roll into 2024 there's issues with the baked variety as well? What's next, soggy fries? Lumpy mashed? Will someone please think of me and my fellow potato lovers?

image.thumb.png.662e958b7aeb37aea78b107a5d928eda.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

As a lover of all things potato related (new Xmas sweatshirt to prove it) this concerns me. First the great wide hashbrown famine of 2023 and now as we roll into 2024 there's issues with the baked variety as well? What's next, soggy fries? Lumpy mashed? Will someone please think of me and my fellow potato lovers?

image.thumb.png.662e958b7aeb37aea78b107a5d928eda.png

Perhaps you didn't notice, but the cold baked were accompanied by cold fries as well (no mention of soggy...ugh...soggy is even worse - makes them not worth the calories)   😝

20 minutes ago, dexddd said:

They have to cool the potatoes so they can dice them up for breakfast the next day.  No more heating oil to fry hash browns.  Baked potatoes can air cool.  Part of sail and sustain.

By George, Holmes!

I think you've got it.

Chef Moriarty dealing his deadly tricks once again...😲.