Free upgrade.......wow!!!!!

finoky

We are sailing our first Celebrity cruise next weekend on the Reflection. Have sailed 25 cruises with other lines mainly Carnival. Well, we had originally booked an inside on deck 3 with the all-included back when you got the tips as well for $1600. Today I got an email from Celebrity with new documents and luggage tags that has us in a balcony on deck 6. For free! I didn't bid or call or anything. Our original cabin wasn't an HC cabin. Just a regular inside for 2 people. I am overjoyed!!

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, finoky said:

We are sailing our first Celebrity cruise next weekend on the Reflection. Have sailed 25 cruises with other lines mainly Carnival. Well, we had originally booked an inside on deck 3 with the all-included back when you got the tips as well for $1600. Today I got an email from Celebrity with new documents and luggage tags that has us in a balcony on deck 6. For free! I didn't bid or call or anything. Our original cabin wasn't an HC cabin. Just a regular inside for 2 people. I am overjoyed!!

This happened frequently during covid with interior rooms as entire hallways of rooms were reserved for covid quarantine. I'm not saying that's happening on your cruise, but it's possible they have a bug going around and need to keep those rooms open for guest/crew quarantine. Something to keep in mind

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations, we got free upgrade to suite but that was a long time ago.

Hi George! Hope you both are well! We are heading on the Reflection on 4/13 🙂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, desiro said:

Hi George! Hope you both are well! We are heading on the Reflection on 4/13 🙂 

We just did our 6th rock and romance music charter on summit in royal suite not as nice as penthouse but pretty nice , enjoy Refection I have wanted to sail S class again . Hopefully we will meet again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

but it's possible they have a bug going around and need to keep those rooms open for guest/crew quarantine. Something to keep in mind

They don't move guests to quarantine anymore.

• Like 1

That's great!  Same thing happened to us a few years ago.  We were upgraded at the last minute from an inside to an Aqua suite.  It was an itinerary that included ports in Israel.  I think because they had lots of church groups who likely didn't want to be separated.  So I'm guessing they moved some of the "independents" around to accommodate them.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2024 at 9:58 AM, finoky said:

Congratulations! Maybe there is a family who needed an inside across from a veranda? At any rate, lucky you! Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 10:39 AM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

This happened frequently during covid with interior rooms as entire hallways of rooms were reserved for covid quarantine. I'm not saying that's happening on your cruise, but it's possible they have a bug going around and need to keep those rooms open for guest/crew quarantine. Something to keep in mind

Exactly.

We have had two Celebrity cruises after Covid where we booked an interior  or oceanview cabin on a low passenger deck.

Both times our cabin was reassigned because the cabin was taken to be available for quarantine purposes.

• Like 1

All I can say is congratulations and enjoy it.  It definitely will never happen again unless for some reason they need your cabin at the last minute which is extremely rare.  That could have been the case here, or it might be because you are a first time cruiser and they are trying to entice you into better cabins.  They used to do that years ago to first timers.  But enough of the negative side - you will love Celebrity!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We got back Saturday from the cruise. Our original cabin was 3148 and our friends were across the hall in 3150. They said they saw a mom and daughter come out of our original cabin. Our free upgraded cabin was 6171. The obstruction from the lifeboat was not bad and we were extremely pleased. Had zero issue with smoke from deck 5 below us. Thank you Celebrity!

• Like 4

So happy for you! Enjoy your cruise.

Our original cabin wasn't an HC cabin. Just a regular inside for 2 people.

Congrats! 

Sorry, but what is an HC cabin?

I hope you enjoyed your first time on Celebrity.