The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday May 25th, 2024

Good morning. Partly cloudy this morning and cool. Today is the Iron Horse race from here to Silverton.... cyclists against the train. I am sticking close to home until things settle down in town. Have to make a dog food run but I am well set with my own food for the weekend. Do have to do laundry later as Bandit Shih Tzu was sick on the bed last night. At  2am I was remaking the bed. He seems fine this morning. I am a bit tired and will need another coffee to get going.

I don't have any plans for this weekend except to walk dogs and perhaps work a bit on my store room. While my neighbor and I got it cleaned and organized a few weeks ago, there are some storage boxes I need to inventory and probably discard most of the contents. What does one do with old sheet music? No piano anymore.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.... and refrains from overdoing. Jacqui... is Ivan recovered from the attack the other day? Hope it has not made him leery of going for walks. Monty Chihuahua loves his stroller.... but Ivan is much too big for that. I feel a bit silly pushing him along.... but he can't walk far anyway.... he does seem to have some problem with his little legs.

Susan

• Like 29

2 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning!

It is currently raining her in mid-Michigan but it is supposed to be sunny and 75 by cookout time here.  DS Mary Jo and her DH Mitch are coming over for burgers and dogs on the grill.  When the rain clears out Sue plans to do some flower planting with River.  That will be good.  Right now we are watching cartoons with those annoying voices. Of course, I do have to remember that this makes it all worthwhile.

IMG_3373.thumb.JPG.5667cc8919115ad8345cde4c9b1369cc.JPG

@ger_77  Happy Half Birthday!

images(1).jpg.92efecf0aca42b4d6ce5f57a5a96efa3.jpg

The very first meal I ever made in my new crockpot back in 1979 was chicken with olives.  It was ok.  I think the crockpot got washed and put away for about 30 years.  I would swap out the orzo in this recipe for riced cauliflower.  Chicken in the Slow Cooker

chickenandorzowithtomatoesandolives1.jpg.ab6786af9f8c1144c281ec5b178fdc51.jpg

This one has more of a tomato sauce that tomatoes included in the dish.  Mediterranean Chicken

chickenandorzowithtomatoesandolives2.thumb.jpg.58953f485100eb76fadafa707723ee0f.jpg

This one uses kalamata olives instead of the regular green olives.  It also calls for chicken thighs, but you can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  One Pot Chicken

chickenandorzowithtomatoesandolives3.thumb.jpg.aca1e42a6d1bcfada7d1c312b5e1f01e.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

I prefer Chic fillet through the fast drive thru!

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here! 

Thank you all for the birthday wishes yesterday! We had a wonderful lunch and the celebration continues today with DD, DSIL, and granddaughter Lily coming over for cake this afternoon.

IMG_20301.thumb.JPG.256aa3ea190f3bda1e302882cf714d35.JPG

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

Great picture, Jack.  Enjoy your birthday party with DD, DSIL and Lily.

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites. 

Today will be hot and muggy. (95)

Thanks to our loyal posters for the fleet report, food and beverages, care and celebration listing..including current and future Daily cruisers.

Wanting to get to the Farmer's market early this morning to nab some halibut from our Alaska fish monger. The fresh vegetables are in full swing and I think I will make a stir fry.

The changes to our Japan itinerary caused a cancelation in an excursion. It's difficult to get an accessible tour as it is, but I will keep trying.

Jacqui don't over do it today. We all know how you are!!

Last night I went to our pool at 6 pm and I was the only one there for the first 15 minutes. I grabbed a few noodles and puttered around. It was beautiful and I love the music that's played.

Prayers going on up for those on our care list. For the soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice and their families. For those who suffer from war, who are starving and helpless. And for our veterans. 

Blessings to you.

Joy, I hope you can find an assessible tour in the new ports.

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily! I wish we could go plastic free, but take a look around you and see how much of our world is made of it!  I brown bagged it for most of my career; when I first joined the court, there wasn't a designated staff/lunch room, so people ate at their desks.  One day a kindly caretaker came by and told me he'd made some chili in their store room and would I like to have some?  He said he'd bring it to me, but I insisted on going back there with him - that began a life long friendship with the caretakers of our building.  I'd often bake things and leave them in there for the group to enjoy, and there were many invitations to join them for treats or lunches others had made.  I think I was the only person from the bench who was actually afforded this privilege, and it's a memory I'll take with me always.  A little 5 year old girl (Tamara Keepness) went missing from a city nearby in 2004 and to this day has not been found; I can't imagine the anguish the family has been through.  Sadly, her mother passed away last year, never knowing what happened to her daughter.

