The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday May 31st, 2024

Good afternoon from, do I dare say it, a mostly sunny central Texas.  It is 79F and doesn't feel too bad in the shade.  We didn't get any rain this morning.

The golf card was delivered about 10:30 this morning, and we've taken it for a couple of rides.  Our old golf cart had the governor set at 11mph, but this one will go 25 mph.  It has two setting high and low, and since the speed limit in the community is 10mph we're keeping it on low.  The quick response from the accelerator takes a little getting used to, but it's easy to drive.  Here are a couple of pictures.

20240531_132930.jpg.41dce34b2dbce804833d4bda7749e881.jpg

20240531_133044.jpg.af7812c6b83dc6bf0ba69629fad65f22.jpg

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning, Dailyites,  I told Pat that you all wished him a happy birthday and he wondered how you knew.  I said, Vanessa knows all!  Hope Jacqui had a happy day yesterday.  We had a nice few days in Bellingham, spent our limit, and now we are home again.  I have my doctor's appointment this morning - I dreamt he told me there was nothing more they could do for me....  However, I did see the ultrasound results on line, and it suggests a malignancy, and then the report disappeared, so I imagine they want the doctor to inform me!  Life is interesting as you get old.  Pat is 88 today, and he is off to England on Tuesday to spend some time with his cousin who is having his 94th birthday next Thursday.  

Ann, I hope Pat has a safe trip Tuesday, and a wonderful time at his cousin's 94th birthday.

53 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

On the oral surgery front, I got the sutures removed from my lower front jaw area yesterday...all looks good, return in 3 months to see if the implants can be placed --- she put in the hardware when she did the extractions.  Mouth is way less tender & I think I might be able to bite something firmer than pudding or tapioca later today --  YAY!!

It's interesting how different doctors have different instructions for after oral surgery.  My dentist used dissolving stiches that were gone by the one week check up.  I was allowed to eat anything within reason as long as I chewed the firmer food on the other side.  I go back in August for the impressions.

39 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Back from the doctor and haircut.  There is a carcinoma, and the doctor is sending me to a surgeon - probably for just a lumpectomy, and see how it goes.  Now the waiting begins!    So relieved to be able to get a haircut without an appointment, I feel lightheaded without all that hair.

Ann, I'm sorry they found a carcinoma, and I hope they caught it early, and that you can just have a lumpectomy.  You will be in our thoughts.  I know what you mean about how good it feels after a haircut.

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the  Fleet Report and Daily.  Three nice days to celebrate, especially Save Your Hearing Day.

Great quote by Tolkein..

Interesting day in UK/Canadian history

I visited Port Said just once, on Silver Whisper in 2007..

I’ll pass on the meal.  My alternative is as Iced Melon Bisque, Mixed Gourmet Greens, Chicken and Corn Soup, and Fruit Cup au Natural served on MS Prinsendam May 31, 2015.

Back home to stay.  Tooth still oozing blood and mouth still numbed..

Roy

Roy, I'm glad the extraction went well.  Did they give you any dental gauze to place on the extraction site until the bleeding stopped?  My dentist suggested if the bleeding didn't stop fairly soon, to use a moistened tea bag instead of the gauze.  The tannic acid n the tea helps form a clot and stops the bleeding.  It definitely slowed the bleeding down for me, but I wish I'd had a smaller tea bag than the family size.  Be sure to use any pain medicine that was prescribed.

Now, I think I'll take my book outside and enjoy the nice day.

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning and Happy Friday. It’s hot and here to stay. I don’t know how Pennie can survive without the AC. We do keep it warmer usually 79, sometimes 78 if I’m cooking, and you get used to that. Overnight I have to have it on 74. The pool is still too cold but maybe this weekend I’ll test the water. 

Ann @Vict0riann, Happy Birthday to DH Pat!  And to you—prayers for your results. Don’t worry too much about them, remember these are radiologists looking at them not your doctor. The doctor I worked for would often not even look at the written results until she reviewed the actual films. 

I’m passing on the MOD and drink and wine. I’ll probably never get to the port. We are having leftovers today and tomorrow. The days are good. Hearing safety is very important. When I was first starting in the medical field I worked for a large ENT group and learned so much. I wish my DM didn’t have hearing issues but it runs in the family. Going to a family reunion was like going to a shouting match. 

@erewhon, I’m happy to read your test results were good. 

Graham @grapau27, thank you for the pictures and videos of the NS.  I love hearing your voice on the videos!  I hope you are feeling better. 

Elizabeth @Haljo1935, maybe I missed something but I haven’t read you talk about work lately. Did you retire?  I hope your shoulder issues get better and you can book the cruise. Your rains and storms sound intense. 

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you for your nice words Sharon.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Back from the doctor and haircut.  There is a carcinoma, and the doctor is sending me to a surgeon - probably for just a lumpectomy, and see how it goes.  Now the waiting begins!    So relieved to be able to get a haircut without an appointment, I feel lightheaded without all that hair.

I'm sorry to hear this Ann.

Prayers 🙏 you get a quick appointment and early treatment to get rid of the carcinoma.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@Vict0riann I’m sorry to hear your news,  scary as you navigate all this,  but often things are very treatable.  Hope you don’t have to wait too long.   My mom even had a lumpectomy at 94, and did well.  Wishing you the best possible outcome! 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

Lenda, nice golf cart! Lot's of fun riding!

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding the no smoking cartoon from @Copper10-8 Can someone enlighten me?

@Vict0riann sorry to hear your news. You are in my prayers. 

I got it but maybe because I am German. In Germany and maybe Holland The jacket he had on is known as a smoking, hence he takes it off for no smoking! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

Posted (edited)

@Vict0riann, you and Pat are on the Norway/Transatlantic cruise we have booked in October, 2025. We are looking forward to seeing you once again - happy, healthy, and having a wonderful time!
My very best,

Robin

Edited by Live4cruises
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Lenda, nice golf cart! Lot's of fun riding!

