The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday March 18th, 2024

kazu

Good Monday morning everyone.  It’s cool and sunny here.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Nice days to recognize today.  We have a recycling closet on our floor that we add to every day.  I like the quote although DH can never figure out who I am talking to!  The meal sounds delicious but I’ll pass on the drink.  Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to the folks celebrating happy events today!

• Like 22

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I guess I will try to be happy day by talking to myself!!  The pot roast sounds delicious but will pass on the drink and wine.  

Presently it is 42F and heading to low 70s.  Back to reality is hard as yesterday was a busy day after getting back home super late Saturday.  I am subbing all this week for the Jr High Resource English teacher who is on his National Guard duty.  We are discussing the Wizard of Oz - one of my favorites.  In going over my emails yesterday from the other school district I sub for, there was an email from a teacher on Feb 20th asking if I could sub for her as the students really like me as their sub.  It made me smile.

The young man who was watching Martina left me her collar and a plaster of paris paw print of her.  Tears flowed when I saw that!

Thoughts for all and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

I do talk to myself, and when I was younger I had an imaginary friend named Penny so that I could talk to someone.  But as I have gotten older, I just talk to myself. DH's hearing is terrible, so if I talk to him, it's pretty much talking to myself too.

Things that have been ordered and sent are not showing up in my mailbox.  Guess I should start checking my front door.  

@rafinmdI want to remind you, that because you show those crisps for dessert, I ordered them every time I was on the NA.  

When I went to see the dietician she informed me that they had not picked up any information apparently remotely from my diabetes scanner since October.  I told my traveling buddy Charles .that and he says his CPAC machine messages to his doc...big brother is watching.

And Act Happy was from the very first Daily.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 26

Posted (edited)

Good Monday morning and back to the real world for me.  I will celebrate Global Recycling Day.  This information is from their website. 

Every year, the Earth yields billions of tons of natural resources and at some point, in the not too distant future, it will run out. That’s why we must think again about what we throw away – seeing not waste, but opportunity.

Recycling is a key part of the circular economy, helping to protect our natural resources. Each year the ‘Seventh Resource’ (recyclables) saves over 700 million tonnes in CO2 emissions and this is projected to increase to 1 billion tons by 2030. There is no doubt recycling is on the front line in the war to save the future of our planet and humanity.

Global Recycling Day was created in 2018 to help recognise, and celebrate, the importance recycling plays in preserving our precious primary resources and securing the future of our planet. It is a day for the world to come together and put the planet first.

The mission of Global Recycling Day, as set out by the Global Recycling Foundation, is twofold:

1. To tell world leaders that recycling is simply too important not to be a global issue, and that a common, joined up approach to recycling is urgently needed.

2. To ask people across the planet to think resource, not waste, when it comes to the goods around us – until this happens, we simply won’t award recycled goods the true value and repurpose they deserve.

IMG_0307.jpeg.18f4b61b8b32aad4a8f7c65cb8e130f3.jpeg

Edited by 0106
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 7

Pennie @Nickelpenny that was very sweet of your cat sitter to give you the paw print to remember Martina by.  I'm not surprised at all the tears - I would too.  Actually we all would!

Jacqui @kazu could you give me the dates you need me to substitute for your Daily posting again?  Sometime in mid April to May 5th or 6th is all I can remember.  We will drive to Tampa/Clearwater for Morgan's graduation weekend on May 2nd but don't need to leave at an unnaturally early hour so I can easily do that and pack up the laptop to leave.  Our Airbnb has Wi-Fi so I will be able to post while there and don't have to drive home early on the 6th so could post before we go if needed.  Her graduation ceremony is the 5th.  Just need to know your away dates again.

When we get home from that weekend we have three days to finish packing and preparing for our cruises.  And that includes a hair appointment and getting a rental car for the drive down to Fort Lauderdale on May 10.  I'd better get a lot done ahead of time. 😜

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Good Monday morning and back to the real world for me.  I will celebrate Global Recycling Day.  This information is from their website. 