Thank you @JazzyV for remembering my Alternate Birthday today!  And thank you to all my Daily friends for your good wishes; it really makes my heart smile to read them.  I'm not sure DH is even going to remember unless he actually looks at the calendar, but I'll think of a reason for us to go somewhere for dinner tonight and will leave it at that.  He'll pay for it later.  Ha ha ha ha.

@dfishcongratulations on the addition of Addi to your extended family; she's a beauty!  And THAT note!  Oh my gosh, it touched my heart, as I'm sure it did yours.

@MrSnuffleupagusBon Voyage; enjoy your cruise!!

@RMLincolnmy goodness, ministrations 8x daily - that takes up pretty much your entire day!  Is DH able to do some of them by himself, or do they all involve you?  You need a break, girl!

@kazuI hope you're able to get some of your pots filled; I know how much they mean to you.

@1ANGELCATI'm glad Shirl is doing well so far; the cat will be a cat and make sure everyone knows it's annoyed at the change.  LOL

@ottahand7wow, you had a very busy day yesterday!

@marshhawk  I love the t-shirt!!

I'm going to pass on the drink (whiskey), will let others enjoy the wine and take a wide berth on anything with olives in it.   I'm not sure just what's on the menu for tonight, but I'm thinking we'll take a drive across the city to our favourite Greek restaurant where I can enjoy time with DH and a traditional Greek meal.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in turmoil, and in the paths of destructive storms and fires.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.  

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Gerry, I admire your way of making friends where ever you are.  I realized early on when working for businesses that it was the support staff and secretaries that really made things happen and kept things running smoothly.  It pays to be nice to everyone, but especially those who make life easier for others.  Enjoy your alternate birthday dinner.

Lenda 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_15_58.thumb.png.0cdad26b0031e7a6dc99ad954a4870f7.png

Good Morning to all and thank you @richwmn for the daily and fleet report (I don't thank you personally enough!).  I try to not overdo plastic anything and I never really brown bagged it during my working career as I rarely ate lunch but I remember my mom would pack me a lunch - frozen 1/2 skim milk/1/2 powdered milk (🤢) and something like a peanut butter & honey sandwich for school. When I went to catholic school that was fine as they only prepared lunches on Tuesday and Thursday.  But when I went to public high school, I would ditch the packed lunch after "stealing" $0.25 from her purse to buy 2 taquitos with a guacamole sauce from the high school lunch counter!  Oh, the memories!!  It is always sad to hear about missing children; I was in Portugal when Madeline McCann was missing and there were pictures of her all over.  

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_23_37.thumb.png.6f0a39065c11cbf9868bd14d29ed9510.png

I agree with the quote.  My take on the quote - when you try to achieve your dreams, your life is more difficult - and rewarding - to achieve those dreams.  If you just skip along with life and no dreams, it is easier.  Meal sounds good, I love a Crown Royal Manhattan but very, very light on the sweet vermouth, no on the wine and never been to the port.  I was young when Kennedy made the promise.

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_21_42.thumb.png.5dd8735677730520911470da0c3b381d.png

I had a nice visit with my PCP.  He affirmed my incisions look good; it was funny when he asked if they were looking good.  I said - How can I see them?????  We had a good laugh.  He did confirm I have a stitch or 2 in this one area that I wasn't sure if it was a scab or stitches.  It was where the JP drain was!  Duh!!  SMH at my stupidity!!  Today will be the visit from the NP; not sure what to expect and it seems like a waste of time but, hey, it is a perk of my insurance.  

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_26_42.thumb.png.ebc3c6c527d94c08c7caf6058330654d.png

When I went out yesterday, I realized my installation of the lock on my gate won't work as I won't be able to lock it when I leave - too far down on the inside!!  So I will have to move it to a place that will allow that.  SMH - again!!

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_25_22.thumb.png.66477fd663f35384dced47039208d1b0.png

I won't get into a diatribe about US healthcare BUT - 2 bills (hospital and anesthesia) have been posted on my insurance website.  The contracted cost is only about 20% of the bill.  No wonder many docs/facilities won't take Medicare patients!!  I haven't seen the doc bill but so far the bill is over $63K.  So expensive!!  I am lucky to have the insurance I do - no deductible and my portion for this procedure - $100.  I am so glad I decided to work at the high school when I returned from overseas as they participate in the AZ State Retirement System and, when I retired, I took the insurance they offered.  I am truly blessed!!

