Live From Eclipse( sort of)

Lois R

On our Eclipse cruise on May 11th. I noticed the room attendant putting the dishes in one section of the hallway. We keep any dishes in the room and don't put them outside our cabin door.

On 5/29/2024 at 7:10 AM, Lois R said:

Hi, I tried the Aqua Spa Cafe in previous Celebrity Life.....sometimes it was good but when I looked at the choices yesterday? Nothing appealed to me. I may end up at The Frog and The Onion in the Dockyard this afternoon.

They also have a sandwich that is not on display.   It is on the menu on the wall.    You order it and they delivery it to your table after they make it from scratch.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

They also have a sandwich that is not on display.   It is on the menu on the wall.    You order it and they delivery it to your table after they make it from scratch.   

Oh....I had no clue about that so thank you for the tip.

2 hours ago, 1Virgo said:

we saw several passengers place their dishes outside on the floor.  Never saw a steward do that though.  I suspect new cruisers assume this is what you do

I’ve had the experience of calling room service to remove them and been told to leave them outside the door, so definitely not a newbie thing. 

38 minutes ago, gerif said:

I’ve had the experience of calling room service to remove them and been told to leave them outside the door, so definitely not a newbie thing. 

Gross...

• Like 4

Good morning again from the Solarium. 

I just want to say I know my thread is not in the " story telling" mode of other  cruisers  but just trying to give an idea of my experience.

Yesterday I went to the Dockyard and had lunch at The Frog and Onion and then walked around a bit. 

I ate on the late side so was not too hungry when I went to Luminae for dinner. I have to say the wait staff in there is excellent. All I wanted was a bowl of soup and a couple of rolls and it was delicious. The soup was from the mdr menu.....it was a chicken broth with mushrooms, carrots and ginger. One of the best tasting soups I have eaten in a long time.

Then last night they had a pool party with all kinds of dancing, music, etc

I stayed for about 30 minutes.

Today is another day of relaxing. 

I have to say that I have met some nice folks on the cruise and that has been a good experience😀

• Like 19

Hi Lois,

Enjoying your review!

How was lunch at Frog and Onion?  Did they have music?  Has always been  a fun  stop for lunch..hope it is  still ....

Celeb always has great soup.. yours sounded delish!

Was it an outdoor or indoor pool party?  How's the weather?

Will you consider X again ?

11 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hi Lois,

Enjoying your review!

How was lunch at Frog and Onion?  Did they have music?  Has always been  a fun  stop for lunch..hope it is  still ....

Celeb always has great soup.. yours sounded delish!

Was it an outdoor or indoor pool party?  How's the weather?

Will you consider X again ?

Hi, lunch was ok.....had a turkey blt on a baguette but the turkey was so dry I had to take it off the bread. They actually gave me a discount on the bill. The fries were excellent and came out nice and hot. And I splurged and went for an ice cream drink.

The pool party was outside with the band playing.

The weather has been good. It rained much earlier this morning but the sun is out now. We sail back to NJ later this afternoon

Will I sail with X again? I honestly don't know and need to think about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2024 at 12:13 PM, 1Virgo said:

we saw several passengers place their dishes outside on the floor.  Never saw a steward do that though.  I suspect new cruisers assume this is what you do

I have seen both the room stewards for a later pickup and passengers who see the dishes outside of cabins and think that is what they should do. Not a nice look regardless...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Will I sail with X again? I honestly don't know and need to think about it.

Lois,

If you have to think about it, well then we know what the answer will inevitably be....

IMG_9421.thumb.jpeg.706cebbb628d630f8a6e

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lois, I think you are in retreat, correct me if I am wrong.  If so, How have you found the food in Luminae?  Since you are on a S class ship, can you order from the MDR menu, also?
Thanks for your review! 

37 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

Lois, I think you are in retreat, correct me if I am wrong.  If so, How have you found the food in Luminae?  Since you are on a S class ship, can you order from the MDR menu, also?
Thanks for your review! 

Post 106 and some earlier posts she said she was in Luminae and had ordered from the MDR.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Lois,

If you have to think about it, well then we know what the answer will inevitably be....

