The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 30th, 2024

Good cool and sunny morning. It’s going up to 75 today and warmer tomorrow.

I was to College fijord on a southbound cruise from Seward years ago.

Birthday blessings to @kazuand @GTVCRUISER.

Graham @grapau27, have we convinced you to book HAL , loved the videos.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. Yesterday I drove my brother home after the aide arrived for the day. I then drive to my son’s home in New Hampshire. We arranged an aide for tonight and tomorrow for the evening hours but I was still a bit worried to leave.

My DD DH and I were fortunate to be able to attend many concerts over the years but I never got to see The Rolling Stones live. My DS and DDIL are going tonight to see them in Foxboro Massachusetts and I am keeping the DGC’s and  grand dog company. I listened to the new album on my ride up yesterday and they sounded really good. The reviews from the NY show were great. I just hope it stops raining and is not as cold as the weather people say…It was only 50 earlier and tonight it is going down to  forty later. I threw my puffy jacket  in the car at the last minute!

I have now been to the port and like the recipes for today. I am making a shrimp scampi dish that the kids like tonight. My Father in law had MS and in his time there was very little that could be done for patients. He had to retire early from a job in the garment district and by the time I met him he could no longer walk. 

@kazu, A very Happy Birthday to you. I am hoping that you will have less pain soon.

@GTVCRUISER, A very Happy Birthday as well!

@aliaschief, I am sad that your wonderful cruise is almost over but have very much enjoyed your pictures and posts. Thanks!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Happy Birthday Jacqui.  My birthday wish for you is to have a pain free year until next year's birthday. A bottle of wine will also help, so I hope you enjoy one today.

• Like 23

Good morning everyone from beautiful, sunny Montreal.  We arrived Tuesday afternoon and have been enjoying the Old Port, where we are staying prior to our cruise on the Volendam.  It’s been over ten years since we have been here and it’s been fun getting reacquainted.  We had dinner last evening at a lovely Polish restaurant called Stash that had live piano music and delicious food and drinks.  Pretty close to my grandmothers’ quality.

Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Two fun and one important day to recognize.  I set up the roof deck irrigation system before we left so hopefully the few containers of flowers that we planted are getting watered this morning.  

Sadly, the quote seems to be true in many cases.  

Yes to today’s food and drink, both sound delicious.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Praying for those on our care list.  Cheers to those of you who are celebrating happy events today.  Happy birthday to @kazu and @GTVCRUISER! 🎂🍾🎉

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I think I am creative, I overwater flowers and they die, and MS is such a horrible disease.  Agree with the quote, the meal and drink look tempting, no on the wine and I don't think College Fjord was on either of my 2 AK cruises.  I am not a race car fan. 

IMG_7864.thumb.JPG.badfcc97b7b4444d32f7abcacc3fd7fd.JPG

It is a nice start to the morning with 65F and low humidity (18%).  We will head up to mid to high 90s with lots of sunshine.  Did some cooking yesterday - chickpeas in the instant pot and then coated them with spices and air fried them to make a crunchy snack.  I "think" they would be healthier than some other things.  And a nice spaghetti with meatballs for dinner.

IMG_7866.thumb.JPG.e888aa0a836cf4bccb8b869c078bb340.JPG

I rarely answer my phone but have been doing so the last couple of weeks.  I am glad I did as yesterday I was chosen to be in an online focus group next week (a nice $150!!) and in a remote Rush University study ($250!!).  Cruise fund!!  🙂 This morning I think I will go to the gym to say Hi to the ladies I work out with.  Can't do anything and tomorrow is my post op appt with the surgeon; we will see what he says about doing "stuff".  I feel great (though the numbness is still there; he didn't think this surgery would fix that) and I just feel like my back is "tight" but I think I can walk further without pain.  I want to be able to twist but I don't think that will be allowed for a while.  

IMG_7871.JPG.2e52cbeb3971b371658a0be04cdef419.JPG

Thanks to @Sharon in AZ for the doc recommendation!!  I have an appt with her next week and the projected cost is lower so we will see what she says.  Happy Birthday to @kazu Jacqui and @GTVCRUISER!  Both of you have a great day!  Thoughts for all on the care list and cheers to those celebrating!!  Have a great day everyone!!