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_20_29.thumb.png.56810edf0d77c7afb6bc85d8d410fdd1.png

Happy alternative birthday @ger_77 and Bon Voyage @MrSnuffleupagus@kazu take it easy on the foot.  Those in the path of storms - stay safe!!  @dfish Addi is adorable!!  Everyone have a fantastic day!!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Happy alternate birthday @ger_77. Half birthdays work well if you are born in the dead of winter! We often celebrate in July for the grandchildren born in January. Pool is open and more fun than making snowmen.

i seldom drink mixed drinks but I do like a manhatten.

I’m finally ready to send off for the clearance certificate from my dad’s estate. Once that comes it only remains to close the reserve account and split it with my sister.  

have a great day everyone.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

I'm always trying to get closer to plastic-free, but not succeeding. When I was in graduate school in Boston, I had a part-time teaching job in the outer suburbs. The building was next to a Dunkin Donuts and the other teachers all stopped there to buy coffee on the way in. I brought coffee from home in a Thermos® that had belonged to my father.

Another brown-bag story: my great-uncle started life as a dry-goods peddler with a pack on his back, but came to own a large, fashionable clothing store that occupied a three-story building downtown, plus suburban branches. Before labor laws forced him to put in a staff lunchroom, saleswomen ate their lunches in the fitting rooms. When he discovered this, he cried out, "You are inwiting mice into mine store!"

I would be fine with the menu suggestion if I had any of the ingredients beyond tomatoes and olives. I'd also appreciate a Manhattan. BTW, rye whiskey was the preferred liquor in the Northeast before Prohibition, but many of rye distilleries, most of which were in Pennsylvania, never reopened, and Bourbon and Canadian whiskey became the replacements. It's more available today but mostly distilled in Kentucky.

For the wine, Ravines 2022. "Delicate layers of lemongrass, papaya, clementine and floral notes establish this wine that is balanced by the trademark acidity and minerality on the palate. A juicy and refreshing lift include a lingering citrus finish and invite another sip. A wonderful expression of Finger Lakes Sauvignon Blanc that's 100% estate fruit from our 'home farm' White Springs Vineyard," $22.95.

Mona Lisa was inspired to explore my bedside table at 4:00 a.m., tickling my face with her tail as she did so. I had breakfast at 5:00 and went back to bed.

dessertanimals.jpg.e346666112102134fde40f570837e2df.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks all!  
@rafinmd I want that lingonberry soup

@ger_77 happy royal birthday, if the king and late queen can choose a better time to celebrate why not! Love your story about the caretakers, my father raised me to treat all equally.  So important. 
@dfish congratulations on the new baby Addi!  Love the note! 

@RMLincoln those notes are so precious.  
@marshhawklove the tshirt!
@Seasick Sailor hope you don’t get many more port changes, we had one only a month out, so a lot of scrambling.  

Two young girls at a school I taught at were found dead in the 70s of unknown causes, last week DNA advances found they were killed by a serial murderer,  so at least closure for those families.    Another family I know hasn’t been so lucky, over 15 years and nothing, just a complete and utter disappearance,  so tragic.  

We have a local celebrity, a Lewis woodpecker. 

DSC_2158.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 6

Good morning on a rainy Saturday, 

What I thought was going to be a stay-at-home day has now changed. A friend (who is cruising with me in September) wants to go to a Patsy Cline tribute show at a local theater so I ordered the tickets and we'll attend the 7:30 performance tonight. Sounds good to me! 

Yesterday was the pool and some errands but didn't get the grad cards done. Today is some desperately needed house cleaning, one load of laundry, and when my friend comes over we'll get her registered on the HAL website. 

Happy 1/2 birthday @ger_77!

Karen

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Havent posted much this week, been very busy. Also had a shingle shot that kicked my butt. I was surprised as I never react to anything and am never sick. But I know enough people that have had shingles and the problems it brings. So I will get the 2nd one when it is time.

I always brought my lunch to work. It was better and so much cheaper. I really try to limit my use of plastics but it is everywhere!

I did the early payment option for the 25 WC. So we are paid and I am so excited! Never ever thought that we would do a World Cruise.  Much planning to do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 25

@RMLincoln Those notes are so precious so of course, we save them forever.  