Every year, the Earth yields billions of tons of natural resources and at some point, in the not too distant future, it will run out. That’s why we must think again about what we throw away – seeing not waste, but opportunity.

Recycling is a key part of the circular economy, helping to protect our natural resources. Each year the ‘Seventh Resource’ (recyclables) saves over 700 million tonnes in CO2 emissions and this is projected to increase to 1 billion tons by 2030. There is no doubt recycling is on the front line in the war to save the future of our planet and humanity.

Global Recycling Day was created in 2018 to help recognise, and celebrate, the importance recycling plays in preserving our precious primary resources and securing the future of our planet. It is a day for the world to come together and put the planet first.

The mission of Global Recycling Day, as set out by the Global Recycling Foundation, is twofold:

1. To tell world leaders that recycling is simply too important not to be a global issue, and that a common, joined up approach to recycling is urgently needed.

2. To ask people across the planet to think resource, not waste, when it comes to the goods around us – until this happens, we simply won’t award recycled goods the true value and repurpose they deserve.

IMG_0307.jpeg.18f4b61b8b32aad4a8f7c65cb8e130f3.jpeg

Not sure if you are actually in Baltimore City or not but you reminded me that the resumption of weekly recycling pickup in Baltimore is a cause for celebration.

Roy

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Pennie @Nickelpenny that was very sweet of your cat sitter to give you the paw print to remember Martina by.  I'm not surprised at all the tears - I would too.  Actually we all would!

Jacqui @kazu could you give me the dates you need me to substitute for your Daily posting again?  Sometime in mid April to May 5th or 6th is all I can remember.  We will drive to Tampa/Clearwater for Morgan's graduation weekend on May 2nd but don't need to leave at an unnaturally early hour so I can easily do that and pack up the laptop to leave.  Our Airbnb has Wi-Fi so I will be able to post while there and don't have to drive home early on the 6th so could post before we go if needed.  Her graduation ceremony is the 5th.  Just need to know your away dates again.

When we get home from that weekend we have three days to finish packing and preparing for our cruises.  And that includes a hair appointment and getting a rental car for the drive down to Fort Lauderdale on May 10.  I'd better get a lot done ahead of time. 😜

I should be able to post the daily as needed in that period as well.

Roy

• Like 11

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

@kazu, Jacqui, How are you feeling lately? I would imagine all the winter cleanup is hard to manage with pain.

thanks for asking, Terry.  There’s not a lot of winter clean up that can be done yet - everything is frozen.  Only branches from the storms.  I’m just doing the best I can with the pain and if it hurts too much, it has to wait.  I just hope there is something that will help when I get the X-Ray results on Wednesday 🤞 

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Today we are awaiting the delivery of a replacement hospital bed for Tana. Of course the present one stopped working late Saturday night in a terrible position. We used every extra pillow in both houses to keep the head elevated properly. Oh my.

Yikes!  Poor you trying to make Tana comfortable and poor her 😔. I hope the bed arrives quickly today 🤞 

Ann, @cat shepard thinking of you this week and hope things go a lot smoother this one 🤞 

37 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Off to mammogram this morning. 

Mammogram - ugh.  Best wishes for it!  I am glad your mood is a bit better this week.  

22 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

The young man who was watching Martina left me her collar and a plaster of paris paw print of her.  Tears flowed when I saw that!

Ahh - how very sweet and thoughtful of him.  ♥️.  I don’t think any of us who love our fur babies could help but have flowing tears finding those.  💔 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I usually don't have to act happy, as I'm normally a happy, upbeat person.  We do a lot of recycling - everything from kitchen composting to donations of clothing.  This year our city has decided to go with 3 different sizes of trash bins and we've put in a request for a medium sized one as our large bin is rarely even half full. On the other hand, our recycling and compost bins always have lots in them.  If the Goddess of Fertility shows up, I'm going to whack her with a frying pan and send her packing!

