Labadee Status - Celebrity has cancelled all port calls until at least April 2025. Any emails from RC this far out?

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Changes like that are likely caused by something other than the security situation.

The email I received specifically stated “we  have decided to cancel our scheduled stop in Labadee, Haiti due to the current situation in the region”. The email also stated “the safety and well-being of our guests is our top priority”. Not sure how you can say that isn’t caused by the security situation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If this actually happens, what has improved in Haiti that RCI feels it is now ok to go back?

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I find it hard to believe RCI would go to Labadee in October, when they have already changed the itinerary for a cruise I am going on next March (Labadee was replaced by Puerto Plata). 

I obviously have no idea what RCL will actually do, given that over the past 14 years (and more than 100 cruises) sailing on the line they have never demonstrated that they have a clue what they are doing from cruise to cruise. We just board a ship when we are scheduled, enjoy ourselves no matter where they go or how they get there, and get off the ship when our cruise ends (usually 2-3 weeks later). 

If they go to Labadee, great. If they don't, we will enjoy wherever they decide to park the ship.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

If this actually happens, what has improved in Haiti that RCI feels it is now ok to go back?

It is that the area around labadee has remained stable through all of this.  It was only cancelled because of public perception which at the outstart was fine as there were a lot of unknowns if it would spread.  Those fears have lessened.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 5:46 PM, island lady said:

Yup....that was the one!  Loved the bakery with the meat pastries.  😋

Tastees Patties! Have not had a Tastee Jamaican Beef patty for a few years. Will not b back to Jamaica until Jan next year on MSC.  Seems like all our RCL cruises do not stop in Jamaica this year.

We are still scheduled to stop in Labade on 11/16.  Will see if that happens.

Edited by frank808

3 hours ago, frank808 said:

Tastees Patties! Have not had a Tastee Jamaican Beef patty for a few years. Will not b back to Jamaica until Jan next year on MSC.  Seems like all our RCL cruises do not stop in Jamaica this year.

We are still scheduled to stop in Labade on 11/16.  Will see if that happens.

Hi Frank!  Hopefully someday we will finally get to sail with the two of you!  🙂

We are on Enchantment out of Tampa this October on the 26th.  We indeed stop in Falmouth, and are happy to do so, since we have not been there in quite some time.  Also the Caymans, same thing.  🥰

So confused about all of this...My August 9, 2025 cruise was changed. We were scheduled to visit Puerto Plata DR. Now its changed to Labadee. My letter says the ship (ICON) isnt allowed to dock there. I keep reading Labadee visits are being cancelled for Puerto Plata stops...WHAT GIVES?????😶

2 hours ago, kdnurs said:

So confused about all of this...My August 9, 2025 cruise was changed. We were scheduled to visit Puerto Plata DR. Now its changed to Labadee. My letter says the ship (ICON) isnt allowed to dock there. I keep reading Labadee visits are being cancelled for Puerto Plata stops...WHAT GIVES?????😶

your not the only one, there is another topic about that:

it seems like the icon is too big for the narrow channel at puerto plata 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 3:25 AM, island lady said:

We did an excellent walking history/food tour there with a local tour company.  It was fantastic!  🙂 

On 8/17/2024 at 9:53 PM, TinkBellaMom said:

We did the same!  Lovely guide, great food and then back to the tour company owners home for punch and traditional desserts.  We sat in a courtyard within view of our ship. One of our favorite excursions.

On 8/17/2024 at 11:46 PM, island lady said:

Yup....that was the one!  Loved the bakery with the meat pastries.  😋

Could you share the name, or link, for the tour company you used?

21 hours ago, island lady said:

Hi Frank!  Hopefully someday we will finally get to sail with the two of you!  🙂

We are on Enchantment out of Tampa this October on the 26th.  We indeed stop in Falmouth, and are happy to do so, since we have not been there in quite some time.  Also the Caymans, same thing.  🥰

We will cross paths soon for sure.  This will be our first RCL cruise this year when we board explorer in Barcelona for the TA and then stay on for B3B southern Caribbean Nov 2 to Dec 15 2025. Have had 5 cruises this year with MSC and we will be sailing MSC from Frankfurt in Oct. before boarding explorer 3 weeks later. 

