LIVE Norwaylady & The Queen is coming to Infinity 6-16.5.24

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from Norwaylady! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

Norwaylady was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

A very good morning ladies and gentlemen! 

It’s time to roll out the red carpet and get ready for the Queen’s arrival on Infinity💃🏻 

The Queen has counted down since Christmas and are on the edge of ready to go on a new adventure on X🤩 

Me on the other hand is rolling out the “glava” carpet😝 ( you know I was going straight home from Equinox to fix and renovate my house🤪) 

0210B778-6DA3-4AE0-B265-A86B4B8DC19E.thumb.jpeg.0b0af2320ad0c4455c0ae1348b08350a.jpeg

Let’s just say I need this holiday! 

I have worked for full speed, the usual work and a full time position as a professional renovation worker. 

I have demolished, painted walls, carried heavy out and in materials and all the usual household duties💪🏻🐜💪🏻😮‍💨💃🏻 

IMG_3601.thumb.jpeg.93b4e6c7a5c3e9e34e170d9e0b3a676d.jpeg

IMG_3577.thumb.jpeg.aa34863dedaa713c5438b3ed72cd262b.jpeg

So this lady has not had any spare time to spend in her sofa😂😂🤪 

Even our contractor has said, you work so hard to keep up the speed of work and you are really kicking it💪🏻🐜💪🏻( to keep the budget and get everything done, we need to do major things by ourselves. Demolish, painting and cleaning up things to the garbage disposal is doable😅)

IMG_3559.thumb.jpeg.65032f1eeb024bd5b1a15abf5fcdf840.jpeg

IMG_3523.thumb.jpeg.845e0cb69cb730211c96f594d4b1b46f.jpeg

IMG_3505.thumb.jpeg.489916374892c8859d6158e247c8e964.jpeg 

The Queen on the other hand has been able too get a manicure and a haircut before departure😁 

IMG_4328.thumb.jpeg.fab298bb0692d3e58977b23b6a8fa1a3.jpeg

IMG_4327.thumb.jpeg.c0c86d9d39839683215da8369e77630e.jpeg

We are getting there…. The house is all “closed” new isolation is inside the walls, the attic has new and lots more isolation, all windows are installed and the inside interior is freshly painted and the new wooden frames are installed and everything is cleaned up. The electrician will visit when I’m away, so the new cables to the sunscreens will be installed and the old electrical panel will have a little update. 

Now we are waiting for our new countertops to arrive and the new kitchen floor inside the house. 

Outside we are waiting for the delivery of our new wooden walls and the New roofing. 

Due to delayed delivery, it will not arrive until I’m back. 

So I will have a little bit more to do when I’m returning😅 (I was hoping for the best😆 so Mr could have some fun😂😂😂) 

What I can say, it’s going well and in the end when everything is done, it will be a great home 🏡🥰

The heating needs will be more energy efficient and the heat will stay inside the house🥰 (no more icing on the windows and better living comfort😇😍) 

• Like 26

So back to infinity! 

We booked this cruise last year as an onboard booking during our last adventure🥰 Some OBC was given to us, 150$. 

We booked it as ALL inclusive, CALL, basic WiFi and tips. 

The Queen was all good to go️ in near future😅 

We have a balcony on deck 7. 

I have received several emails regarding MoveUp bidding. 

My wallet has been closed. (You see I’m spending them on my renovation project… So to high startup prices to even consider it😜) 

We will probably be all good in our balcony cabin🥰 

I booked air tickets on SAS. Got a great deal. Paid only 2500NOK for the two of us round trip in SAS Plus. So a steal of a deal🤩 (you know I like it) 

We will spend one night in Athens on Athens Center Square Hotel. 

Nothing fancy, but it looks okay and the reviews were good. 

Price for a double room, acropolis view and breakfast was 1000NOK. 