IMG_9421.thumb.jpeg.706cebbb628d630f8a6e

Not necessarily,  that is why I have to think about it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Post 106 and some earlier posts she said she was in Luminae and had ordered from the MDR.

Thanks for the post.....you are correct🙂

Good morning again and yes I am in the Solarium🙂. So this is our last day and last night I ate with John from Michael's Club and we had a lovely dinner. It was the first time I had stepped into the main dining room all week and omg.....busy and noisy are what came into my mind. Food was very good though I must say. We both had the lobster and it was VERY tender and sweet with drawn butter. 

They had a couple of activities in the sky lounge and then the singers and dancers put on a show (this was all last night).

I will say I have had a really relaxing cruise and met some nice folks.

I have enjoyed Luminae too.

I did realize 7 nights is too short for me LOL.......need at least 10!

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning again and yes I am in the Solarium🙂. So this is our last day and last night I ate with John from Michael's Club and we had a lovely dinner. It was the first time I had stepped into the main dining room all week and omg.....busy and noisy are what came into my mind. Food was very good though I must say. We both had the lobster and it was VERY tender and sweet with drawn butter. 

They had a couple of activities in the sky lounge and then the singers and dancers put on a show (this was all last night).

Your posts have been so positive....glad you enjoyed your cruise and your return to X.  Variety is the spice....they tell me...so changing it up now and again gives one a new (?) perspective.  BTW...yes...7 is toooo short a time when enjoying oneself.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Your posts have been so positive....glad you enjoyed your cruise and your return to X.  Variety is the spice....they tell me...so changing it up now and again gives one a new (?) perspective.  BTW...yes...7 is toooo short a time when enjoying oneself.

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate them very much.

• Thanks 1

On 5/29/2024 at 10:37 AM, Lois R said:

Oh, something I did notice and I don't remember if it used to be this way but when I walk down the hallway to the elevator (I am all the way aft so it is along walk. ) But anyway, I notice TONS of silver containers on the floor with covers on them. I am guessing these are room service items and folks don't leave them in their cabin......and lots of of door signs too. Just observations on my part but why put that food container on the floor outside? Is this a thing now?

When we were on the Oasis last year, we saw a lot of that.  Not very appealing or sanitary.

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thank you for taking us along. We appreciate hearing about Eclipse. We’ve been cruising since the late eighties and the majority had been with Celebrity, mostly in late eighties thru mid nineties. More recently we chose other lines, as we like the smaller ships. We always enjoyed sailing with Celebrity, and are hoping that things haven’t changed too much.Thanks again, and glad you had a nice cruise.

7 hours ago, registrar said:

Did you ever use the Suite private sun deck/pool for suite guests only?

Hi, unless I am wrong,

I don't think Eclipse has a private sun deck. Nobody ever mentioned it to me but I never asked either.  There is no private pool as far as I know.

8 hours ago, registrar said:

Did you ever use the Suite private sun deck/pool for suite guests only?

Hi, just confirming my previous post,  there is no private pool on Eclipse. And no private sundeck either.

• Thanks 1

Sitting at the Newark Airport. It was overall a good week and David, I think I would sail Celebrity again but would do an M class ship and hopefully find a suite.

I am really tired ( didn't sleep well last night) and the Temps around the ship varied so much I seem to have caught a cough, which is a big PITA........

Anyway, if you have any further comments and/or questions, let me know.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Sitting at the Newark Airport. It was overall a good week and David, I think I would sail Celebrity again but would do an M class ship and hopefully find a suite.

I am really tired ( didn't sleep well last night) and the Temps around the ship varied so much I seem to have caught a cough, which is a big PITA........

Anyway, if you have any further comments and/or questions, let me know.

I’m so sorry that you’re not feeling well, Lois. But it’s good to read that you think you will do Celebrity again.  I’ll change the picture I posted to this:

IMG_9693.thumb.jpeg.9a7637b86206b3b2664f5827da9cd487.jpeg

Thanks David🙂 I sailed Summit many times.

I just wonder why the public spaces have to be so darn cold!!!(maybe it is just me).

• Like 2