A little late to the party this morning; DH had a very restless night.  He was up and down like a jack in the box - trouble with his CPAP hose coming apart, needing a drink, needing to piddle, getting tangled up in the blankets.  As a result, I didn't sleep much either, so I'm thinking a nap is in my future for this afternoon.

It's bright and sunny out there this morning and it looks like we should have warm temps (+7) which will help the glaciers recede from the front and back yards.  Today is the only warm one we'll get this week, though, as the rest of days we're back to below 0, so we'll take what we can get.

@seagarsmoker how's your new job going?

@NickelpennyI'd have been in tears as well, but what a thoughtful thing for your young fellow to do for you.

We were in Ashdod - Jerusalem in 2009 with our family; I recall a very long day of touring and when we arrived at one religious site, our son asked "Where are we again?" to which my response was "Honey, I can't remember, but I know this rock is holy, just touch it and pray."  LOL

Another drink that would be one and done; I'm not sure I could walk straight after finishing it.  I'd like the wine, but oh my, not the price!  We do love pot roast, with both of us enjoying the carrots and celery, but that's what we grew up with, so it's comfort food for us.  We've got leftover chicken from last night's dinner and more asparagus that I'll put in the air fryer that we can enjoy with coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I usually don't have to act happy, as I'm normally a happy, upbeat person.  We do a lot of recycling - everything from kitchen composting to donations of clothing.  This year our city has decided to go with 3 different sizes of trash bins and we've put in a request for a medium sized one as our large bin is rarely even half full. On the other hand, our recycling and compost bins always have lots in them.  If the Goddess of Fertility shows up, I'm going to whack her with a frying pan and send her packing!

A little late to the party this morning; DH had a very restless night.  He was up and down like a jack in the box - trouble with his CPAP hose coming apart, needing a drink, needing to piddle, getting tangled up in the blankets.  As a result, I didn't sleep much either, so I'm thinking a nap is in my future for this afternoon.

It's bright and sunny out there this morning and it looks like we should have warm temps (+7) which will help the glaciers recede from the front and back yards.  Today is the only warm one we'll get this week, though, as the rest of days we're back to below 0, so we'll take what we can get.

@seagarsmoker how's your new job going?

@NickelpennyI'd have been in tears as well, but what a thoughtful thing for your young fellow to do for you.

We were in Ashdod - Jerusalem in 2009 with our family; I recall a very long day of touring and when we arrived at one religious site, our son asked "Where are we again?" to which my response was "Honey, I can't remember, but I know this rock is holy, just touch it and pray."  LOL

Another drink that would be one and done; I'm not sure I could walk straight after finishing it.  I'd like the wine, but oh my, not the price!  We do love pot roast, with both of us enjoying the carrots and celery, but that's what we grew up with, so it's comfort food for us.  We've got leftover chicken from last night's dinner and more asparagus that I'll put in the air fryer that we can enjoy with coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.  Cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

My new job is going pretty well. Thanks for asking. 🙂 

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

Good morning to all and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I guess I will try to be happy day by talking to myself!!  The pot roast sounds delicious but will pass on the drink and wine.  

Presently it is 42F and heading to low 70s.  Back to reality is hard as yesterday was a busy day after getting back home super late Saturday.  I am subbing all this week for the Jr High Resource English teacher who is on his National Guard duty.  We are discussing the Wizard of Oz - one of my favorites.  In going over my emails yesterday from the other school district I sub for, there was an email from a teacher on Feb 20th asking if I could sub for her as the students really like me as their sub.  It made me smile.

Thoughts for all and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a great day everyone!!

That was awesome that he did that. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Thanks Sandi - I leave on April 18th and back on May 5th.  I can do it at my hotel and on board even if necessary.  I hate to make you lug a laptop.

Just saw Roy’s offer so let’s see how this works out.

28 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yikes - that sounds rushy.  😱. I hope you can get some stuff done before going so you aren’t under pressure when you get back 🤞 

24 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I should be able to post the daily as needed in that period as well.