Since I’m bringing the Queen, it’s a little bit more car/taxi driving then the usual way of getting around😜🚕

To the peace and calm of the day I have booked a private shuttle from the airport to the hotel. And from the hotel to the port. 

I have booked by Welcome Pickups. 

Athens airport to our hotel was €53. 

Hotel to port was 33€. 

We will see how this is working🤔🤗🤭 

We have booked one excursion in Santorini. Pyrgos village. (Something tells me that I will be the professional in-line queue princess again🫡🤪😅) 

The OBC paid for this excursion. It was on the black weekend sale. So a good deal for us. 

The only new port of call for me was Volos. 

The Queen was 🤩🤩🤩 for overnight in Istanbul. She loves it there🥰 That’s why she wanted to go on this sailing. 

The Queen has not visited Rhodos and Kusadasi before. 

Yesterday evening I received an email from X. 

They have changed the itinerary. 

Volos is out and Thessaloniki is in🙃

I have just waited for this…. Since the last cruises have dropped Volos. 

New time schedule: 

IMG_3615.thumb.jpeg.b5c29c2cd708646d8345508cf727358f.jpeg

• Like 16

Maybe it’s time to start packing for my trip???? 

I need to print and prepare the luggage tags and the other things that are missing in my travel portfolio. 

And throw some clothes in my suitcase ( technically Mr’s suitcase😝 I have not received my order yet after SK/UA crushed my pink suitcase 🧳🤪 it was not in store)  

On the positive side! 

Suddenly my X app had the correct number of my captains club points😅🥳 Thank you Frazier (or who ever shoreside) who made this happen and get it corrected! 🩷🩷 

It’s been a long process and a little bit frustrating. 

No it’s all correct and I’m very satisfied 😊 

Our flight leaves at 13.00 from OSL. 

So no red eye or early morning stress. 

Mr will drive me to the airport and fingers crossed for a uneventful flight ✈️😇✈️

The Queen hates flying…. 

• Like 18

glad your reno has gone well so far.

looking forward to the blog .. we have been to many of the ports but a few will be new and exciting for us to read about  esp from your upbeat and happy perspective

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to your posts.

Pls comment on Welcome Pickup. Have booked them for our summer trip. 
Enjoy the time with your mum. Wish I still had mines to travel with.

• Like 2

Hi Norway Lady

looking forward to your review I see that you are using Welcome Taxis, we used them in Istanbul last October. They were terrific. 
Have a great trip 👍😎

• Thanks 1

Looking forward to your review - I hope the Queen enjoys it too!

That’s some renovation you’re doing - it looks like you are completely rebuilding the house!! 😨 I can see why you need a holiday. 🥰

• Thanks 1

Hi @Norwaylady and a big WHEW on your behalf!  I know how tiresome home reno work is and also know how much sweeter it will make your journey with your DM.  I, too and looking forward to taking my DM on a Reflection cruise in July.  Mother-daughter time is so special.  Thank you for taking us along on another of your journeys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m so looking forward to reading your review as it’s a great itinerary. I’ve been through renovations as well and it can be very stressful so this cruise is exactly what you need. Enjoy your time with your Mom.

• Thanks 1

Happy the new trip with the Queen has started.  Have followed your Lives for a long time, but almost always just as a lurker.

Have a computer game of European sliding puzzle pics.  Always say "that's where norwaylady lives" when Norway shows up. 😁

• Thanks 1

Jumping on Board this Live! 

Always enjoy following @Norwaylady, can’t wait to read the on-goings of the Queen!  

We loved our Mediterranean/Greece cruise, Never made Istanbul, we stopped in Ephesus which was great! 

Safe travels!

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

What can I say...so excited for another adventure with you and the queen.  By the way, I love the expression that your wallet is closed.  My DH said you are a very intelligent woman, not to mention a very sweet daughter!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

So back to infinity! 

We booked this cruise last year as an onboard booking during our last adventure🥰 Some OBC was given to us, 150$. 

We booked it as ALL inclusive, CALL, basic WiFi and tips. 