I want my Manhattan with Southern Comfort and olives instead of cherries.  I used to drink them like that, but they would probably be way too sweet for me now.  

I made Lenda's Mexican Street Corn for today's cookout.  It is flavor blending and it is going to be so good!  We've got cucumbers and sour cream and potato salad.  And burgers and dogs.   I think we'll get enough to eat.

• Like 23

Happy Saturday,

I have been so busy the last few days I have just caught up on the Daily. I have a precious picture of baby Murphy. It is hard to believe she will be one in a few weeks. 

IMG_8011.thumb.jpeg.be7116fe04e1ad9a30a37902ba4547ed.jpeg

I have DGD this morning she had her first solo sleepover last night. We had donuts, bought new baby dolls and she had her nails done. It has been a busy morning. 

IMG_3424.thumb.jpeg.4e810d0e9eda5a2d045167a73b434258.jpeg

IMG_3421.thumb.jpeg.95d25c6b07c5ff7434eb52564bccd9e8.jpeg

I am encouraging her it is time to nap. We will see how that goes.  Prayers and well wishes. Have a great Holiday weekend. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7

Good morning all!

We got home last night after a very full 2 days with the grandsons at the water park.  I would say it was a hit!  They were so excited the whole time, and loving water the way they do, they spent a total of 10 hours in the water. 8 of those were yesterday, our full day there.  They weren't even interested in all the other things to do there (thank goodness, because everything else was pricey!).  Needless to say, DH and I were exhausted last night -- I felt like I'd been hit by a truck 😉  

Three very good days to celebrate/honor.  I'll pass on the drink and meal (orzo and olives) but most likely would like the wine.  Have never been to the port.

Gerry @ger_77 Happy (alternate) birthday!

@MrSnuffleupagus Bon Voyage!

Debbie @dfish That note from River is SO precious!  And very sweet photo of baby Addi 🙂  

Maureen @RMLincoln Very sweet note from your now-grown step granddaughter.

Lorraine @cruising sister Thank you for the new photo of sweet baby Murphy -- adorable!  And very cute photos of your DGD too.  Looks like a fun time!

Some last photos from our get-away with the boys.

These smiles say it all.  They had bunkbeds in our room the "Wolf Den"

Riseandshine.thumb.jpg.8f61fb7df961036fb0b085be8340d385.jpg

Check out time yesterday -- we all got wolf ears, so of course I wore mine too.

wolfears.thumb.jpg.40fc91e7bf55d8247609d36ddf1be351.jpg

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

Wine of the Day - Fournier Père et Fils 2022 Les Monts Damnés Sauvignon Blanc (Sancerre)

Another SB.  I have to agree, though, that Sancerre is truly excellent wine.

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

This Sancerre would pair wonderfully with mussels, clams, scallops and crustaceans of any sort.

Oh wow.  Sancerre with shellfish.  That sounds so good to me.

IMG_3062.jpg.642d5722e470365d803ed23d146c6a0a.jpg

IMG_3063.jpg.0bb80ce5a6e7b89a100b22629f5383a5.jpg

Girard is a well-known winery and is fairly well-distributed.  (That is about all I know about this winery.)  From the back label I would conclude that this wine is fermented similar to the traditional Sancerre style.  I purchased this one just a couple days ago at Costco for $15.  I look forward to enjoying this with "mussels, clams, scallops and crustaceans of any sort."  In fact, I know we have mussels packaged with some sort of sauce in the freezer.  Boil some pasta, and I think we have a winner.

Napa Valley is, of course, highly regarded for its red wines--mostly, those associated with "Bordeaux grapes," but I find Napa Valley white wines to be quite good.  Mrs. XBGuy loves various Napa Chardonnays,

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Well done for still playing golf so well at 78

I sold my golf clubs 2 weeks ago after not playing for several years through my knee and hip arthritis.

My best score was a 73 on a hard and long par 73 course when I was fit and playing off 7 handicap.

Great score!  I shot my age when I was 68! Can’t remember if it was on the front or back side! 😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Great score!  I shot my age when I was 68! Can’t remember if it was on the front or back side! 😀

Thank you Bob.

I used to practice golf a lot.

Arthritis runs in my late mam's family and has affected me for close to 40 years which I controlled with Ibuprofen anti inflammatory medication.

After my heart attack 4 and a half years ago I wasn't allowed to take anti inflammatory medication with my heart medication combined with having to take statins meant arthritis took over.

