Food, etc. in 'Diamond'Lounge or whatever it is has been renamed

I recently made  Diamond but I am confused as to  what is available and when in the formally known as Diamond Lounges and now renamed but not sure as to new name.

I will be on Liberty and  Odyssey  this year and curious as to what is available and when.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank  you.

Now known as Crown Lounge.   

In the morning they will serve Danish, Donuts, bagels, yogurt parfaits, fruits, toasts, cheeses, probably something I forgot,  juices, and regular/decaf, tea, or can use the specialty coffee maker all day into the night.

Happy hour serves some cold and hot hor d'oeuvres

There is generally a continental breakfast available in the morning. I only went once years ago so can’t comment on what was there or the hours. In the evening there are appetizers. On Odyssey in December there were generally 4 hot items such as egg rolls, chicken skewers, samosas, or shrimp. There was a selection of cheeses. Also some cold appetizers such as shrimp and other items on pieces of bread. There were chocolate covered strawberries every evening and also some small desserts. 

i was surprised to find out that there were also small sandwiches available throughout the day. I have never seen or heard about that before. Maybe it was because it was the Christmas week sailing. Or maybe it is unique to Odyssey. 

Just an FYI. Depending on the number of Diamond+ and Pinnacle on board for your sailing, Diamonds may not be allowed in during the evening happy hour times. It will state in the letter in your cabin when you board.

• Like 1

On the ships I have been on hey had  sandwich's, cookies and fruit placed out for lunch in addition to the continental breakfast  and happy hour selections mentioned.

1 hour ago, zebra36 said:

On the ships I have been on hey had  sandwich's, cookies and fruit placed out for lunch in addition to the continental breakfast  and happy hour selections mentioned.

That is exactly what we had on the last two cruises on Quantum and Ovation. 

21 hours ago, crzndeb said:

Just an FYI. Depending on the number of Diamond+ and Pinnacle on board for your sailing, Diamonds may not be allowed in during the evening happy hour times. It will state in the letter in your cabin when you board.

Yeah this is BS. Sorry but we put in the time/ money ect to finally make diamond and then they rake the perks away. I get pinnacle did too but they shouldn't take away from one to give to the next. It's like saying we really don't care about your loyalty. So what happens when they put a step above pinnacle? When we started out Diamond was the highest level. So will pinnacle care when they add another step and start taking perks away from them? 

20 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

Yeah this is BS. Sorry but we put in the time/ money ect to finally make diamond and then they rake the perks away. I get pinnacle did too but they shouldn't take away from one to give to the next. It's like saying we really don't care about your loyalty. So what happens when they put a step above pinnacle? When we started out Diamond was the highest level. So will pinnacle care when they add another step and start taking perks away from them? 

They already have taken things away from Pinnacles.  

22 hours ago, elizabethbp said:

I recently made  Diamond but I am confused as to  what is available and when in the formally known as Diamond Lounges and now renamed but not sure as to new name.

I will be on Liberty and  Odyssey  this year and curious as to what is available and when.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank  you.

The more important thing is that since it is no longer the Diamond Lounge, diamond members are not allowed in for afternoon happy hour times. You can peak in from the outside like gold and platinum members

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The more important thing is that since it is no longer the Diamond Lounge, diamond members are not allowed in for afternoon happy hour times. You can peak in from the outside like gold and platinum members

Not true. As pointed out above, the evening (not afternoon) happy hour is sometimes open to Diamond members and sometimes not, depending on numbers. We have seen it both ways since the switch. 

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

generally the best during the hours outside of the “happy hours”.  

Depends on why you go there. “Best” is subjective (like most things). It’s best for me in the early AM to get my morning cappuccino & pastries & during the evening happy hour to get some snacks before or after dinner.

You may find other times to be the “best” for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

It’s just so many people are reaching statuses they will need to dedicate half of the ship soon.

Technically we are putting our money and time because we want nice vacation aren’t we? Does anyone really go on cruise with RCI specifically to reach higher levels?

5 hours ago, Tatka said:

It’s just so many people are reaching statuses they will need to dedicate half of the ship soon.

Technically we are putting our money and time because we want nice vacation aren’t we? Does anyone really go on cruise with RCI specifically to reach higher levels?