I'm sorry, but I'm not understanding the no smoking cartoon from @Copper10-8 Can someone enlighten me?

@Vict0riann sorry to hear your news. You are in my prayers. 

A "smoking" is another word for tuxedo in some countries 😉 "No smoking" resulted in the guy taking off his tux

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)

@Vict0riann, Ann, I was sorry to see your news and hope the surgery can be done soon.

I had the opportunity to go with my fellow grandma to a beautiful garden in Goffstown New Hampshire.

Pictures for the Garden Club

IMG_0828.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 7

@Vict0riann I am sorry the imaging showed a carcinoma, but glad they caught it and hope it can be treated easily and quickly.  Sending you warm and healing thoughts.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser Love the golf cart!

@rafinmd Ice cream is a good meal after a tooth extraction.  The cold helps with the pain and the bleeding and it goes down very smoothly.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

...The golf card was delivered about 10:30 this morning, and we've taken it for a couple of rides.  Our old golf cart had the governor set at 11mph, but this one will go 25 mph.  It has two setting high and low, and since the speed limit in the community is 10mph we're keeping it on low.  The quick response from the accelerator takes a little getting used to, but it's easy to drive.  Here are a couple of pictures.

20240531_132930.jpg.41dce34b2dbce804833d4bda7749e881.jpg

20240531_133044.jpg.af7812c6b83dc6bf0ba69629fad65f22.jpg

Very nice - all shiny and new! I hope Golf Cart provides you as many happy memories as did Previous Golf Cart.😎

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Elizabeth @Haljo1935, maybe I missed something but I haven’t read you talk about work lately. Did you retire?  I hope your shoulder issues get better and you can book the cruise. Your rains and storms sound intense.

You are correct - I've not mentioned work in several weeks as I felt like I was stuck in a negative space /spiral and wanted to give myself some room to re-center. Or as some say "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." 😉

None of the Drs would sign the FMLA LOA or Accom papers (even though they're prescribing PT, etc) so I've been off work without pay for 5 weeks. I updated my status myself to RTW effective Mon 5/27, so this is the end of my first week back. That created a stir and my phone rang first thing Tues when the HR Mgr started her day. She wanted to know where the papers are. 🤷‍♀️

I think it will end w/me leaving and filing for SS.

I've doubled up on PT and OT has been added, so it does pull me away from work a lot. Not sure how any Dr can think that's not worthy of a signature.

Thanks for checking on me.

As long as Dr clears me for travel, I plan on going on the cruise - hope to know soon. I see him (surgeon) again next week.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Hugs and prayers 🙏 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda, 10 miles per hour?? I'd be naming him Mr. Magoo..

Joy, if you our roads, you would understand the 10 mph speed limit.

5 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@Vict0riann, Ann, I was sorry to see your news and hope the surgery can be done soon.

I had the opportunity to go with my fellow grandma to a beautiful garden in Goffstown New Hampshire.

Pictures for the Garden Club

IMG_0828.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg

Terry, thanks for the beautiful pictures.

5 hours ago, dfish said:

@Vict0riann I am sorry the imaging showed a carcinoma, but glad they caught it and hope it can be treated easily and quickly.  Sending you warm and healing thoughts.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser Love the golf cart!

@rafinmd Ice cream is a good meal after a tooth extraction.  The cold helps with the pain and the bleeding and it goes down very smoothly.  

Thanks, Debbie.  It's more comfortable and quieter than our old gas one.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 11

Good evening!  I checked the temperature at 6:30 and it was 99 and then checked the pool temperature and it was 85 so decided to take my first dip of the season. It was delightful, cool but once in not too bad. The weather forecast looks good for more pool time. 

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

You are correct - I've not mentioned work in several weeks as I felt like I was stuck in a negative space /spiral and wanted to give myself some room to re-center. Or as some say "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything." 😉

None of the Drs would sign the FMLA LOA or Accom papers (even though they're prescribing PT, etc) so I've been off work without pay for 5 weeks. I updated my status myself to RTW effective Mon 5/27, so this is the end of my first week back. That created a stir and my phone rang first thing Tues when the HR Mgr started her day. She wanted to know where the papers are. 🤷‍♀️

I think it will end w/me leaving and filing for SS.

I've doubled up on PT and OT has been added, so it does pull me away from work a lot. Not sure how any Dr can think that's not worthy of a signature.

Thanks for checking on me.

As long as Dr clears me for travel, I plan on going on the cruise - hope to know soon. I see him (surgeon) again next week.

I’m not sure why some doctors/providers are reluctant to sign off on FMLA. When I broke my hand in 2019 I asked the orthopedic doctor to sign FMLA papers because I was out of PTO time since I was part time. He said that I wouldn’t need it, that I could still work. Goodness, I was constantly typing, how could I continue to type and keep up?  I had a cast and limited finger movement with that hand. He ended up signing it since I was out of PTO but I could tell he didn’t want to. It came in handy for appointments and I ended up figuring out how to type without two of my fingers. 

I’m sorry it’s been a struggle for you. I can see how having appointments would reduce your work hours. How a doctor can’t understand that is crazy. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the Daily information.

@Sharon in AZ  thank you for your kind words.

@Vict0riann  belated Happy birthday wishes to Pat.  

We have had a sunny but very windy day, temperature 21 C, very unusual for winter. 

It was a good opportunity to get in the garden and cut back the Chrysanthemums that have been too wet to do until today..

• Like 7

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐰 for good luck this month for us all.

It is 55°F and sunny this morning at 09.00am in North East England.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 5