The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 25th, 2024

Hi Everyone!

Lots of fun kiddos chat today.

@dfish Debbie, the note from River is precious. I hope it is on display on your refrigerator or some place else in your home. Sweetie Addi is adorable! Big congrats to your family on a new member. I hope her parents and brother are doing good. 😊

@cruising sister, Lorraine, sweetie Murphy looks great. It is a precious picture. She is growing up nicely; she looks healthy and happy.

Your little DGD looks alot like your side of the family. IMO, she has your eyes. So grown up now at 4yo having a solo sleep over.  No having to take her home during the night. Looks like you both had lots of fun. 😄

@Cruising-along Carolyn,  glad the water park was great fun with the boys. They are growing up nicely too! Good on you and Henry for keeping up with them at the Wolf Den!

Thanks to all contributors. Prayers for all of us, celebrate all your joys.

Have a good Holiday(US) weekend all!

Take care. 

Caron 😎

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Mrs. XBGuy just sent this to me.  (It wasn't a long distance transmission,  It just came upstairs from the family room.)

image0(41).jpeg.92d780cb11ec520ad6b6b5d151428f55.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

Sun is finally out.... maybe the dog blankets will dry outside.... they certainly need the fresh air.

Iron Horse race was completed without incident.  The ride from Durango to Silverton is 47 miles... time was about 2 1/2 hours for both men and women. My legs hurt just thinking about it... there are two mountain passes. Local riders won both events in the pro category. Lots of riders in this area both amateur and pro. Anyway... that is done for another year although there are several more competitive events tomorrow.

Now back to work.... have some financial stuff that needs dealing with when I locate my calculator. That should occupy me the rest of the evening.

Susan

• Like 14

10 hours ago, dfish said:

IMG_3373.thumb.JPG.5667cc8919115ad8345cde4c9b1369cc.JPG

Where’s our heart emoji for times likes these?  How sweet 💜 

\

7 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Jacqui... is Ivan recovered from the attack the other day? Hope it has not made him leery of going for walks.

He seems to be fine and he still wants his walk.  So far, he doesn’t seem leery of bigger dogs.  He was when I first got him as he was attacked off leash years ago but he came around and so far, so good.  I am taking Nicole’s word for it since walking him is still out of the question for me.  I have enough challenges moving around 😉 My big fear is the potential damage to his hip where the dog put him down - it’s where his bones are fused from the arthritis.  Hopefully it doesn’t impair his injections.

@bennybear that is such a tragic story 😢 

@Cruisercl  wow - look at little Baby Murphy and one year old.  Hard to believe.  She and your DGD looked wonderful ❤️ 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Good evening. I'm tired after a busy day. The AC technician came around 11:30 and impressed me with his work ethic. He was all over the house, including in the attic several times at this hot time. It seemed my coolant was low and the coils froze; then they defrosted into the catch pan after I turned the system off. He checked everything and I'm back in business, with my wallet a little lighter. Then I went to BFF's. I did some household chores there, changed his Mohs surgery bandage, and heated up his dinner. There were severe thunderstorm warnings, flood warnings, and even a tornado warning while I was there. I had to pick a judicious time to leave for home. I gather there's some storm damage and power outages around.

@quilty964 I'm glad you made it safely. I detest driving in heavy thunderstorms. 

@Nickelpenny I can't see my incision either. BFF has been taking pictures of it for me, every few days. I saw one bill for $50k on my surgery date, that my insurance did not pay; I think it wasn't sent with the right codes. They did pay for the neuro monitoring during the surgery and some other bill that I can't tell what it's for. 

@bennybear Great photo of the woodpecker.

@luvteaching Enjoy the show.

@cunnorl The first shingles shot gave me a big painful lump at the injection site, and some fatigue. Nothing with the 2nd shot.

@dfish I want to come to dinner! Your menu sounds good.

@cruising sister Aww, thanks for sharing that photo of precious Murphy. It's hard to believe she's almost one! And DGD is such a big girl, getting dolls and her nails done.

@Cruising-along I bet the grandsons think you two are the coolest Grandparents! Great photos.

@XBGuy I'm drinking Girard Meritage with dinner tonight.

@grapau27 It's sad that you had to give up something you love, due to your arthritis.

@Copper10-8 Great memes.

Time to relax in the recliner!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

Wow!  Aunt Deddie sure is tired tonight.  But, it is really worth it.  Dinner was great.  The Mexican Street Corn was a big hit.  So were the cucumbers and the dogs and burgers.   We had a nice time sitting around the fire table.  I finally got the wind shield put together and I do see how you would want that when it is windy.  The new furniture held up well and we were pleased it didn't fall apart when people sat in the chairs.  We must have done a decent job putting them together.

Wow, @JazzyV Vanessa, the weather sounds really fierce around you.  Glad to know the air conditioner is working again.  

My note from River is proudly displayed on the fridge for now.  I may move it to the mirror in my closet/dressing room.  

• Like 18

53 minutes ago, Cruisercl said:

Hi @kazu, thanks for the support but @cruising sister is the one with the cutey DGD and sweet baby Murphy in her family.

I hope you are healing well and pain free. 😊

Take care....

Caron 

Oops apologies and thanks.

I guys my faux pas answers your question. Pain free is a world I am waiting for, 

Caron.  😞 😉 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

YAY Stars 🌟 🏒 tied up the series 1-1!!

I like the teams playing on alternate nights so we don't have to switch back & forth between games, but it also means anxiety every night, lol.

• Like 3