The Queen was all good to go️ in near future😅 

We have a balcony on deck 7. 

I have received several emails regarding MoveUp bidding. 

My wallet has been closed. (You see I’m spending them on my renovation project… So to high startup prices to even consider it😜) 

We will probably be all good in our balcony cabin🥰 

I booked air tickets on SAS. Got a great deal. Paid only 2500NOK for the two of us round trip in SAS Plus. So a steal of a deal🤩 (you know I like it) 

We will spend one night in Athens on Athens Center Square Hotel. 

Nothing fancy, but it looks okay and the reviews were good. 

Price for a double room, acropolis view and breakfast was 1000NOK. 

Since I’m bringing the Queen, it’s a little bit more car/taxi driving then the usual way of getting around😜🚕

To the peace and calm of the day I have booked a private shuttle from the airport to the hotel. And from the hotel to the port. 

I have booked by Welcome Pickups. 

Athens airport to our hotel was €53. 

Hotel to port was 33€. 

We will see how this is working🤔🤗🤭 

We have booked one excursion in Santorini. Pyrgos village. (Something tells me that I will be the professional in-line queue princess again🫡🤪😅) 

The OBC paid for this excursion. It was on the black weekend sale. So a good deal for us. 

The only new port of call for me was Volos. 

The Queen was 🤩🤩🤩 for overnight in Istanbul. She loves it there🥰 That’s why she wanted to go on this sailing. 

The Queen has not visited Rhodos and Kusadasi before. 

Yesterday evening I received an email from X. 

They have changed the itinerary. 

Volos is out and Thessaloniki is in🙃

I have just waited for this…. Since the last cruises have dropped Volos. 

New time schedule: 

IMG_3615.thumb.jpeg.b5c29c2cd708646d8345508cf727358f.jpeg

Love your reviews...and am anxiously following since we booked this cruise for September 2025

• Like 1

So my day has gone pretty well…. 

It’s 19.50 and I managed to print AND prepare the luggage 🧳 tags 🏷️🥳

IMG_3619.thumb.jpeg.16e73d7dae98716fb36eae977a0e43b1.jpeg

Yep, busy day💪🏻🐜💪🏻🐜💪🏻🐜

Had to do a tour’D construction stores to pick up things the house needed for the renovation project. (Mr was home working on the attic😜) 

And I have to make sure his occupied while I’m away😆❤️😂🐜

So he has a list:

-put up the blinds on the ocean side in the living room 

-change 2 lamps on the 1 floor 

-talk to the ventilation company and have them on a guided tour of the house. So we can plan for the inside renovation. 
-take a tour to the garbage disposal area to make a donation of the trash from the construction site. 
-prepare the ceiling by the entrance door for painting (this means wash and scrap off old paint) 

-get a new outdoor lamp by the entrance

So perhaps it’s time to actually start packing🤭🤪😅🤔🥳😆

(The Queen was finished packing last week😝 Who said this lady didn’t suffer from travel fever 🤒🤭😜) 

Anyway, if you want to follow my journey to here and there🧳🗺️🏖️🚗 I have a instagram account: 

https://www.instagram.com/al_be_ra_bo?igsh=bWR3NWkzZW52eXNt&utm_source=qr

It’s in private settings, so just send me a message🩷👍🏻 

• Like 11

So happy to follow another Norwaylady cruise.  That is a nice cruise. Love Istanbul and Ephesus. Plan on a mother/daughter cruise next year.  Should be fun too.  Your house project sounded exhausting.  Good time for a time off.  Glad you left some stuff for Mr to do. Take care and have a great cruise.  

• Like 1

Ohh, this is great! I love your reviews and are really looking forward to this one as I will be on Infinity on June 15 and have also booked the tour to Pyrgos in Santorini. I too am doing home renovations so are looking forward to some sun and relaxation. Hope you both have a wonderful cruise! 🛳️

• Thanks 1