Sorry - Another Club Orange ?

Is there anyway to know if Club Orange is available on any particular cruise? I know it is capacity limited, so it would be helpful to know if already sold out before Iv 

9 minutes ago, rover16 said:

Is there anyway to know if Club Orange is available on any particular cruise?

I think you have to call, preferably your PCC or have your TA call their line to HAL.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Yes. Your PCC or TA can check in advance. The phone reps can probably check as long as they've been trained. I'd recommend that you call during regular HAL business hours. That's 6 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday. Outside of those hours, you will likely get a call center rep.

There is a limited allocation and it is potentially impacted by Neptune Suites booked as triples or quads. That's because Neptunes and Pinnacle Suites get Club Orange no matter what. If a family of 4 is in an NS, they're using the usual 2 slots plus 2.  (I'd expect this to impact holiday and school break cruises.)

Demand will probably be higher on the Pinnacle Class ships because they have the dedicated Club Orange dining room. Club Orange is available on entire fleet though.

If you can't get Club Orange, don't let that dissuade you. We sailed on HAL for years and only had CO once. It's nice, but would not be a deal breaker for us. (Disclaimer: We have CO booked for our cruise over Easter on the Rotterdam as well. That's so we get a second one of those sweet, sweet Club Orange tote bags. Then we'll each have one.)

Edited by POA1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

...If you can't get Club Orange, don't let that dissuade you. We sailed on HAL for years and only had CO once. It's nice, but would not be a deal breaker for us. (Disclaimer: We have CO booked for our cruise over Easter on the Rotterdam as well. That's so we get a second one of those sweet, sweet Club Orange tote bags. Then we'll each have one.)

Wait - don't you need 3 so Poohby Joe has one?😁

• Haha 2

The first one is already his. We're going to share the next one. If we start to fight, we'll have to take a 3rd trip.

17104986300610.thumb.jpg.500210dbb438e0baef1b20aa0d328e98.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I just booked a cruise yesterday on Rotterdam, and before I booked it I asked my travel agent to verify that Club Orange was available. She said she called HAL and was told that they are unable to verify that it's available until after a booking is in place. She instructed me to book the cruise, then to call HAL directly to add Club Orange.  I did that, and of course Club Orange was not available.  It's frustrating that they couldn't give me that information before I booked, so I could choose another date.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LLRS11 said:

I just booked a cruise yesterday on Rotterdam, and before I booked it I asked my travel agent to verify that Club Orange was available. She said she called HAL and was told that they are unable to verify that it's available until after a booking is in place. She instructed me to book the cruise, then to call HAL directly to add Club Orange.  I did that, and of course Club Orange was not available.  It's frustrating that they couldn't give me that information before I booked, so I could choose another date.  

It's available in advance. In the booking system, there's a display inventory function. Once the voyage code has been entered, they can see the allocated inventory (people) for Club Orange as well as how many slots have been booked.

Either the TA got bad info or they got you to book without knowing or checking. I was able to check if CO was available for both our December cruise and our upcoming cruise before I booked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LLRS11 said:

If you're before final payment, cancel and book another date.

13 hours ago, POA1 said:

Disclaimer: We have CO booked for our cruise over Easter on the Rotterdam as well. That's so we get a second one of those sweet, sweet Club Orange tote bags. Then we'll each have one.)

I would offer to sell one of ours, but they're priceless! 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, LLRS11 said:

Unfortunately CO is yet another HAL program that is the victim of being poorly administered.  It should be relatively simple to see whether CO is available on every sailing prior to booking as it is simply a bundling of amenities like HIA.  But of course this isn't the case.  Instead, you are forced to call HAL to request if it is available and your access to CO is 100% dependent on the knowledge and expertise of whomever happens to be on the other end of the call.

Every time I have called to determine if CO is available I have been told that the PCC has to call Ship Inventory to find out.  Perhaps your PCC was trying to meet a sales quota and wanted to create a sense of urgency for you to book?

3 minutes ago, auggiemom said:

My agent at HAL was able to tell me everything before we booked.  Since we book it for the upgrade, I don't want to book it unless I know.  

Exactly. And if you do it all at one time, you're not in danger of having a booking w/o CO that you have to change or can't change (non-refundable rate or w/in final payment).

Another question if I may....

Club Orange vs. MDR...I'm guessing CO is in the interior of the ship(Rotterdam) so no view of the ocean I am guessing.  I'm guessing it would still be possible to have an aft wake view while dining in the MDR on Rotterdam?

