Does Celebrity have a lobster night?

volk904

Sailing for 8 nights on the Eclipse in May.  My wife says the menus are showing on the app and no lobster.  Seems to soon to me for menus but our cruise last Feb on the Beyond had lobster and we were on the Odyssey last month and had lobster.  

The menus in the app are place holders, the menu for your sailing will be relatively accurate a day or 2 before boarding.

But, yes they have lobster it is normally on the last Evening Chic night of the cruise.

4 minutes ago, volk904 said:

Sailing for 8 nights on the Eclipse in May.  My wife says the menus are showing on the app and no lobster.  Seems to soon to me for menus but our cruise last Feb on the Beyond had lobster and we were on the Odyssey last month and had lobster.  

I never trust the app to be accurate pre cruise. You will have lobster on your cruise. Enjoy your cruise. 🍷

55 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Think already clear that the menus shown on the app are not necessarily what will happen.

Celebrity serves "lobster" that is a poor warm water cousin of the cold water lobster found in Alaska and Maine.  

and the best is from Nova Scotia!..lol  same as Maine. It is a huge industry up here

On 3/10/2024 at 2:51 PM, gold1953 said:

It is the warm water lobster tail not the north easter real cold water lobster. Not even same family but some like it

Oh well, first world problems.

For someone who never gets lobster except on a cruise, it's good enough.

• Like 1

Had nice ones on ASCENT AQ.. unlimited as they were small.

some say  if you can only have  one, order the Lobster as an appetizer and then a regular other main course

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mac66 said:

Oh well, first world problems.

For someone who never gets lobster except on a cruise, it's good enough.

Exactly. It's the only time I get lobster.

Laura

It is the warm water lobster tail not the north easter real cold water lobster. Not even same family but some like it

And I call it false advertising.

I like the melted butter better than what is served.  Give me a cold water lobster with the butter, steamers, clam chowder,  fish,   fresh corn and watermelon  and I am real  happy.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keesar said:

I like the melted butter better than what is served.  Give me a cold water lobster with the butter, steamers, clam chowder,  fish,   fresh corn and watermelon  and I am real  happy.  

oh.. same with melted butter!!

Since the startup after Covid we have been on 6 Celebrity cruises and there was lobster available on the last Chic night for every 7 and 9 day cruise but not on 6 night cruises. I don’t live or die for lobster and most of the time Beef Wellington is also available on the nights they serve lobster and I’ll go with the Beef, it’s been excellent on Celebrity every time we’ve ordered it.