Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

12 minutes ago, hokieparent said:

This is from item 4 in the article I referenced in my earlier post (the MSC info is later in the post): "In short, you are granted a status match that remains with you until you cruise enough to have points to move up to the next level. Points are only earned on the cruise line being sailed.   You only earn points in each respective program when you sail with that cruise line.  Points can not be added or moved between programs. This means even though you get a status with Celebrity, your point total will still be zero.  So you'll need to cruise enough to move up to the next tier. There is no time limit of when you can status match. "

Yeah, it is a little confusing. That is still true though; I think they are just trying to explain that you don't get the "points" of your matched level, just the level.  If you totally give up on one line and move to the other, you still will need to earn all the points to move up.  But if you do keep sailing both lines, and you end up moving up a level on one line, you do move up on the other line.

As an example, I matched from Royal to Celebrity when I was at the Platinum / Select level years ago. And once I moved up to Diamond in Royal, my level on Celebrity automatically and immediately moved up to Elite. It's less of a "status match" and more of a "status linkage".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, karl_nj said:

Great.  Thank you.  As I mentioned earlier, we are Emerald and will become Diamond on RCC this fall and are cruising for the first time on Celebrity in January.  So automatic linking for status matching will be wonderful.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hokieparent said:

This is from item 4 in the article I referenced in my earlier post (the MSC info is later in the post): "In short, you are granted a status match that remains with you until you cruise enough to have points to move up to the next level. Points are only earned on the cruise line being sailed.   You only earn points in each respective program when you sail with that cruise line.  Points can not be added or moved between programs. This means even though you get a status with Celebrity, your point total will still be zero.  So you'll need to cruise enough to move up to the next tier. There is no time limit of when you can status match. "

We are Zenith through earned points with Celebrity. Our Royal Caribbean account is already showing as Pinnacle due to the status matching. We were Diamond Plus due to status matching with Elite years ago and achieving enough points by sailing on Royal Caribbean to get to Diamond Plus.

We have friends who are Select with Celebrity but will become Elite after our January cruise unless achieved earlier through Power-Up Points which is possible because they are very close to Elite. So now they will become Platinum & Emerald with Royal Caribbean with which they have never sailed. When they make Elite with Celebrity after the January cruise, will they automatically become Diamond with Royal Caribbean? Should they wait to enroll in Royal Caribbean until after they become Elite with Celebrity, or should they enroll in Royal Caribbean (and Silversea) now and expect an automatic level-up to Diamond when they make Elite? According to karl_nj, it sounds like they be automatically leveled-up to Diamond when making Elite through the "status linkage".

Edited by TourDeCruise
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liao said:

If I were zenith and they used their “sole discretion” and turned me away, it would not be pretty.

Wow. I'm too much of a rule follower and would not want to run afoul of the security team. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

We have friends who are Select with Celebrity but will become Elite after our January cruise unless achieved earlier through Power-Up Points which is possible because they are very close to Elite. So now they will become Platinum & Emerald with Royal Caribbean with which they have never sailed. When they make Elite with Celebrity after the January cruise, will they automatically become Diamond with Royal Caribbean? 

Yeah, they will match to Platinum (not Emerald. not that there is a big difference) right now, if they enroll in C&A and get the linkage setup correctly.  And then once they hit Elite in CC then they should show up as Diamond in C&A.

I use the same username/password to login to the Celebrity and Royal Carribean websites. The technical term is "single sign on", but this basically makes it easier for the RCL group to link your C&A and CC numbers together in their computer system.  I do wonder how this is going to all work with the Sliversea system though, since that match is new.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

May be just a conjecture on my part.    Current Zenith's are also admitted on a space available basis and I thought I saw a provision that in those cases a Lounge would be setup for the non-suite Zenith's.   

Would it be a good assumption that the Celebrity Zeniths, the Pinnacles and the SS's top cruiser might not make it into Retreat but send to an Alternate Lounge??

I would hope so   I dont want the Retreat lounge jammed up with the DYKWIA (do you know who I am?) crowds from Royal demanding access in the lounge, sun deck and Luminae. 

what is killing airport clubs are associated memberships that allow access. What used to be an easy access to an airline club is now a torture - long lines, no early access, access only on departure, not arrival.  

4 minutes ago, karl_nj said:

Yeah, they will match to Platinum (not Emerald. not that there is a big difference) right now, if they enroll in C&A and get the linkage setup correctly.  And then once they hit Elite in CC then they should show up as Diamond in C&A.

I use the same username/password to login to the Celebrity and Royal Carribean websites. The technical term is "single sign on", but this basically makes it easier for the RCL group to link your C&A and CC numbers together in their computer system.  I do wonder how this is going to all work with the Sliversea system though, since that match is new.

Thank you! I don't know that they will cruise on Royal Caribbean, but it will be good for them to have some kind of status with Royal Caribbean should they choose to cruise with them.

2 minutes ago, tfred said:

I would hope so   I dont want the Retreat lounge jammed up with the DYKWIA (do you know who I am?) crowds from Royal demanding access in the lounge, sun deck and Luminae. 

I'm not a Pinnacle, but I think they will understand that they may or may not have access. This is how it works for their access to the Suite Lounge and Suite Restaurant on Royal. Not ever Pinnacle has access, sometimes it's based on the number of C&A points they have... the least Pinnacle Pinnacle can get shut out:

8_Access to Coastal Kitchen is reserved exclusively for guests staying in qualifying Suites. 
Pinnacle Club members also have the opportunity to enjoy meals in Coastal Kitchen, subject to 
availability. Daily reservations are required and can only be made with the Maître d’ once 
onboard. In situations where the number of eligible Suite & Pinnacle Club guests on a particular 
sailing exceeds the intended venue capacity, access for Pinnacle Club members will be 
restricted to the top guests onboard, as determined by their cruise points, and extended to one 
other non-Pinnacle Club guest staying in the same stateroom. The exact number of top guests 
who receive access will be determined on a per-sailing basis, depending on the venue’s 
capacity. Eligible Pinnacle Club members will be notified of their access on the first day of the 
cruise.

