Interesting the update here on Celebrity Status match. Its a good thing Silversea included and levels changed

14 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I think Celebrity was smart in limiting access to Luminae. Royal has a huge problem now with all the Pinnacles and Coastal Kitchen. There are so many Pinnacles now (due in part to the double points they gave away so freely) that only the top x amount are allowed to eat there on some sailings, and even this can be a problem. Last sailing on Anthem in a GS there was a waiting line outside of Coastal every night and some of the suite guests were none too happy about it. I would say half of the people in the restaurant were wearing pins.

And it’s only going to get worse. I think with this recent change of status match we’re going to see changes across the board and I don’t think it will be for the better. The number of Pins is growing faster than I think Royal realized would happen. We booked an OS on the Anthem in August and we fully expect to be able to use CK. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Yes -- we do.  It is the Zenith logo as on the luggage tags.  I've only seen a very few Zeniths actually wear one.  

Someone told me several years ago that the pinnacles on RC are "into" wearing their pinnacle pins, and she was happy that parading around wearing a Zenith pin was not popular on Celebrity.    

Royal had to make the name tags. Years ago there was passengers who somehow was able to have name tags made that looked exactly like the crew members name tags and they proudly wore them all around the ship. It caused confusion with other guests. 

8 minutes ago, Cruising89143 said:

Royal had to make the name tags. Years ago there was passengers who somehow was able to have name tags made that looked exactly like the crew members name tags and they proudly wore them all around the ship. It caused confusion with other guests. 

I remember that!!! But it was on Princess - I actually saw someone wearing one.

(Does that age me?)

On 6/1/2024 at 8:52 AM, chamima said:

If we have no status on RCCI or Celebrity we get a referral offer for our first Silversea cruise but if we DO have status we lose that offer? (And what exactly is a "Referral Offer?)

The "Referral Offer Benefit" in the below statement is in regard of a person who wants to refer, not a person wo will be referred.  So, it means that you must have at least 1 cruise with SS in order to refer someone regardless whether you got any SS Venetian Society status due ONLY to matching RCCL or/and Celebrity status.

i. Sail with Us Referral Offer. A Member must earn at least 1 VS Day to be eligible for the Sail with Us Referral Offer Benefit.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2024 at 4:55 PM, Northern Aurora said:

Yes -- we do.  It is the Zenith logo as on the luggage tags.  I've only seen a very few Zeniths actually wear one.  

Someone told me several years ago that the pinnacles on RC are "into" wearing their pinnacle pins, and she was happy that parading around wearing a Zenith pin was not popular on Celebrity.    

We seldom wear our pins - I haven't had mine on in years, since one of the port agents in NOLA saw it and yelled out, "We have a Pinnacle! Make way for the Pinnacle," and then dragged me past about 30 people waiting to go through security. I still wonder if he was trying to embarrass me - if so, it worked. Had the line been 100+ maybe I would have just grinned and borne it.

I have friends who either love their pins or somehow feel obligated to wear them. I don't understand either point of view, but I accept it.

On 6/2/2024 at 7:29 PM, Missusdubbya said:

I have seen Pinnacles wearing them at Ports of Call on excursions 😁

I've seen them in the CVS in Key West.

On 6/2/2024 at 11:42 PM, cublet said:

Hello,

I've seen them worn around the pool. The weight of them does cause the top half of a bikini to reveal rather more than it should.

I only wear my pin badge on formal nights.

Regards,

Cublet

The current pins weigh half of what the old ones did. The original could pull down a shirt - not something you want to see at dinner!

Most Pinnacles that I've met are perfectly nice people and don't put on airs. The ones who do simply aren't in my orbit. Among the many things that I love about Celebrity is how there isn't a constant undercurrent of "how many points do YOU have?" 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2024 at 9:29 PM, Missusdubbya said:

I have seen Pinnacles wearing them at Ports of Call on excursions 😁

On 6/3/2024 at 1:42 AM, cublet said:

I've seen them worn around the pool...

Soon you will see them being worn on Celebrity ships also!

Edited by cruisegus
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, critterchick said:

Most Pinnacles that I've met are perfectly nice people and don't put on airs. The ones who do simply aren't in my orbit. Among the many things that I love about Celebrity is how there isn't a constant undercurrent of "how many points do YOU have?" 