Roy

Thanks Roy.  If you’re sure it’s not too much trouble, I’d appreciate it. I don’t want to make Sandi lug a laptop with her.  If need be, I can do it when it’s too difficult for her but I would probably be late some days - especially if internet lets me down.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yikes!  Poor you trying to make Tana comfortable and poor her 😔. I hope the bed arrives quickly today 🤞 

And the film crew doesn't complicate the delivery too much.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks Sandi - I leave on April 18th and back on May 5th.  I can do it at my hotel and on board even if necessary.  I hate to make you lug a laptop.

Just saw Roy’s offer so let’s see how this works out.

Yikes - that sounds rushy.  😱. I hope you can get some stuff done before going so you aren’t under pressure when you get back 🤞 

Thanks Roy.  If you’re sure it’s not too much trouble, I’d appreciate it. I don’t want to make Sandi lug a laptop with her.  If need be, I can do it when it’s too difficult for her but I would probably be late some days - especially if internet lets me down.  

Jacqui, we plan on taking the laptop anyway so it's no problem at all.  I'll begin on April 18th and do through the 5th.  If you need help earlier than the 18th, or a day to get back to normal after the cruise, I can do the 6th too.  You shouldn't worry about posting during your trip at all.  Roy @rafinmd you can continue the fleet location maps if you don't mind.  You do it better with the ship names and all.  Thank you!

If I should run into any Wi-Fi problems it would be nice to have an email address for Roy or a cell number to text.  Roy, could you email me with some contact info at my screen name @ yahoo.com ?  I have Vanessa's email but hate to burden her with an extra chore.  Chances are all will work 100% perfect!  We want all our Dailyites to enjoy their cruises without worry.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

What a nice young man, he's so thoughtful.  I'd cry too. 

Hugs for you both.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I'd be happy with either pot roast or Roy's alternative, but dinner will probably be fish. I wouldn't enjoy the cocktail. For the wine, the 2019 Maximilien from Ravines. Cruise passengers don't visit Ashdod for its own sake; it's a transit point for Jerusalem, which is not all that near. I have some interesting photos of Jerusalem archaeological sites that most people never visit, but the pictures are pre-digital.

There may have been a little snow overnight, but it was gone by the time I was up. There could be a little late in the afternoon, not sticking, or overnight.

trafficlightsst.patrick.thumb.jpg.a4eaf82c3fd1eefb3b3be4699b9caf7e.jpg

• Like 13
  • Haha 14

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Jacqui, we plan on taking the laptop anyway so it's no problem at all.  I'll begin on April 18th and do through the 5th.  If you need help earlier than the 18th, or a day to get back to normal after the cruise, I can do the 6th too.  You shouldn't worry about posting during your trip at all.  Roy @rafinmd you can continue the fleet location maps if you don't mind.  You do it better with the ship names and all.  Thank you!

If I should run into any Wi-Fi problems it would be nice to have an email address for Roy or a cell number to text.  Roy, could you email me with some contact info at my screen name @ yahoo.com ?  I have Vanessa's email but hate to burden her with an extra chore.  Chances are all will work 100% perfect!  We want all our Dailyites to enjoy their cruises without worry.

Thanks very much Sandi 🙂 

I so appreciate it.  I’ll be fine with those dates, I’m sure.

Many, many thanks 🙂 

• Like 10

Posted (edited)

Good morning from a mostly sunny Quartzsite.  It was 43F when I got up about an hour ago, and is now 49F.  The predicted high is 73F with only a light wind.  I hope to be able to spray the ground clear this afternoon, and get that chore behind me.  Then this week, I can work on rearranging everything in the motorhome that I just put where ever I could when we were getting ready to head to Quartzsite last November.  We also need to add a couple more towel bars and a handle for one cabinet door that is difficult to open otherwise.

I hope I can stay happy and not have to act happy.  Recycling is very important, but it is not available here or in Texas.  The Town of Quartzsite used to provide a recycling bin, but a few years ago the company raised the rental price for the bin so much, the town could no longer afford to offer that service.  Ironically, there is a large recycling center between our development and town.  I'll let the Goddess of Fertility visit the younger generations.