IMG_7872.thumb.JPG.91060d7295bc94364574415e0f5031b0.JPG

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning Dailyites from a cloudy 78 going to 89 with chance of storms later.

We had friends stop by last night and before I knew it, the clock chimed 11.  I'm fairly certain MSH will be sleeping in this morning. 

Graham, hoping you and Pauline get over the bug and feel better soon.

Jacqui I feel so bad for your aching foot and leg. When I log in to CC, I always say it would be so great to see you posting good health news.

Terri I hope you have much deserved fun at your concert.

Thanks to our faithful contributors.

We are thinking about going to a local center and get some shopping done, then for fish at our favorite place. Tonight is girls game night and it looks like the food will be overflowing on the counter.

Black eyed peas and cornbread 

Marinated shrimp

Fried hominy

"Everything" salad

Ice cream with crumble topping and Crown Royal caramel drizzle

Wishing everyone peace today. Blessings to you.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

In 1990, on my mother’s last cruise, we visited spectacular College Fjord.  We were on the Pacific Princess of Love Boat fame; so long ago, but a very happy memory scar.  

Happy Birthday wishes to @kazu and @GTVCRUISER!  Jacqui, so glad to hear that the weather is cooperating for your day!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm not particularly creative, will water the indoor plants, and hope a cure for MS will soon be discovered.  I just heard on the radio it is also National Milk Day - drink up!

Another cloudy, cool morning (12C or 53F) and its only supposed to go up another 4 degrees all day. We had some rain yesterday afternoon that lasted a couple of hours, so that meant we didn't have to water any of the outdoor pots.  The bad thing is that the rain basically glued all the fallen apple blossoms onto the patio, so I'll have to wait until they dry to scrape them off.  I usually sweep them up or use the leaf blower to blow them away, but that's not going to happen this time.

@kazuI hope you have an enjoyable birthday today and that you get some better results about your foot pain.  Enjoy the day, the cake, and most of all, the wine.

@GTVCRUISERHappy Birthday to you, too!

Not a lot happening on our agenda today; I think we're going to pick up our friend Ollie and take her out for lunch.  She's been getting out on her own, but I'm sure she'd appreciate having company to talk to over lunch.  After that we may head back to her place and go through more of Gord's things that we can help her donate and distribute.  

I'd like the drink of the day (have saved it for research purposes), will let others enjoy the wine, and I guess the menu suggestion could be a meal if you added in either cooked, seasoned ground beef or chicken.  DH has asked for hot dogs - how easy is that?  While we're out, I'll pick up a package of small sized tortillas to wrap them in, will cook the dogs in the air fryer and we can enjoy them along with potato salad (also bought) on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in the paths of storms and fires.  Cheers to all with celebrations!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

@Seasick Sailor, Joy, ha ha about the concert. I am staying with the kids while the parents have fun! They promised to be on their feet all night.

They might have to wear big coats as that stadium is chilly when it goes down to forty at night.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

Happy birthday to Jacqui and Gary!  I hope your day goes well. I like the today’s quote. It definitely fits what’s happening in the world today. 

Two people I met on the GANZ cruise are coming to dinner. David and Wayne have been friends for over 40 years and were lots of fun on the cruise. Wayne lives part time in Fort Lauderdale. He and Bea (another GANZ cruiser) are trying to talk me into the Pole to Pole I would have to cancel my Antartica and VOV cruise to afford it.  It is such a long cruise (133 days) I am afraid I would miss my munchkins to much. There are some positives, I would get the Amazon River on the P2P and could do a side trip to the Galápagos Islands ( for a hefty price) if I want to. I would see most of what I would one VOV and get more of Norway which I loved.  I would get close to Antartica but not step on it. A deposit needs to be by June 3rd to get the perks. Yikes!

More rain in the forecast for today. We have had a very wet spring. We should have a healthy crop of mosquitos this summer. 

Prayers and well wishes. Have a great day. 

If I were about 10 years younger, I would be on the Pole to Pole. Have done much of it at other times and when I was much more spry than I am now. The SA part of it is pretty amazing too.