The Club Orange Dining Room on Rotterdam is along the side corridor of the aft of the ship.  Starboard side just a bit forward of the MDR.  There are openings in the wall of the CO where you can see out the side windows slightly but no direct view.

Depending on when you are sailing (winter) it could be dark outside at dinner time.

The MDR has not changed and has large windows on the side and aft.

From halfacts.com  Club Orange wall

image.png.52d9ee364d1ebf88352d51deaecf01b8.png

~Nancy

• Like 2

8 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

I would offer to sell one of ours, but they're priceless! 

I know! I have an old tote bag I'm taking for excursions. Carrying the CO bag would be like wearing a gold Rolex, a shirt bedazzled in diamonds, and having hundred dollar bills sticking out of my pockets.

It would be a beacon to desperados, highwaymen and blackguards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

17 hours ago, cbr663 said:

Unfortunately CO is yet another HAL program that is the victim of being poorly administered.  It should be relatively simple to see whether CO is available on every sailing prior to booking as it is simply a bundling of amenities like HIA.  But of course this isn't the case.  Instead, you are forced to call HAL to request if it is available and your access to CO is 100% dependent on the knowledge and expertise of whomever happens to be on the other end of the call.

I actually like that it is hard to book CO. It keeps the program a little more exclusive and keeps the numbers down so the CO dining room isn't packed.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 7:02 AM, LLRS11 said:

Sounds like you need a new TA. When I have my TA book a HAL cruise and want CO I have her do it all at the same time and do my cabin category upgrade that comes with CO. That is something any TA should know how to do. When I booked our upcoming Volendam cruise last year, my TA booked the B category Vista Suite and had us upgraded to an A category which we would have booked without CO. This upgrade with CO paid for the cost of adding CO.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:54 PM, chill6x6 said:

Another question if I may....

Club Orange vs. MDR...I'm guessing CO is in the interior of the ship(Rotterdam) so no view of the ocean I am guessing.  I'm guessing it would still be possible to have an aft wake view while dining in the MDR on Rotterdam?

The CO dining room is so much nicer and intimate than the MDR, not having a view of the sea is well worth it. IMO the food served in CO seems to be better than the MDR and we have found the extra CO entrees that are cooked to order to be far superior to the MDR fare. The service in the CO is also far superior to the MDR, IMO.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, highscar said:

Its probably here somewhere but looking for the cost for 18 day cruise.    

It is $15 pppd for cruises 13+ days... see attached.

@terrydtx I have booked my first HAL cruise for K'dam next February.  Have you ever done COmon that ship and what would be your views on investing in the experience?  I have a VD category cabin, what might I expect for annupgrade, if available?

Club_Orange_Benefits.pdf

Edited by d9704011

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

It is $15 pppd for cruises 13+ days... see attached.

@terrydtx I have booked my first HAL cruise for K'dam next February.  Have you ever done COmon that ship and what would be your views on investing in the experience?

Club_Orange_Benefits.pdf 413.25 kB · 2 downloads

We were on the K'Dam last November from San Diego with CO. It was well worth the cost, the CO dining room had excellent food and service. We used the upgrade to move up to an aft facing cabin #6235 on the 6th deck. The other amenities of CO are just frosting on the cake. We tend to book our future cruises early and would never now book a HAL cruise without CO. 

We have moved over to HAL as one of our primary cruise lines from Celebrity and CO was one of the big reasons as we like something extra and nicer. On Celebrity we had booked mostly their Retreat class cabins for the added amenity facilities, but current ridiculous high pricing and cuts in service have driven us away.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 9:02 AM, LLRS11 said:

I am confused by your TA - why would they tell you to do book the cruise?  They should have moved on the cruise once they confirmed CO and done them both in one felt swoop.

Once I experienced CO I knew I wanted it on the Rotterdam and it was too late to backtrack so I called the line and had it added.  However, if I had realized how much I enjoyed the dining room after the K, I would have had my TA take care of it all when she did the initial booking. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

I am confused by your TA - why would they tell you to do book the cruise?  They should have moved on the cruise once they confirmed CO and done them both in one felt swoop.

Once I experienced CO I knew I wanted it on the Rotterdam and it was too late to backtrack so I called the line and had it added.  However, if I had realized how much I enjoyed the dining room after the K, I would have had my TA take care of it all when she did the initial booking. 

The only thing I can think of is the OP has a TA who either, doesn't know HAL and CO or was just not wanting to be bothered booking CO for her client.