I love the Franklin P. Jones quote.  I've always talked to myself, which is something DH does not understand, even though I've caught him talking to himself on occasion.

The pot roast sounds good, but not today.  I cook mine in the pressure cooker, and leave the roast whole not shredded.  I do add a lot of carrots, potatoes and onions to mine.  We'll pass on the drink, but would love the wine -- if someone else was buying.

We were in Ashdod for two days in 2017 on Prinsendam. We got an extra day there when our Egyptian port was canceled.

Three more interesting days in history that span several centuries.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, I think it is safe to take the wildfires in the Texas Panhandle off the care list.  The Smoke Creek Fire, the largest in Texas history, is now 100% contained.  It will take a long time for the area to recover though.  Farmers and ranches from around Texas and the country are helping those who's ranches burned.  Many are providing places for the livestock while others are sending loads of hay and feed.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm sorry the passengers were not allowed off the ship, and can understand the Captain being livid.  I'm glad those on the side excursion were allowed to leave.

@Denise T  Denise, I hope Chase's bandage can come off and that he is healing well.  I would not like the "cone of shame" either.

@cat shepard  Ann, I hope you can find a place nearby so Brayden can get his learner's permit.  How is your sister doing in rehab?

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry about Tana's bed, and I hope the new one is delivered soon.  Why do these things happen on the weekend?

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you get some answers and a way to ease the pain after you get the x-ray results on Wednesday.

@Nickelpenny  Pennie, that was a very nice thing the cat sitter did leaving Martina's collar and a pawprint for you.  The crying is very understandable.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm glad Tigger is settling into the family.

@ger_77  Gerry, I agree with your feelings about a visit from the Goddess of Fertility.  In my case, there would be a couple of ob-gyns who would be questioned.

@seagarsmoker  That is good news the new job is going pretty well.

432762780_7556710944352612_2614673282453772407_n.jpg.1daa31c01fa2469505c88e54c65c1103.jpg

432778141_436835792021601_5710788445599466609_n.thumb.jpg.4abca0f186b11257ec668561c8ad514a.jpg

433095259_8066846589998581_8920271654339646990_n.jpg.e191fd0688e7edbe1005d71bb681d1a2.jpg

433295600_1599533450781286_2478253468702472758_n.thumb.jpg.b491cdcdeb6743c6049ac56c75116924.jpg

433189725_10159339213311431_4108536367059734683_n.thumb.jpg.fc966c68de9ca70f8c51e9c6b425806d.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 15

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily and to all contributors.

I will try to act happy today. My recycling was collected this morning. I have no children, but hope that those who desire children are blessed with them. True quote. I like the meal, maybe for the drink and the wine is too expensive. I haven't been to Ashdod, and sadly may never get there. Interesting days in history.

It's cloudy, 32F, with snow flurries right now. I didn't sleep well, as I had a lot of leg pain. I got about 3-1/2 hours. My UK friends are leaving today, so BFF and I will pick them up around 12:30, when they have to check out of the hotel. We may go to a movie, then a meal, as they don't have to be at the airport until 7PM. I hope I can hold up. There's still an issue posting the Cares List from my iPad, so I have to go in and put back all the formatting. Hopefully with the next operating system update it will be fixed.

@aliaschief Your cruise sounds like quite the unpredictable adventure.

@StLouisCruisers My daylilies are coming up too. I thought of you last night when I saw Call the Midwife on my DVR and I had to watch it late last night. Thanks for the wonderful photos from Ashdod and your tour.

@smitty34877 Oh no about the hospital bed malfunction. I hope the new one arrives soon. Continued prayers for you, Tana and the family.

@RMLincoln Good news about your disposition too! I hope all is normal with your mammogram.

@Nickelpenny That was so thoughtful of the young man who watched Martina; I'm sure yesterday was hard. Hugs.

@ger_77 Sorry DH, and hence you, had a restless night.

