Invisible Bed Bugs?!

Yes, most are just fan clubs and will not stand for anything negative, that can also happen on some of the cruise critic threads for the actual cruise lines or ships.

• Like 6

Weighing in here.....Corinne I think you'll find that the vast majority of poster on this thread are decent people just voicing an option and sometimes that will be an alternate opinion,  I believe that nobody means to offend or hurt you.  Nevertheless, that is the outcome and you have my apologies if I'm in that group.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Corinne288 said:

Thank you for the support.

Please be sure to look at current affair tonight I believe they are airing other stories. Not mine, as I refuse to put myself out there again to be attacked. No one deserves that response. 

Thanks again 

Not to be a downer but recently The Carnival Corporation which owns P&O has paid ACA for quite a few editorial segments that have been screening lately. I will be surprised if they go hard on this issue🙄

• Like 3

@Corinne288 I'm so sorry this happened to you & also from the backlash you received from the P&O fan clubs on that other site. Those groupies can't stand anything negative being said about P&O.

I have a fear of creepy crawlies in general.  Do you or anyone else have any ideas how you could try & avoid picking them up or getting attacked by them?

I cruise in July with P&O out of Brisbane. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

@Corinne288  if you’re not in the Princess or P&O fraternity here on this forum  ,you’re flogging a dead horse .

Royal Caribbean doesn’t have bed bugs,they have clean cabins,free pizza and bummer cars ,what else would your want.

Edited by Chiliburn

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

@Corinne288  if you’re not in the Princess or P&O fraternity here on this forum  ,you’re flogging a dead horse .

Royal Caribbean doesn’t have bed bugs,they have clean cabins,free pizza and bummer cars ,what else would your want.

I am still trying to work out if you're being serious or if this is your humour type 🤔🤣

No one in this topic has been acting like dead horses but I do agree if you meant the other mentioned "fan forums" 

Anywho hope you all have a great weekend!! 

Edited by Mycruiseobsession
Typos
  • Like 1

Yes this is a horrific watch.  it isn't me but it backs everything I just said. This lady reached out to me tonight and she was on in April. One month before me and on a different deck. Disgusting 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

The bedbugs can't afford to cruise on Royal at present. No pizza is free - It is included as part of your fare or it isn't. 

• Haha 1

and yet despite video evidence of it, people still claim she is a liar and looking for fame haha.

What a world we live in. The internet should be taken off us haha. Most people  lose their minds on it 😆😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WOW!!!! I saw the title and have read through every post on the thread. Corinne that experience truly SUCKS - and NO, THAT IS NOT A PUN. Absolutely terrible experience to go through.

Welcome to CC, in general I think you'll find most of the people here are good, well-meaning folks. There are of course "some" not so much, just try to avoid them, I do. It's one of the reasons I'm not on any of those social sites. Some people (including myself) try sometime to "lighten" a conversation and sadly their comment is interpreted in a way very different than they intended, it happens. I'm confident the people here are NOT trying to be meanspirited. Actually, I believe they are very supportive of you, as I am.  

Of all of our cruises and travels we have not encountered any bedbugs - Thank God. I'm sure this issue has happened before with all cruise lines susceptible. I just want to believe it is not common or widespread. Thank You for posting. Not something we are consciously thinking of, but I think we all have to be aware. 

Life is short, Cruise/Travel more.   

John

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Absolutely John.  Thank you. Unfortunately I came across this hours after reading horrific comments over multiple forums. Then to read invisible bedbugs, and questioning if my bites were actually bedbugs... made me a little frustrated. The news article included I was diagnosed by medical so couldn't understand why it was even being discussed. However, I have appreciated the kindness and support on this post since. I was reactive as I was defending my  integrity that night.

I love cruising  I don't intend to stop.

Thank you for the support. 

• Like 8

Ugh, this makes me want to cancel my 3 day P&O in November. I'm so sorry you had that experience, Corinne. I just googled P&O bed bugs and there are stories from last year also, it seems to be an ongoing problem they are not fixing.

• Like 4

Absolutely tigerlily. That's why I decided to make it public. I got home and realised they are aware there is a problem. That was confirmed to me by medical but to see how bad some infestations were it made me sick. 

I wouldn't cancel. I genuinely hope we will be able to raise enough awareness that P&O need to respond and appropriately manage this. I just unfortunately don't have faith that they will.

Genuinely up until I realised what the bites were, I had a lovely time. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, arxcards said:

…No pizza is free - It is included as part of your fare or it isn't. 

Yes. I always say “included” rather than “free” be it pizza, dining options, icecream, lemonade, a show, (limited) room service…

34 minutes ago, Sparky74 said:

Yes. I always say “included” rather than “free” be it pizza, dining options, icecream, lemonade, a show, (limited) room service…

It really depends on the wording, free, included, available for no extra cost. Pizza on cruise ships can be good but it is rarely free as well.

Sorry you had that bad experience Corrine   I have never had this on a cruise but years ago 1959  we went to Switzerland and I was badly bitten by bedbugs there and the tour guide took me to a doctor as I had them near my eyes   They took forever to go away but I am very allergic to bites

Hope your skin has recovered but do not let it put you off cruising for ever  it offers great sites and places  (and people)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

Sorry you had that bad experience Corrine   I have never had this on a cruise but years ago 1959  we went to Switzerland and I was badly bitten by bedbugs there and the tour guide took me to a doctor as I had them near my eyes   They took forever to go away but I am very allergic to bites

Hope your skin has recovered but do not let it put you off cruising for ever  it offers great sites and places  (and people)

I hadn't heard of bed bugs on cruise ships.  However, we were badly bitten in accommodation overlooking the Mediterranean.  We were travelling with a friend's mother from Rome.  When the owners discovered we were foreign, they tried to cancel our booking.  However, We insisted they honour our booking.  Not a smart move, because I suspect they knew about the bed bugs.  Our friend from Rome's room had no bed bugs.  I was told to always check the mattress protector, which will have blood spots, if there are bed bugs. 

• Like 3