Sky Suite Butlers

edgee

Just joined Ascent in a Sky Suite. Called Retreat Concierge with a request and was told they would alert our butler. I reminded her that we were in  Sky Suite so didn't have a butler. Was told "Yes you do, starting today with the Ascent, butlers are back for all in Retreat." She said it will be gradually rolled out to the rest if the fleet.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That is what those contacting the Executuve office were told last month.  They said it would take some to get butlers back in place, but they would be adding them. 

Yes, since I am experiencing first day, first ship of the return, our butler is experiencing her first day on an Edge class ship...a few questions I had she will need to get back to me with answers. All good though.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, edgee said:

Yes, since I am experiencing first day, first ship of the return, our butler is experiencing her first day on an Edge class ship.

Do you know if she was previously a butler with Celebrity?

Just now, Texed said:

Do you know if she was previously a butler with Celebrity?

Yes, experienced butler but primarily on Solstice class. Seems very confident.

• Like 2

We just finished a 7 day trip on Apex. No butler but really didnt miss much. We just called the head butler and asked for what we wanted and got it but with different people each time. We tipped a little each time but still different people, Very impersonal. Oh well , will see if it changes back fleet wide.  We’re on eclipse in April. Will see if things change. 

I would save any extra tip for your room attendant. We got great service from him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

We just finished a 7 day trip on Apex. No butler but really didnt miss much. We just called the head butler and asked for what we wanted and got it but with different people each time. We tipped a little each time but still different people, Very impersonal. Oh well , will see if it changes back fleet wide.  We’re on eclipse in April. Will see if things change. 

I would save any extra tip for your room attendant. We got great service from him. 

Just off Apex, agree!!

In SS  on Ascent. Just met our Room Steward and when I asked about Cappucinos every morning he said the Butler would take care of it. 
Half an hour later Butler showed up and introduced himself and said it was no problem. His first day on Ascent , but was on Beyond pre vacation. 

Things may be turning around.  Ship is gorgeous. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bosjoe said:

Good news for those who appreciate Butler service. I couldn’t care less and I am doing suite for the first time coming up. 

Respectfully, I didn't think I cared much about a butler either...until they went away for the SS.  We really enjoyed having our morning coffee and pastry set up by our butler...not to mention the ease of having them make our dinner reservations...small requests that I didn't think made much difference.  I was wrong.  I hope you enjoy your suite experience!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, edgee said:

Yes, experienced butler but primarily on Solstice class. Seems very confident.

Hi 

we had a fantastic lady named Eli (Ely)look after us on a Reflection sailing a few years ago. If it is say hello from Julie and Steve. This is really good news.

4 hours ago, Im A Happy Cruiser said:

Can anyone presently in a SS on Silhouette say if or when Butler service will return for SS?  Curious because I'll be sailing on February 26 in a SS on Silhouette.

Looks highly unlikely. They will do the Edge ships first in all probability.

• Like 1

We missed the butler last month on the Silhouette.  Room service brought our breakfast upon request and our cabin attendant serviced our cabin- we saved a generous tip!  Spent lot's of time in the suite lounge which was great- staff in the lounge was great.

7 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Looks highly unlikely. They will do the Edge ships first in all probability.

They took them all away at the same time? I get piloting an idea on one ship but it seems like a way to upset consumers. “Hey you got a butler but I didn’t!”  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shellyd22 said:

They took them all away at the same time? I get piloting an idea on one ship but it seems like a way to upset consumers. “Hey you got a butler but I didn’t!”  

The butlers that were removed were either sacked or moved on to other duties so they no longer have enough to go round so they will bring them back on the newest ship first, the Ascent, and then introduce them to the others as they find butlers.

• Like 2

2 Hot Capps and fruit plate delivered on time this am. Trolley had a few carafes and other plates as well. 

I quite like not having to get up  change and  stand in line at Al Bacio for early morning Capps so works great for me. 

• Like 3

I'm glad they had the good sense to bring back the butlers.  For what we pay for in a Sky Suite, we should get a little additional service than a standard cabin.  The service is always above and beyond, but those little extras that are offered by the butlers, really do make a difference.

• Like 4