• Like 15

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, I composed a reply in yesterday's thread and CC locked thread before I finished! I also read about the wellness check on the AMA website, which says that it's mainly to check for recommended screenings and immunizations.

The substance of the reply was that I'm willing to be examined by a PA or NP, but I won't accept medication changes that the doctor hasn't approved. About five years ago, the NP in the practice (not the current one) changed my blood-pressure medication in a way that required follow-up labs, but didn't order any, and I didn't know that they would be needed. If I hadn't broken my arm later that year, resulting in labs being done in the hospital, it could eventually have killed me.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good cool and sunny morning. It’s going up to 75 today and warmer tomorrow.

I was to College fijord on a southbound cruise from Seward years ago.

Birthday blessings to @kazuand @GTVCRUISER.

Graham @grapau27, have we convinced you to book HAL , loved the videos.

Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

Yes.

I liked the look of Nieuw Statendam and if the itinerary especially departure port is right I would happily get on.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Had my last chiropractic appointment this morning from the accident. Now to deal with the insurance to make sure the bills are paid and what kind of a settlement they’re going to offer me.

• Like 22

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

a Beach tree from DD's foyer!  Our little trip to Florida for college graduation must have inspired her!  Where she got the decorations for it, I have no idea!

Thank you for posting the close-ups! I was curious enough to run a search, and found that there are companies with entire lines of "coastal Christmas ornaments," including sharks, which I think I would rather not have if I were to do that sort of thing.

• Like 16

I'm in favor of creativity but there are times when it's not wanted. Are we supposed on water only one flower today? Too many people in my circle have MS.

I always made bean salad for my former organization's annual meeting, which revolved around grilled chicken and burgers. I'd skip the drink, because of the pineapple juice. Many Finger Lakes wineries grow pinot gris, so today I'll turn to one, Idol Ridge, that I haven't mentioned before, for its 2021 bottling. "Fruity, creamy, and savory with aromas of peach, pear, lemon zest, & vanilla," $20.

I haven't been to College Fjord and it's not in my 2025 itinerary. I'll think after the Panama Canal cruise about whether to keep that booking.

I lived in Indiana for some years, but as I was in Bloomington, I'm more familiar with the Little 500 (bicycle race).

requests.thumb.gif.d9b17de7245caa171add38e8f122f257.gif

• Like 21

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the  Fleet Report and Daily.  Three nice days to celebrate, especially MS Day.

I think there’s a lot of truth in Today’s quote.

Today is the traditional date for Memorial Day and it sounds like a nice start to the 500..

I have not been to College Fjord..

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Orange and Grapefruit Medley, Prime Rib of Beef au Jus, and Strawberry Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam May 30, 2015.

Best wishes for Graham and Pauline.  It  is bordering on chilly  today.   Primary doctor at 3:30 today.  My dental extraction tomorrow has been moved up 1:30 to 11.

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the  Fleet Report and Daily.  Three nice days to celebrate, especially MS Day.

I think there’s a lot of truth in Today’s quote.

Today is the traditional date for Memorial Day and it sounds like a nice start to the 500..

I have not been to College Fjord..

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Orange and Grapefruit Medley, Prime Rib of Beef au Jus, and Strawberry Sundae as served on MS Prinsendam May 30, 2015.

Best wishes for Graham and Pauline.  It  is bordering on chilly  today.   Primary doctor at 3:30 today.  My dental extraction tomorrow has been moved up 1:30 to 11.

Roy

Good luck Roy at your primary doctor's today and an easy dental extraction tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, 

It's overcast at the moment but the sun is trying to peek through. No rain in the forecast until a bit on Saturday but Sunday, the day I sail, is supposed to be over an inch of rain. 

@kazu Happy Birthday! May your day be one filled with good wishes and Ivan snuggles. 

@GTVCRUISER Happy Birthday! Loved the picture!

Today I actually plan to stay home which is unusual lately. I have plenty to do from making cookies (both chocolate chip and some sugar ones with a hint of cinnamon) to getting the suitcase out and starting the packing. DS will be over Saturday to do a few things and I'm hoping to be packed so he can put the bigger suitcase in the car for me. I have all but 3 grads now tracked down so that's also on the list for today. 

Have a lovely day everyone!

Karen

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1