Well it is why we stick with one line. We found one we liked and stayed to reach the point where we would get some extra perks. So yes some actually do. Especially those of us that can't afford to cruise often. Obtaining Diamond allows us to have some extra perks that save us a little money. Like the free drinks. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, toxicfairy said:

Well it is why we stick with one line. We found one we liked and stayed to reach the point where we would get some extra perks. So yes some actually do. Especially those of us that can't afford to cruise often. Obtaining Diamond allows us to have some extra perks that save us a little money. Like the free drinks. 

Sounds like you’re doing both. You enjoyed Royal from the start and the perks just add to the enjoyment so of course you stick with them.

Thats how I feel about our situation. We wouldn’t have continued with RC if we didn’t enjoy our cruises so much but gaining additional perks will only make us enjoy our cruises that much more. We just turned D+ last week and of course I was looking forward to it. Can’t wait to use some of our new perks this summer!

• Like 2

I wouldnt  find it too much of an inconvenience if i werent allowed into the Crown lounge 

during happy hour . 

I only want a couple of expressos during the day and happy hour isnt the time of day that i want one , so no problem for me.

I use my diamond drink vouchers at other locations. 

Unless you use it as a meeting place with others , I dont see the appeal of the lounge now that you have to use your vouchers if you want a drink.

• Like 2

I suspect that someday, not too far away, there will be some changed to the loyalty program.

Crazy that every level is lifetime.  Crazy that I can start living with someone and be D+ on my first cruise and be D+ for the rest of my life.  Crazy that someone can make P in low cost interiors spending a fraction of what a D paid for in suite fares.

Interesting, taking my first Carnival cruise (due to friend and a KILLER deal).  It seems they are about to announce changes to their loyalty program.  It may require that you sail every so often to maintain status.  Funny, other changes will make it similar to RCI program (like drink vouchers).

But it seems their levels are easier to meet so at times have had over half the ship be the top two levels.  Their Diamond (highest) is only 200 nights.  Platinum (second highest) starts at 75. 

21 minutes ago, loman said:

I dont see the appeal of the lounge now that you have to use your vouchers if you want a drink.

Some of us like the happy hour snacks.

• Like 5

We go to the Crown Lounge for the free lattes in the morning.  I am curious if the pastries include lox, bagels and cream cheese.  We hope to avoid Windjammer on our Allure cruise and my DH wants his schmear fix, lol! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Sounds like you’re doing both. You enjoyed Royal from the start and the perks just add to the enjoyment so of course you stick with them.

Thats how I feel about our situation. We wouldn’t have continued with RC if we didn’t enjoy our cruises so much but gaining additional perks will only make us enjoy our cruises that much more. We just turned D+ last week and of course I was looking forward to it. Can’t wait to use some of our new perks this summer!

Congrats my friend...on turning D+!   🙂   Woohoo...5 drinks a day per person now!  😄 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saturngrl said:

We go to the Crown Lounge for the free lattes in the morning.  I am curious if the pastries include lox, bagels and cream cheese.  We hope to avoid Windjammer on our Allure cruise and my DH wants his schmear fix, lol! 

Almost always...enjoy.  🙂 

11 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

Allure even still had untoasted bagels and a toaster when I was on her in October to make them hot and to your desired level of done-ness.

That said, Park Cafe is also a good spot to get lox and bagels (and other toppings if you desire).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SRF said:

I suspect that someday, not too far away, there will be some changed to the loyalty program.

Crazy that every level is lifetime.  Crazy that I can start living with someone and be D+ on my first cruise and be D+ for the rest of my life.  Crazy that someone can make P in low cost interiors spending a fraction of what a D paid for in suite fares.

Interesting, taking my first Carnival cruise (due to friend and a KILLER deal).  It seems they are about to announce changes to their loyalty program.  It may require that you sail every so often to maintain status.  Funny, other changes will make it similar to RCI program (like drink vouchers).

But it seems their levels are easier to meet so at times have had over half the ship be the top two levels.  Their Diamond (highest) is only 200 nights.  Platinum (second highest) starts at 75. 

You do realize that to reach P cruising in regular accommodations you need to spend many more nights cruising (o horror!) ? Twice as many. And in a process they spend money aside from cruisefare.  Also real suites which cost way more than regular accommodations have many more perks from the beginning than D. 

Is every level a lifetime? Hardly. Maybe between D+ and P.

But … this conversation tells me some people really like cruising. 

Edited by Tatka