I miss my golf enormously.

The only good thing is now I spend a lot of time on Cruise Critic instead of being on the golf course and made a lot of friends on P&O, Royal Caribbean forums as well as on the Daily.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today in History:
1961 JFK announces US goal of putting a man on the Moon before the end of decade

NASA Moon landing: THIS is what Neil Armstrong saw on the Moon after his  one small step | Science | News | Express.co.uk

Winning the moon race - Aerospace America

What are the best jokes and memes on NASA's moon landings? - Quora

70 Funny Moon Jokes Here's A Joke, 56% OFF | paeg.uz

Bore alignment Effectively moon jokes one liners - rydaholmsvardshus.com

Jokes about the moon, 78% aus super rabatt - www.h-mun.com

Living On The Moon Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Out Of Gas Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Chinese-U.S. Space Race | Globecartoon - Political Cartoons - Patrick  Chappatte

30 FRESH MEMES FOR TODAY #16 – FunnyFoto | Apollo 11, Moon landing, Apollo  11 moon landing

• Like 6
  • Haha 18

A sunset today, this time from my 2015 Prinsendam Kiel Canal cruise.  May 25 was a sea day from Warnemunde to Tallin:

dusk0525.jpg

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

A quick note since I'm not finished mowing.  Wouldn't you know it, the sun came out and it's pretty warm.  I'm using my cooling towel, but with less than ten minutes to go the last battery died.  They don't last as long in hot weather.  I'm waiting for a battery to charge to finish the mowing and use the blower.  DH is ordering another battery.  There ia a good breeze, and the humidity is lower.

3 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_15_58.thumb.png.0cdad26b0031e7a6dc99ad954a4870f7.png

Good Morning to all and thank you @richwmn for the daily and fleet report (I don't thank you personally enough!).  I try to not overdo plastic anything and I never really brown bagged it during my working career as I rarely ate lunch but I remember my mom would pack me a lunch - frozen 1/2 skim milk/1/2 powdered milk (🤢) and something like a peanut butter & honey sandwich for school. When I went to catholic school that was fine as they only prepared lunches on Tuesday and Thursday.  But when I went to public high school, I would ditch the packed lunch after "stealing" $0.25 from her purse to buy 2 taquitos with a guacamole sauce from the high school lunch counter!  Oh, the memories!!  It is always sad to hear about missing children; I was in Portugal when Madeline McCann was missing and there were pictures of her all over.  

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_23_37.thumb.png.6f0a39065c11cbf9868bd14d29ed9510.png

I agree with the quote.  My take on the quote - when you try to achieve your dreams, your life is more difficult - and rewarding - to achieve those dreams.  If you just skip along with life and no dreams, it is easier.  Meal sounds good, I love a Crown Royal Manhattan but very, very light on the sweet vermouth, no on the wine and never been to the port.  I was young when Kennedy made the promise.

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_21_42.thumb.png.5dd8735677730520911470da0c3b381d.png

I had a nice visit with my PCP.  He affirmed my incisions look good; it was funny when he asked if they were looking good.  I said - How can I see them?????  We had a good laugh.  He did confirm I have a stitch or 2 in this one area that I wasn't sure if it was a scab or stitches.  It was where the JP drain was!  Duh!!  SMH at my stupidity!!  Today will be the visit from the NP; not sure what to expect and it seems like a waste of time but, hey, it is a perk of my insurance.  

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_26_42.thumb.png.ebc3c6c527d94c08c7caf6058330654d.png

When I went out yesterday, I realized my installation of the lock on my gate won't work as I won't be able to lock it when I leave - too far down on the inside!!  So I will have to move it to a place that will allow that.  SMH - again!!

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_25_22.thumb.png.66477fd663f35384dced47039208d1b0.png

I won't get into a diatribe about US healthcare BUT - 2 bills (hospital and anesthesia) have been posted on my insurance website.  The contracted cost is only about 20% of the bill.  No wonder many docs/facilities won't take Medicare patients!!  I haven't seen the doc bill but so far the bill is over $63K.  So expensive!!  I am lucky to have the insurance I do - no deductible and my portion for this procedure - $100.  I am so glad I decided to work at the high school when I returned from overseas as they participate in the AZ State Retirement System and, when I retired, I took the insurance they offered.  I am truly blessed!!