I have read a lot of loyal royals have been branching out to other cruise lines. Will be booking on our explorer cruise for sailings from Jan-March 2025 from either Miami or Ft Lauderdale. It will be whichever ship does the long 10+ night cruises. Planning on booking the last couple Alaska cruises in Sept/Oct 2025 and staying on for the TA to Honolulu and then on to Australia.

Have Tastee meat patty when you stop in Falmouth.  The vendor selling patties there in the port buys it from the local Tastees in Falmouth town. If you do not want to walk the 15 min to the Tastees in downtown Falmouth is a good option.  Though the vendor in the port charged $5 vs $1.50 if buying from downtown a few years ago. It is the price of convenience.

Maybe will will finally sail together next year?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Could you share the name, or link, for the tour company you used?

I can't remember the name...has been probably 5 years now.  It's a very popular local tour I booked online.  Will try to find it again, as I would love to book it again when we are there later this year.  

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, frank808 said:

40 minutes ago, frank808 said:

I have read a lot of loyal royals have been branching out to other cruise lines. Will be booking on our explorer cruise for sailings from Jan-March 2025 from either Miami or Ft Lauderdale. It will be whichever ship does the long 10+ night cruises. Planning on booking the last couple Alaska cruises in Sept/Oct 2025 and staying on for the TA to Honolulu and then on to Australia.

Maybe will will finally sail together next year?

Yes, hopefully soon!

If we don't book the food tour again, we will find our way to the bakery in town near the fountain.  Was soooo good!😋

We are indeed two of the Loyal Royals (now former loyal) that are drifting away from Royal.  Finally have 3 cruises on the books for Celebrity, and 5 longer cruises booked with Viking.  On Viking (after Royal cancelled two of our Aussie cruises) we are doing circumnavigation of Australia with Bali and Taz tossed in...then over to do the same in NZ in January.  

Still have a few RCI cruises on the books...Radiance B2B in Alaska next year is one.  

On 8/24/2024 at 1:01 AM, Biker19 said:

Can’t say I have ever heard of an ocean cruise listed with that as a departure port. 

Sorry my mistake, it is Hamburg. We will be in Frankfurt for a few days before cruise.

On 8/23/2024 at 1:39 PM, kdnurs said:

Icon it seems cant get into DR so it has to go elsewhere. 

Labadee if you have been reading along might reopen in oct 2024. Hence it seems like a easy change for rcl right now. Who knows but there does seem like a issue with icon getting into DR. 

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Labadee if you have been reading along might reopen in oct 2024. Hence it seems like a easy change for rcl right now. Who knows but there does seem like a issue with icon getting into DR. 

Yup, just keep building them bigger until they become ferries sailing between Florida, Coco Cay, and Labadee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Doesn't seem like it's a physical reason Icon can't get in (since it's essentially the same size as Oasis), just a administrative/political one that hasn't been resolved yet. Unlike some places trying to limit cruising, DR wants to continue to expand it.

Checked in today for my 10/10 Independence sailing.  We are scheduled to be in Labadee 10/12. No changes so far.  Cruise mapper still shows us docking.  It shows the first ship back being Adventure on 10/8. Of course that could all change, but you would think by now they would tell us something. 

16 minutes ago, shopnagain said:

Checked in today for my 10/10 Independence sailing.  We are scheduled to be in Labadee 10/12. No changes so far.  Cruise mapper still shows us docking.  It shows the first ship back being Adventure on 10/8. Of course that could all change, but you would think by now they would tell us something. 

You will only hear something if you are not going.

Our early Dec sailing on Indy has only Labadee listed as a port.  No changes announced to us etc.  Not unexpected as of right now.  Truth is I am hoping we do get to go.  We went on Grandeur last year and we really enjoyed it.

On 8/26/2024 at 2:20 PM, smokeybandit said:

Doesn't seem like it's a physical reason Icon can't get in (since it's essentially the same size as Oasis), just a administrative/political one that hasn't been resolved yet. Unlike some places trying to limit cruising, DR wants to continue to expand it.

Icon is approx 10% bigger than Oasis.