@kazu I hope you get some answers on Wednesday.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 9

Posted (edited)

We were in Ashdod on the Prinsendam in 2017, and spent two days there since our call to Egypt was cancelled.  Our taxi driver from the day in Haifa, met us at the shuttle drop-off and we spent the day seeing Masada, and Jerusalem.  I hope I don't repeat many of the pictures @StLouisCruisers posted.

On our way to Masada, we stopped at an overlook for a view of the Judean Desert.  You can catch a glimpse of the Dead Sea in the upper right hand corner of the second picture.

DSC01806.thumb.JPG.88aeac987b20830a94cbeb082b8d494a.JPG

DSC01809.thumb.JPG.f6333695eda2138ae3afae5e6f20985d.JPG

Our next stop was Masada.  The picture shows people walking up the Snake Path.  We took the gondola up and down.

DSC01831.thumb.JPG.c81d00fffdd17a2ca0f6f3848b9314bf.JPG

A couple of views of Masada and the Dead Sea.

DSC01837.thumb.JPG.ebfc6c326defeff26afc2b53441caa64.JPG

DSC01844.thumb.JPG.0cc3688b302ab87174fd0a783dc2ac45.JPG

Jerusalem was not on the day's itinerary, but we were ready to leave Masada about noon, so DH talked our driver into taking us to Jerusalem also.  He was not happy as that meant driving through Palestinian territory.  Once in the walled city, he rushed us through there, hitting a few of the high spots including the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and the Western Wall.  I spent more time trying to keep up and watch my footing, so there aren't too many pictures of the different quarters.  Our driver and DH went to the wall, but I waited at the barrier overlooking the Wailing Wall so I could get a picture of them.  Just before they reached the wall, a man very rudely and loudly ordered me away.   I would like to go back one day, and have a little more time walking through the old city.

Jerusalem from the viewpoint above the cemetery.

DSC01880.thumb.JPG.d7f84cef9800a729e2197ea33e87f1f4.JPG

DSC01881.thumb.JPG.c5ef95735cc35f50d45db7333385ed3a.JPG

The street from the parking garage to the Jaffa Gate.

DSC01902.thumb.JPG.b0879871d2839a36160d1cffd410488d.JPG

Another view of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher which was very crowded.  The wait to enter the tomb was an hour which we didn't have to spare.

DSC01911.thumb.JPG.d527291b77b9a0f74d9bc4549a17ecc6.JPG

One of the many narrow streets.

DSC01905.thumb.JPG.0f91c15a5a4ebc737a528ecf70d75671.JPG

The Western Wall and the Old City

DSC01937.thumb.JPG.8480264f873eb253ac58ee3eb78327fd.JPG

On the way out of the Old City, our driver spotted the Israeli President's car and wanted DH to take his picture beside it.  I also got a picture of our driver and the car.

DSC01962.thumb.JPG.a59606e449678d62d9181c9a40a3667f.JPG

Just a couple of pictures of Jerusalem as we headed back to the Prinsendam.  The traffic was horrific that day as it was the opening of the Knesset.

DSC01967.thumb.JPG.b4cd1be247b1e755d6f4531283101a91.JPG

DSC01969.thumb.JPG.f51b931cc040fca95d07b34326be2184.JPG

I'll post the pictures of our second day in Ashdod separately.

Lenda

Split into two posts.
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 8

Posted (edited)
The second day we were docked in Ashdod, we talked about finding a taxi to take us to Bethlehem, but after two long days spent in a taxi, we decided against going.  Along with another couple, we found a taxi in in the port to take us to Jaffa and Tel Aviv.  If we're lucky enough to return to Ashdod, I want to find someone to take us to Bethlehem and Jerusalem for a slower walk in the Old City.

Jaffa is the ancient port for Jerusalem.  It is a town we really enjoyed.

DSC01971.thumb.JPG.f19858a335db4c34762df14520f6bef9.JPG

DSC01972.thumb.JPG.ae0d3fa4b1e5c15d5c4d93cf4824e601.JPG

DSC01973.thumb.JPG.7b8e9fab77cd443fcecca4edb2d83cb0.JPG

DSC01978.thumb.JPG.2424f9bfa610c360ebb2e31ee61f742d.JPG

Looking from Jaffa toward Tel Aviv.DSC01989.thumb.JPG.6cdcf262c93211692160867966f12e3f.JPG

Our driver dropped us off at seaside promenade in Tel Aviv.