ScreenShot2024-05-25at08_20_29.thumb.png.56810edf0d77c7afb6bc85d8d410fdd1.png

Happy alternative birthday @ger_77 and Bon Voyage @MrSnuffleupagus@kazu take it easy on the foot.  Those in the path of storms - stay safe!!  @dfish Addi is adorable!!  Everyone have a fantastic day!!

Pennie, that's good news your incisions look good.

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
@rafinmd I want that lingonberry soup

@ger_77 happy royal birthday, if the king and late queen can choose a better time to celebrate why not! Love your story about the caretakers, my father raised me to treat all equally.  So important. 
@dfish congratulations on the new baby Addi!  Love the note! 

@RMLincoln those notes are so precious.  
@marshhawklove the tshirt!
@Seasick Sailor hope you don’t get many more port changes, we had one only a month out, so a lot of scrambling.  

Two young girls at a school I taught at were found dead in the 70s of unknown causes, last week DNA advances found they were killed by a serial murderer,  so at least closure for those families.    Another family I know hasn’t been so lucky, over 15 years and nothing, just a complete and utter disappearance,  so tragic.  

We have a local celebrity, a Lewis woodpecker. 

DSC_2158.jpeg

Brenda, thanks for the great picture of a woodpecker I'd never heard about.

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Afternoon from a warm and sunny day at the beach

Havent posted much this week, been very busy. Also had a shingle shot that kicked my butt. I was surprised as I never react to anything and am never sick. But I know enough people that have had shingles and the problems it brings. So I will get the 2nd one when it is time.

I always brought my lunch to work. It was better and so much cheaper. I really try to limit my use of plastics but it is everywhere!

I did the early payment option for the 25 WC. So we are paid and I am so excited! Never ever thought that we would do a World Cruise.  Much planning to do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, when I got my first shingles vaccine shot,  the pharmacist said if I had any reaction, to wait as close to the six month deadline to get the second one.  I still had a reaction, but it wasn't as bad.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@RMLincoln Those notes are so precious so of course, we save them forever.  

I want my Manhattan with Southern Comfort and olives instead of cherries.  I used to drink them like that, but they would probably be way too sweet for me now.  

I made Lenda's Mexican Street Corn for today's cookout.  It is flavor blending and it is going to be so good!  We've got cucumbers and sour cream and potato salad.  And burgers and dogs.   I think we'll get enough to eat.

Debbie, I'm glad the Mexican stree corn turned out well.  I still haven't made it.

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Happy Saturday,

I have been so busy the last few days I have just caught up on the Daily. I have a precious picture of baby Murphy. It is hard to believe she will be one in a few weeks. 

IMG_8011.thumb.jpeg.be7116fe04e1ad9a30a37902ba4547ed.jpeg

I have DGD this morning she had her first solo sleepover last night. We had donuts, bought new baby dolls and she had her nails done. It has been a busy morning. 

IMG_3424.thumb.jpeg.4e810d0e9eda5a2d045167a73b434258.jpeg

IMG_3421.thumb.jpeg.95d25c6b07c5ff7434eb52564bccd9e8.jpeg

I am encouraging her it is time to nap. We will see how that goes.  Prayers and well wishes. Have a great Holiday weekend. 

Oh my, Lorraine, Murphy is adorable with that red hair. and so grown up.  Good pictures of your DGD who is very cute.

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

NASA Moon landing: THIS is what Neil Armstrong saw on the Moon after his  one small step | Science | News | Express.co.uk

Winning the moon race - Aerospace America

What are the best jokes and memes on NASA's moon landings? - Quora

70 Funny Moon Jokes Here's A Joke, 56% OFF | paeg.uz

Bore alignment Effectively moon jokes one liners - rydaholmsvardshus.com

Jokes about the moon, 78% aus super rabatt - www.h-mun.com

Living On The Moon Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Out Of Gas Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

Chinese-U.S. Space Race | Globecartoon - Political Cartoons - Patrick  Chappatte

30 FRESH MEMES FOR TODAY #16 – FunnyFoto | Apollo 11, Moon landing, Apollo  11 moon landing

Thanks for the great memes, John.

Lenda 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

@cruising sister OMG, Baby Murphy is adorable.  And what a doting Grandma you are!  Manicures AND dolls.  River got to help transplant some hostas and daylillies.  

@Cruising-along I feel your fatigue.  

@summer slope I'm going to move in with you for the pool.

Back to the kitchen work.  Not much more preparation to do.  I finished the cucumbers and sour cream and just have to slice the tomatoes and onions for the burgers.  

• Like 17