We have never had anyone ask us and we don't ask what tier levels or cruise points. No matter the cruise line.  Same with politics and religion. Way too many other interesting things to talk about. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, doghog said:

We have never had anyone ask us and we don't ask what tier levels or cruise points. No matter the cruise line.  Same with politics and religion. Way too many other interesting things to talk about. 

So true 👍 especially staying away from the last 2 topics.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, doghog said:

having shared tables with many Americans on numerous cruises including - 2 US Presidential Elections and the UK's Euro Brexit Referendum - we have many very interesting "political" with a small "p" discussions. All discussions around the differences between the systems in our respective countries. All very amicable. 

• Like 2

Royal makes a big deal out of the loyalty status at the Top Tier event and Cheers With An Officer luncheons...........pictures, bottles of champagne, awards for milestones, crystal blocks etc. They are proud of the numbers participating and announce how many folks are on the cruise at each level. It is a part of the Royal culture to visibly celebrate...........people wearing pins is just part of the recognition that is valued by management and therefore their customers. 

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 1:18 PM, Cruising89143 said:

Jason Liberty stated in the article linked below that this is just step one and that there might be more changes to come. With the high number of D+, ElitePlus, Zenith and the huge numbers of Pinnacles I suspect we will see perks change and not for the better. Would not be surprised to see Celebrity move to the voucher program for drinks based upon status level like Royal currently has. Pinnacles receiving the Premium drink package will be reason enough to move over to X. Right now they receive six daily drink vouchers and they have to use them in the suite lounge if the access. Guess time will tell but I personally do not view this change as a positive. 

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-silversea-status-match/

We do get 6 drinks, but we can use them anywhere except for the Bionic Bar.

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 2:46 PM, DaKahuna said:

…The Pinnacles really make out with the free Deluxe Beverage Package vs 6 free drinks.  Not to mention free laundry and free Premium WiFi.  I do not see a lot of Zenith's rushing to Royal Caribbean sailins as a result of this, but I do see a lot of Pinnacles headed to Celebrity. 

The Pinnacles have always gotten a free bag of laundry and free wifi, at least as long as I can remember. There is no basic versus premium wifi anymore when they started using Starlink. Isn’t X using Starlink also?

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

The Pinnacles also get a free bag of laundry and free wifi. There is no basic versus premium wifi anymore when they started using Starlink. Isn’t X using Starlink also?

Yes ,Celebrity uses Starlink

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 3:14 PM, orville99 said:

Zenith benefits are definitely better than Pinnacle benefits. On RCL, the internet is only comp’d on Oasis class. Quantum class, and Icon class ships. Laundry perk is the same on both lines, and the drink package is a big plus on X.

Pinnacles get free wifi on any of Royals ships, not just certain classes.

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Pinnacles get free wifi on any of Royals ships, not just certain classes.

Compare to the Pinnacles( pushy and aggressive ) I met on RCL and Zenith of Celebrity are like Saints 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Compare to the Pinnacles( pushy and aggressive ) I met on RCL and Zenith of Celebrity are like Saints 😁

Sorry you met some crappy Pins. Not sure why some people let “status” go to their heads, but DH and I are the same as we were before we made Pin. I’ve met many nice Pins and maybe we will have a chance to cruise with you.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Sorry you met some crappy Pins. Not sure why some people let “status” go to their heads, but DH and I are the same as we were before we made Pin. I’ve met many nice Pins and maybe we will have a chance to cruise with you.

I feel that a small group of Pinnacles give the rest of us a bad reputation unfortunately. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The Pinnacles have always gotten a free bag of laundry and free wifi, at least as long as I can remember. There is no basic versus premium wifi anymore when they started using Starlink. Isn’t X using Starlink also?

Zeniths get free laundry not a free bag.  Wash and fold, pressing, dry cleaning.  

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 6:12 AM, Liao said:

If I were zenith and they used their “sole discretion” and turned me away, it would not be pretty.

Hmm, sounds like some of the Pinnacles people are talking about on here. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Has that been recent?

I am sorry, but I don't know when nor how long the program ran for.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I feel that a small group of Pinnacles give the rest of us a bad reputation unfortunately. 

Totally agree. 

• Like 1