Bump to Diamond before next cruise?

I just completed a 5-nt solo cruise that bumps our status to Diamond🎉🎉🎉 Our next cruise starts on February 2, it’s a 12-nt AUS/NZ cruise, so we would really appreciate the perks during that sailing. Realistically, how long does it take for C&A status to be updated?  Do you think it will be done before February 2? 

Typically 6 -7 days but if it isn't updated before you sail just visit the loyalty ambassador once on board.  They will research and will usually upgrade your level for the next sailing.

EDIT: Congrats on making Diamond.  It's one of the most meaningful accomplishments that most will accomplish.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not always...our kids are still not updated after 2.5 weeks.  Crown and Anchor said it can take up to 30 days. Guessing this is not normal though as our updates are always within a week.

18 minutes ago, twangster said:

Typically 6 -7 days but if it isn't updated before you sail just visit the loyalty ambassador once on board.  They will research and will usually upgrade your level for the next sailing.

EDIT: Congrats on making Diamond.  It's one of the most meaningful accomplishments that most will accomplish.

Thank you very much! I appreciate the info and will see if the LA onboard can update, if not done before we sail. 

5 hours ago, twangster said:

What is so meaningful about reaching Diamond status?

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What is so meaningful about reaching Diamond status?

Maybe he was being sarcastic, but it is the first level that has a very real financial impact because you get four free drinks a day.

• Like 3

FWIW, I got off a January 7 cruise and my points posted after a week but my status is still reflecting old level despite crossing the threshold on my last cruise.

Any idea how I can earn negative 6 nights quickly? 😆

38cbe1d8-edfe-4962-ba3e-c59f2dd3a2d6.jpg

Edited by cmich068
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Ask him.

Regardless of what anyone else thinks about achieving Diamond status, it does have value for us. The drink vouchers are of value. The access to the lounge, especially for morning coffee, has value for us. If someone feels it necessary to belittle or “sarcastically” comment on this, I cannot control that. But I do thank those who offered helpful advice. 

• Like 7

Congrats on becoming Diamond members.

As well as the free drinks, free internet, free photo, there is access to the crown lounge, not only for the free coffee and nibbles, but also for access to the concierge who may be able to help you with many questions saving you valuable time queuing at guest services.

But the best thing (other than the free drinks) was meeting other cruisers in the crown lounge who had great experience of sailing and knew lots about some of the ports we were going to (as they had already been many times before) and were able to tell us about places to go to on certain islands (that RCI did not advertise) and also places to avoid too.

Also, depending on the class of ship and the location of the crown lounge, so me have a nice outside area too where you can basically have your own private outdoor lounge during the day.

Mick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 3:53 PM, LindaD22 said:

I just completed a 5-nt solo cruise that bumps our status to Diamond🎉🎉🎉 Our next cruise starts on February 2, it’s a 12-nt AUS/NZ cruise, so we would really appreciate the perks during that sailing. Realistically, how long does it take for C&A status to be updated?  Do you think it will be done before February 2? 

Does a solo cruise bump the status of 2 people to the next level. What's the language around that rule ?

17 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

Regardless of what anyone else thinks about achieving Diamond status, it does have value for us. The drink vouchers are of value. The access to the lounge, especially for morning coffee, has value for us. If someone feels it necessary to belittle or “sarcastically” comment on this, I cannot control that. But I do thank those who offered helpful advice. 

Diamond has saved me money... On top of the Balcony discount ($225 per cabin), the drink vouchers have stopped me buying the DBP for me and RP for DW.  That is a savings of $800 per cruise.  DW will only use two vouchers on port days and three vouchers on sea days so that means that I have 5 or 6 vouchers at my disposal.  The coffee machine in the Crown Lounge means that I don't have buy or use a voucher for my morning cappuccino.  I'll buy a few drinks over the course of the week when I have run out but the cost of those is discounted sometimes by purchasing the drink of the day or using the coupons for beer and cider.  So while it is not a total of $800 saving off the drinks it is still very very substantial.

People often poo poo the photo benefit but I have enjoyed getting a formal picture on every cruise I have ever been on.  In the past I had to pay for them.  Now we get two for free.  

Another benefit that has value is the $10 off the laundry bag.  I'm almost always going to use this service.  I have no desire to wash underwear in a sink and hang them to dry.  I'm on vacation for god's sake and $25 to have clean underwear and t-shirts without me putting any effort in is money well spent.  I'll be diamond+ soon and it'll be free.  Right now $10 that stays in my pocket is good.  Later on $35 staying in my pocket will be even better.

I'm not sure if Twangster was being sarcastic or just trying to make a joke or was sincere but he is a great poster and would have meant no ill will.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cantellu said:

Got it. Thery get status but not points which means not the benfits.

My husband will get Diamond status as well and will get the drink vouchers, lounge access, etc. 

2 hours ago, cantellu said:

Got it. Thery get status but not points which means not the benfits.

No, if they have the status they get the benefits.   However to improve the status they have to earn the points on their own. Call Crown and Anchor and make sure your accounts are linked.  When they are your spouse should have the same status as you.

Edited by Tree_skier

On 1/24/2024 at 2:14 PM, cmich068 said:

FWIW, I got off a January 7 cruise and my points posted after a week but my status is still reflecting old level despite crossing the threshold on my last cruise.

Any idea how I can earn negative 6 nights quickly? 😆

38cbe1d8-edfe-4962-ba3e-c59f2dd3a2d6.jpg

Log in to Royal Caribbean on a computer.  Open up your profile and click on My Loyalty.

Edit your C&A number by erasing the last digit, then put it back in and click Save. 

Click Back, and it should update you to D+

• Thanks 1

Wow, that was fast! Got off my last cruise (as Emerald) on Jan. 20. My C&A status was updated today! I made a quick call to link my husband and now we are both Diamond. We leave Feb. 2 for our AUS/NZ cruise, so it was nice to have this done beforehand. 🎉🎉💎💎🎉🎉

• Like 1