Share holder benefit

crompton21

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Applied to stockperks late Friday for a september cruise, e-mail yesterday saying it had been sent to P&O, and one today saying my OBC has been applied to the cruise.

I think I like this new system, but I have no idea how stockperks will be able to guarantee that I will still hold the shares in September, but I guess that will be P&O's problem.

It doesn't matter whether you own the shares in September, you have had the OBC applied. This was a discussion many moons ago on here as to what was to stop you buying shares then having OBC applies to several cruises throughout the year then selling the shares. This is why I was surprised that I got mine applied to a cruise at the end of December as it looked like they were reverting back to only applying the OBC around 90 days prior to a cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Windsurfboy said:

My carnival shares are held in an ISA with interactive investor.  What information do you give stockperks. Presume  account number, but wary about sharing passwords etc.

In the "good old days" I just sent a redacted copy of my quarterly statement which is what I intend doing with Stockperks - and take it from there

7 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

My carnival shares are held in an ISA with interactive investor.  What information do you give stockperks. Presume  account number, but wary about sharing passwords etc.

Mine are with the same broker, and what I did was to print out a statement then redacted all the unnecessary data and then send that version to stockperks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Does this mean you must use stockperks, or can you still use old method of email as well

As Sheila said you get an automatic reply directing you to Stockperks. I had to then send them a pic of my redacted account proving current ownership (in my case a pic taken of the attachment I'd already sent to P&O). 

Once they validate your holding, it seems they only then need info on your booking ref and name, email perhaps d.o.b. (?) but minimal info to provide to verify your claim for subsequent bookings. Very easy.  Presumably they check you still hold the shares with whoever that may be.  

Applied on Saturday via Stockperks. New confirmation email showing OBC applied for a September cruise received this morning. Initial set up last month  withStockperks was quick and painless too. 

Having had my Equiniti shareholding verified I filled in the redemption form on Stockperks. I had this information to hand.

Broker - Equiniti

Equiniti Shareholder Ref - XXXXXXXXXXX

Name - XXXXX

Booking Ref - XXXXXX

Ship - P&O Arcadia

Sailing date - XXXXXX

I can't remember if all those details were required but NO passwords. My redemption application and the amended invoice from P&O took an hour or so.

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Still waiting. Sent proof of ownership last Monday, accepted Wednesday with a note to allow up to 5 working days for OBC, Sep cruise, Sky Princess.

I am seeing on here and other groups that, for once, P&O are being quicker than Princess in getting things done. My 3 cruises OBC were confirmed by P&O within a couple of hours each. Perhaps it is because Princess have more passengers.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:00 AM, GOQ said:

When you consider in 2018 the per share price was around £40 so a hundred shares would have cost you £4000 but today the cost is about £1100.

Maybe they are considering raising the minimum number of shares held, to say 400.

Yes but that would not be good for those who bought at £40  double hit, loose money and no OBC

4 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

A very quick system using stockperks,  24hours from booking cruise to receiving notification obc had been applied to a Cunard Cruise. 

When is the cruise you have got the OBC for please?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

When is the cruise you have got the OBC for please?

I got OBC for September Cunard cruise applied in under 24 hours applied Sunday. Confirmation e Mail from Cunard Monday morning 

Edited by Winifred 22
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

I got OBC for September Cunard cruise applied in under 24 hours applied Sunday. Confirmation e Mail from Cunard Monday morning 

I got the same for a September Iona cruise.

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

At last ! Applied on 3rd March for September Princess cruise, approved this afternoon. Some are 24 hours, others 11 days.

Good news Bob as we are on the cruise after you so mine may get approved soon. I was wondering whether they were applying the 90 day rule at Princess.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Good news Bob as we are on the cruise after you so mine may get approved soon. I was wondering whether they were applying the 90 day rule at Princess.

I just got the email from stocksperk that my OBC was added to September cruise.

• Like 3

Unfortunately I recieved the following reply after sending all the neccesay details and photo to Stockperks;

Unfortunately, per the validation rules we have from our clients, we had to reject your submission because it was too old.

Can you follow the same upload process in the app but with legible recent images of your documentation (from the last 3 months)? These images should show:

• your name (that matches the Stockperks user name)
  • the brokerage’s name
  • date of the documentation
  • the number of shares you own in companies offering perks via Stockperks

I don't know what they mean by the last 3 months, my share certificate is 6 years old. What do they need?

• Like 1

There is a facility to email them in your profile tab in the app, maybe worth a try.

I sent a photo of my latest share certificate which is dated 2008 and that was approved. They may want a download/photo from the broker site/company that holds your shares that is less than 3 months old as not everyone has a share certificate as that is a bit dated now. 

3 hours ago, smj777 said:

Unfortunately I recieved the following reply after sending all the neccesay details and photo to Stockperks;

Unfortunately, per the validation rules we have from our clients, we had to reject your submission because it was too old.

Can you follow the same upload process in the app but with legible recent images of your documentation (from the last 3 months)? These images should show:

• the brokerage’s name

I don't know what they mean by the last 3 months, my share certificate is 6 years old. What do they need?

Our ancient share certificate was accepted earlier in the year, but I applied by email as I don’t do apps. I can only suggest you email the customer support team: - carnivalcorp@stockperks.com .

4 hours ago, smj777 said:

• the brokerage’s name

Contact the company who holds your shares and get them to send you a letter to confirm your holding. If you hold the certificate the surly as good photo of it should do as long as you have the above points covered.

21 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

Our ancient share certificate was accepted earlier in the year, but I applied by email as I don’t do apps. I can only suggest you email the customer support team: - carnivalcorp@stockperks.com .

The App allows you to download a photo

2 hours ago, daiB said:

The App allows you to download a photo

But you are then in the realms of the computer says no, one of the reasons I don’t do apps. I suggested the OP email customer services as it’s staffed by a human but each to their own.

1 minute ago, Bill Y said:

But you are then in the realms of the computer says no, one of the reasons I don’t do apps. I suggested the OP email customer services as it’s staffed by a human but each to their own.

You still have to in some way prove to Stockperks you have shares. They are in New York. I have not seen mentioned anywhere that you can do it other than electronically. I get the impression they do not accept asking foor OBC by email now