On Radiance ... all ports cancelled due to issues with propulsion system

20 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i wonder why dont let people stay onboard as a floating hotel like. getting last minute flights back home and hotels will be expensive. is royal helping with that? if you have travel insurance, this is something they will cover?

There must be a reason. I think we’d prefer to just stay on board even if we were trapped there, then leave.  Most wouldn’t do this though.  The food is already there and most of the entertainment.  This happened with Brilliance too.  Everyone had to debark.  The crew spent the time cleaning and getting some down time. Those on back to backs still had to leave the ship and find somewhere to stay for 2 weeks or go home early.  It certainly would be less expensive to stay on board then get hotel rooms in Vancouver. 

Trip interruption on your travel insurance should cover it but what a hassle. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, IrishWhisperer said:

We have just been told the cruise is cancelled. We disembark tomorrow.

Oh man that sux...I was hoping they would be able to fix the issue and at least have somewhat of a cruise. Well now to see what happens over the next few weeks as I will be in Vancouver on May 16th for hopefully a cruise.

Famous last words......"I'll have it fixed in no time".     I feel bad for everyone who traveled so far only to be let down.  Last minute flights home are not cheap.   

• Like 3

I'm  also on this non cruise and yes it sucks. We have been on board since  LA. .  We just spent 3 hours on the phone trying to exchange our tickets to no avail .  Had to make new reservations  and lost almost 700.00 one way airfare.  Also  we were lucky enough to snag a hotel close to the airport so we will fly back to LAX on Monday morning.  Lucky for us my daughter is a flight attendant and she flys in on Monday also so got my ride home.

The other bummer I  changed rooms between cruises si now I'll be packing again for the 3rd time in 7 days yuck.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IrishWhisperer said:

We have just been told the cruise is cancelled. We disembark tomorrow.

In any case. Enjoy your new Alaska sailing! Definitely lemonade out of lemons. That was a great plan. ☺️

29 minutes ago, Coralc said:

In any case. Enjoy your new Alaska sailing! Definitely lemonade out of lemons. That was a great plan. ☺️

Yes, can’t wait for quantum now! Home tomorrow to pack the things we forgot before heading back to port on Monday !

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, IrishWhisperer said:

Yes, can’t wait for quantum now! Home tomorrow to pack the things we forgot before heading back to port on Monday !

Pretty unusual isn't it to start in Vancouver and end in Seattle isn't it?

14 hours ago, IrishWhisperer said:

Overnight they repositioned us, we are in a shipyard in North Vancouver now, close to the ironworkers memorial bridge.

Not surprised - others ships probably needed the dock.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Pretty unusual isn't it to start in Vancouver and end in Seattle isn't it?

The only way to satisfy PVSA - that has been the norm for Q class ships for Alaska season (start/end in a foreign port before heading from/to Australia via Hawaii). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnnyPro44 said:

On the ship right now we have to get off tomorrow one of the staff said it could be a month next cruise may 3 she said will be canceled don’t know if it’s been confirmed 

If this is true about a month before next sailing, one would hope that Royal would let those passengers know ahead of time instead of letting them travel to the port to tel them there isn't a cruise they knew about a month ago was not going to sail.

• Like 7

I agree 100 percent they emailed us on Tuesday before are Friday departure told us there was a problem said they would update us Thursday and then said they would update us Friday morning never did we got on then told us we weren’t leaving until Sunday at 4 it sucked because most bars were closed nothing really to do staff were saying they should have canceled us before we got on then Saturday afternoon they canceled it’s the same issue as last year is what I was told 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Bleueyes44 said:

I'm  also on this non cruise and yes it sucks. We have been on board since  LA. .  We just spent 3 hours on the phone trying to exchange our tickets to no avail .  Had to make new reservations  and lost almost 700.00 one way airfare.  Also  we were lucky enough to snag a hotel close to the airport so we will fly back to LAX on Monday morning.  Lucky for us my daughter is a flight attendant and she flys in on Monday also so got my ride home.

The other bummer I  changed rooms between cruises si now I'll be packing again for the 3rd time in 7 days yuck.

The $250 offered by Royal is not sufficient and pretty cheap on their part.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyPro44 said:

I agree 100 percent they emailed us on Tuesday before are Friday departure told us there was a problem said they would update us Thursday and then said they would update us Friday morning never did we got on then told us we weren’t leaving until Sunday at 4 it sucked because most bars were closed nothing really to do staff were saying they should have canceled us before we got on then Saturday afternoon they canceled it’s the same issue as last year is what I was told 

I'm so sorry for all of you.  What a nightmare.  We board in September for the 6b land tour.  I would be so disappointed as I love Alaska.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cruisefanatic71 said:

one would hope that Royal would let those passengers know ahead of time instead of letting them travel to the port to tel them there isn't a cruise they knew about a month ago was not going to sail.

They really need to take a page from Carnival on this one. When the Panorama was out of service in December and needed an azipod fixed, they preemptively cancelled almost a month and a half of sailings and gave FCC so we could make alternate plans.

• Like 3

Well I'm  sitting in the Windjammer just finished breakfast,  they are letting us stay on board till 4 pm.  This works out great cause we can't  check onto our hotel till 3 pm.  So we will have a late lunch then we are good to go. I  must say they are bending over backwards to accommodate everyone.  

Well almost time for this adventure to end and I  will never board the Radiance  again.  But I  am already looking for Alaska cruise  on Ovation in Sept.we'll see.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnnyPro44 said:

An occasional comma or period would help those of us trying to read this.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

An occasional comma or period would help those of us trying to read this.

I had chat GPT add punctuation for this user to make it easier to read for us 🙂 

@JohnnyPro44

"I agree 100 percent. They emailed us on Tuesday before our Friday departure, told us there was a problem, said they would update us Thursday, and then said they would update us Friday morning. They never did. We got on, then they told us we weren’t leaving until Sunday at 4. It sucked because most bars were closed and there was nothing really to do. Staff were saying they should have canceled us before we got on. Then, Saturday afternoon, they canceled. "It’s the same issue as last year," is what I was told."

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, IrishWhisperer said:

And hopefully Quantum has been all fixed as well. We were on the crossing from Brisbane to Honolulu and we lost one of the engines. Limped our way to Papeete where a new engine pump had been flown in and was ready and waiting and then we went on to Honolulu. You would assume all was fixed as the ship has continued on and will hopefully be good for you all for the rest of the season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest from the always factual internet:

😉

All passengers will not only receive a full refund but will receive a full future cruise credit to sail on Royal Caribbean. The cruise line also made its Wi-Fi free of charge to help passengers better navigate the disembarkation. Other complementary features include an open bar until the ship officially disembarked as well as reimbursement for airline change fees.

Royal Caribbean Forced to Cancel Alaska Sailing With Guests Already Onboard (msn.com)

• Like 1