17_Access to the Suite/Concierge Lounge is reserved exclusively for guests staying in qualifying Suites. Pinnacle Club members may also enjoy access to the lounge, subject to availability. In situations where the number of eligible Suite & Pinnacle Club guests on a particular sailing exceeds the lounge’s intended capacity, access for Pinnacle Club members will be restricted to the top guests onboard, as determined by their cruise points, and extended to one other non-Pinnacle Club guest staying in the same stateroom. The exact number of top guests who receive access will be determined on a per-sailing basis, depending on the venue’s capacity.

I assume this is how it will work for Zenith on Royal also.... a "Pinnacle" with 0 C&A points is going to be at the end of the line....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TourDeCruise said:

Thank you! I don't know that they will cruise on Royal Caribbean, but it will be good for them to have some kind of status with Royal Caribbean should they choose to cruise with them.

Yeah, good to get that setup just in case; if they find a nice sailing on a Radiance Class ship with a good itinerary maybe they will want to check it out. And they should get the 4 daily drink vouchers they qualify for!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Its not automatic, you have to hit the link in the email.  All I did and says 7 days to they confirm the status match.  It might be a mess in the beginning getting all enrolled overall but it will eventually be worked out and clarified I would hope

Ours was automatic, I noticed we were suddenly Zenith when I logged into our celebrity account last night. I thought it was a mistake until I read the email announcing the merger.

Sherri🙂

18 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The VS discount only applies to new booking made after 5/30.

Thanks for that.  I made a port-to-port booking earlier this month that is refundable less $250 cancel fee.  So, if I cancel that one and rebook (it's still the same price today), I should come out ahead 10% less $250.  Yes/no?  I also know they give the $250 as a FCC, so I wonder if I could use it to rebook.  Probably not.

Just got emails from both Celebrity and Royal about a new status match program.

We are members of both programs.  

To me it doesn’t look like they changed anything.

Am I missing something?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Just got emails from both Celebrity and Royal about a new status match program.

We are members of both programs.  

To me it doesn’t look like they changed anything.

Am I missing something?

All tiers are now matched, and SilverSea is now included.

Edited by RTShaker

1 minute ago, RTShaker said:

All tiers are now matched.

Ok, so I still can’t earn Royal points while traveling on Celebrity and vice versa? 

4 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Ok, so I still can’t earn Royal points while traveling on Celebrity and vice versa? 

That is correct.  You still can only earn C&A on Royal and Captains Club on Celebrity sailings.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

You earn points on the cruise line you sail with. 

PInnacles  now match with Zenith, which was not true previously. We were Pinnacle when we first cruised Celebrity, but were only matched with Elite. We earned Elite Plus on our own. Now very happy to see we are Zenith. Saves a lot of $$ not having to upgrade either drinks pkg. or wi-fi. 

• Like 1

Just watched webinar with Laura and she say Zenith will always be admitted to Retreat. Matching Zeniths will be available if room available. That is great news. Now the match is great and thanks to X. 

19 hours ago, billc23 said:

This. I logged into my Royal account and I am listed as a Pinnacle. I logged into my Silversea account and I am listed as 500 days in the Venetian Society. Very simple indeed.

When did you request the status match?

if you have a  crown and anchor account, it is already updated to Pinnacle. I did not do anything. My spouse did it by registering. I was unable to use her email but was updated as I said. So if you have an account in C&A do not have to do anything. 

On 5/30/2024 at 8:50 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks for this. This was going to be my question. I started on Celebrity as Select based on matching with Royal. I've now earned - or will by the end of my cruise this summer - enough points on X to bump up to Elite on actual points. In the event that I go back on Royal Caribbean, you're saying it should bump me up to Diamond in C&A? Did you need to call about it ir did it just automatically happen?

This has always happened.  Nothing new in the reciprocal recognition and benefits.  I was elite with Celebrity over ten years ago, and received equivalent recognition and perks when cruising on RCI.  

Adding Silversea into the mix is really the main change.  (Apart from the Pinnacle/Zenith change.) Loyal Silversea passengers are not getting anything out of being included in the reciprocal recognition.  Most would not go near an RCI ship.

1 hour ago, Pennstatedj said:

Just watched webinar with Laura and she say Zenith will always be admitted to Retreat.

What was interesting was that she said something like "Zenith's with 3000 points will always be admitted... which all the Zenith's currently have."  It seemed like a weird way to describe it - as if they were adding a Zenith tier lower than where it is now, so less than 3000 points, who get certain perks but what would get retreat access.

13 minutes ago, Port Power said:

Adding Silversea into the mix is really the main change.  (Apart from the Pinnacle/Zenith change.) Loyal Silversea passengers are not getting anything out of being included in the reciprocal recognition.  Most would not go near an RCI ship.

Unless sailing with family.  The ones I’ve run across were quick to point out that they usually sail Silversea - while complaining about some facet of the cruise.

11 minutes ago, MNSails said:

What was interesting was that she said something like "Zenith's with 3000 points will always be admitted... which all the Zenith's currently have."  It seemed like a weird way to describe it - as if they were adding a Zenith tier lower than where it is now, so less than 3000 points, who get certain perks but what would get retreat access.

Maybe that refers to you have status but not points when you cross-match. So those RCCL cruisers who have matched in as Zenith but who do not have the points on Celebrity would not be admitted. They'd have to earn the 3000 points by cruising X and starting at 0 (or whatever amount they had if they had sailed Celebrity before)?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1