CoCo Cay's Hideaway Beach

DB2VA

Is there a charge for Hideaway Beach? One source says $34.99 and another says free. Can you walk there from the port or can you also take the tram. Was at Coco Cay many many years ago and this is so different. .

?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, DB2VA said:

Is there a charge for Hideaway Beach? One source says $34.99 and another says free. Can you walk there from the port or can you also take the tram. Was at Coco Cay many many years ago and this is so different. .

?

There is a charge which varies but ship and sailing date.  It is walkable but the tram also goes there and would certainly be faster with far less walking. If you haven't been there for many years, you won't recognize it.  JMO or first time there was in 1992 and I preferred it when it wasn't the waterpark it is today.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

55 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

There is a charge which varies but ship and sailing date.  It is walkable but the tram also goes there and would certainly be faster with far less walking. If you haven't been there for many years, you won't recognize it.  JMO or first time there was in 1992 and I preferred it when it wasn't the waterpark it is today.

I am quite sure we will feel the same way!  it was such a nice unspoiled location..not now from what we hear

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

I am quite sure we will feel the same way!  it was such a nice unspoiled location..not now from what we hear

Ya, I with you people on that one.  I was there probably around 1992 also, we walked around the bend from the beach were everyone was and had a spot that really was like being on a private island.

3 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Definitely agree with you on this one!  It was a nice, reasonably peaceful time years ago when we visited.  Now to get some peace and quiet you need to book special areas that can get quite expensive.  For us it may just be a good day to stay onboard!  I so miss the nice private beach stops of cruises years ago. 

3 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

It is free to walk off the ship to CoCo Cay, Hideaway Beach is $39 to $89 for a day pass. Depending on how many ships are docking there.

Just an FYI, we paid $22.99 per person the last time I went to Hideaway Beach last month. However, we paid $44.99 when we went there in February on Icon. 

I started going to CocoCay in the 1990s when it was just a private beach.

Even though it’s very different today, I’ve been there five times and I still find it possible to find a nice quiet place on the beach. It’s what you make of it. One of my favorite places to stop.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, hcat said:

Many beautiful areas there..you find pretty much find whatever you want. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

19 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Seems like a great day to hang out in the solarium with a refreshing cocktail!  

Oh the snoring 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Even though it’s very different today, I’ve been there five times and I still find it possible to find a nice quiet place on the beach. It’s what you make of it. One of my favorite places to stop.

Agree. There are plenty of places to relax on a beach. The entire

Island is not the water park. 

5 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Any advice for those of us who have never been there (or at least not for years) as to where to find the nice, more quieter spots to just relax and take a short dip?

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Any advice for those of us who have never been there (or at least not for years) as to where to find the nice, more quieter spots to just relax and take a short dip?

I'd like to know this too.... I have booked Hideaway Beach but after reading all these posts, am pretty sure we won't like the area.

29 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I'd like to know this too.... I have booked Hideaway Beach but after reading all these posts, am pretty sure we won't like the area.

Just take a walk about..,you’ll find the quieter beaches easily. 

• Like 1

If looking for quieter beach to just enjoy lounging in chair I'd suggest South Beach/Cove Beach/or Breezy Bay at Chill Island.  There is plenty of full sun or shaded chairs and all can be reached by either the free tram or walking.  If you decide to stay at Hideaway in my opinion the quietest area when entering is furthest left away from pool along beach.

This thread makes me realize how "confusing" the smaller Hideaway Beach vs larger Coco Cay idea is.

I've never been there but the gist seems to be that Coco Cay is a large section of beach which is "free" but exclusive to RCL/X folks. The Hideaway Beach is the adults only bit within the larger Coco Cay area and carries with it an entry (of varying cost) that gets folks access to extras like ????.

And, if folks skip Hideaway, they can relatively easily find stretches of beach that are quiet and relatively uncrowded - some with lounges and easy access to food and some pools etc.?

I'm not sure what the upsell point is except along the lines of the upsell for specialty restaurants or the Retreat? Is there a special Retreat section of Coco too?  

The list of "free" stuff to do seems pretty long.  Adults only at Hideaway seems nice, but if the regular beaches are not crowded, kids tend to blend in anyway.

I was on the Celebrity Reflection in April which was the first Celebrity ship to stop at Coco Cay.  There was also a monster RCI ship in port with us.  I expected to find the island over run with people.  Not so.  There are plenty of areas with no charge, including places to get food and drink.  There is a free tram which takes you around, or you can just walk around.  Harbor Beach and Chill Island are just to the left of the Arrivals Plaza.  Neither beach was crowded when I was there.  I didn't get off the tram at any of the beaches to the north, but I suspect they were similarly uncrowded.  No need to spend any money at this stop.  Your drink plan from the ship will work here.  Maybe be wary of the Island Market--magnets which I'm used to paying $5 or 6 for were $16!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

This thread makes me realize how "confusing" the smaller Hideaway Beach vs larger Coco Cay idea is.

I've never been there but the gist seems to be that Coco Cay is a large section of beach which is "free" but exclusive to RCL/X folks. The Hideaway Beach is the adults only bit within the larger Coco Cay area and carries with it an entry (of varying cost) that gets folks access to extras like ????.

And, if folks skip Hideaway, they can relatively easily find stretches of beach that are quiet and relatively uncrowded - some with lounges and easy access to food and some pools etc.?

I'm not sure what the upsell point is except along the lines of the upsell for specialty restaurants or the Retreat? Is there a special Retreat section of Coco too?  

The list of "free" stuff to do seems pretty long.  Adults only at Hideaway seems nice, but if the regular beaches are not crowded, kids tend to blend in anyway.

Coco Cay (technically the official name is Perfect Day at Coco Cay) is the island.

The island has different sections.

Chill Island, Breezy Bay, and South Beach have chairs and umbrellas that are free as well as beach beds and/or cabanas for a fee. I think there's a water play area for kids that isn't part of the water park, but as a solo adult I am not positive on that.

The water park area is for a fee.

The Beach Club is for a fee - and they also have even pricier cabanas that are over the water.

Hideaway Beach is for a fee. It is adults only, but it is a loud, party vibe, so if you're looking for quiet and relaxing, that ain't it.

There is no "Retreat Section" - you can purchase the Beach Club admission, but there is no suite-only exclusive section on the island.

• Like 1

I was just at Hideaway Beach this past March. It was during spring break so my adult daughter and I paid about $30 each. We found it uncrowded and quiet enough by walking all the way to the end of the beach near the over-the-water swings. We took out time getting off the ship but still got water-front chairs easily. We felt it worth the cost for an adult experience away from children. There are higher-end choices and beachfront bar service too. There is a large heated pool but you will hear the music there. Certain places are louder than others. There is also a bar with live music near the entrance. We were happy with our choice.

13 hours ago, Koohiichan said:

I was just at Hideaway Beach this past March. It was during spring break so my adult daughter and I paid about $30 each. We found it uncrowded and quiet enough by walking all the way to the end of the beach near the over-the-water swings. We took out time getting off the ship but still got water-front chairs easily. We felt it worth the cost for an adult experience away from children. There are higher-end choices and beachfront bar service too. There is a large heated pool but you will hear the music there. Certain places are louder than others. There is also a bar with live music near the entrance. We were happy with our choice.

Sounds like a nice beach day to me..

• Like 1

Coco Cay is a great free beach day. 

No charge for chairs, umbrellas, many great beaches, and lagoon style fresh water pool.  Drink package can be used, WiFi can be used and food is free.

For all those who have not been there and continue to comment of how it sounds just dreadful, just stop, until you have actually have been there.

So glad Celebrity is finally sailing there.

• Like 1