DSC01994.thumb.JPG.9923a10ec2e0e9d3a407de1b196c2764.JPG

After a short time along the sea, our next stop was a mall in downtown Tel Aviv, and we had an hour or so to wander around.  I'll confess we spent most of our time in the mall where we shared a pizza.

DSC02004.thumb.JPG.f09cb7db7d59608d8b2cb62db1a1e9c9.JPG

DSC02002.thumb.JPG.d5aa77ff31e6c71ddc6a201354dc98f4.JPG

A couple of street scenes in Tel Aviv taken from the car as we headed back to the Prinsendam.

DSC02006.thumb.JPG.0c415805fd74530f4aa3ffb2f273622f.JPG

DSC02007.thumb.JPG.9111997c62bdc393e44e63242c92f2cc.JPG

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 7

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily and to all contributors.

I will try to act happy today. My recycling was collected this morning. I have no children, but hope that those who desire children are blessed with them. True quote. I like the meal, maybe for the drink and the wine is too expensive. I haven't been to Ashdod, and sadly may never get there. Interesting days in history.

It's cloudy, 32F, with snow flurries right now. I didn't sleep well, as I had a lot of leg pain. I got about 3-1/2 hours. My UK friends are leaving today, so BFF and I will pick them up around 12:30, when they have to check out of the hotel. We may go to a movie, then a meal, as they don't have to be at the airport until 7PM. I hope I can hold up. There's still an issue posting the Cares List from my iPad, so I have to go in and put back all the formatting. Hopefully with the next operating system update it will be fixed.

@aliaschief Your cruise sounds like quite the unpredictable adventure.

@StLouisCruisers My daylilies are coming up too. I thought of you last night when I saw Call the Midwife on my DVR and I had to watch it late last night. Thanks for the wonderful photos from Ashdod and your tour.

@smitty34877 Oh no about the hospital bed malfunction. I hope the new one arrives soon. Continued prayers for you, Tana and the family.

@RMLincoln Good news about your disposition too! I hope all is normal with your mammogram.

@Nickelpenny That was so thoughtful of the young man who watched Martina; I'm sure yesterday was hard. Hugs.

@ger_77 Sorry DH, and hence you, had a restless night.

@kazu I hope you get some answers on Wednesday.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm sorry you still have some sleeping problems caused by the leg pain.  They really need to find a fix for your nerve issue.  I'm glad you get a chance to see the UK friends and hope that sitting in the theater isn't too painful today.  This has really affected your every day existence and I'm sure you want your old life back.  I hope you can get the IPad working properly soon.

I guess I should leave those daylilies covered for a few nights due to freezing temperatures.  But last year they didn't get uncovered and most didn't even show up for the one week of blooming they normally do the first week of June.  Sigh.  I sure didn't choose them, that's for sure.

The strangest thing happened last night at 8:00.  I was sitting here with the TV on doing stitching I guess.  I looked up and saw a box on my screen saying Tune to Call the Midwife? or something to that effect.  Normally it doesn't do that - only when there are about 5 different programs/movies etc. programmed at the same time.  It can only handle so many shows at one time.  But there was only Call the Midwife and one other thing recording.  If it hadn't shown that box on the screen I wouldn't even have known it was recording it.  I immediately texted my twin and said Hey, Call the Midwife is on now! and she texted back in a split second saying Thanks!   Ha! Ha!  

One thing that put a smile on my face and made me happy on Act Happy Day is a text I got this morning from DGD Morgan.  She said only 1 week after moving in and she already feels such a dramatic difference in her overall happiness and how she lives her life.  She said she's so so thankful for being able to move. 🤍  Well, we're thankful that she's no longer anxious and unhappy.  Priceless!

• Like 23