Best time to visit martini bar on Constellation?

tbmrt

We were on a Virgin Voyages cruise in June to the Southern Caribbean and although we enjoyed the ports and liveliness of it, we decided to do a more relaxing cruise early this December.  We chose the Connie with plans to enjoy sitting on the balcony, the food, shows, and our beloved Martini Bar.

Last time we were on Celebrity the Martini Bar was always packed so difficult to get a seat.  Would appreciate suggestions for best time to visit it and still be able to have the ambiance of the waiters' antics. 

I always find if you get ready for evening early we enjoy martini bar between 5 to 630 whilst people are still out sunbathing or getting ready for dinner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tbmrt said:

We were on a Virgin Voyages cruise in June to the Southern Caribbean and although we enjoyed the ports and liveliness of it, we decided to do a more relaxing cruise early this December.  We chose the Connie with plans to enjoy sitting on the balcony, the food, shows, and our beloved Martini Bar.

Last time we were on Celebrity the Martini Bar was always packed so difficult to get a seat.  Would appreciate suggestions for best time to visit it and still be able to have the ambiance of the waiters' antics. 

I’m certain that once you are on board and get a feel for the lay of the land, you’ll get the best sense of peak and quieter times, which will vary from sea days v port.

I was on Constellation in Feb and there was no chance of getting a drink there before dinner (I go to dinner at 6).

I found the best time to go was after I had eaten dinner, then I was able to get a drink there.

• Like 1

On our recent cruise on the Constellation in Mar we never stopped at the Martini bar.  It was always packed especially from 5 to 7 during the Elite HH because those drinks are available there.   It was the same at the other bars.  When you have over 1000 elite and above on almost every cruise it isn’t going to change and will get worse. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sweep2907 said:

I always find if you get ready for evening early we enjoy martini bar between 5 to 630 whilst people are still out sunbathing or getting ready for dinner.

You must have hit it just right.  I can never, ever find a seat at those times on my many Celebrity cruises.  

• Like 1

My opinion is there is no good time.  It is always jammed.  The best of the worst, though, if you want a drink before dinner is to go right before the first seating in the MDR takes place.  Sometimes you may get lucky by doing that.  I also try to find a seat nearby and when someone leaves, don't hesitate - make your run for it because if you snooze you lose.

If the Martini Bar is a “must see” for you, the best time to try the martinis and have some breathing room is, close to opening hour (except embarkation day)

Depending on the day, that time can range from 2pm to 4pm.

You’ll miss some of the flair of the more crowded times, but you will still get some shows during these off hours.

Good Luck

Randy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, miched said:

On our recent cruise on the Constellation in Mar we never stopped at the Martini bar.  It was always packed especially from 5 to 7 during the Elite HH because those drinks are available there.   It was the same at the other bars.  When you have over 1000 elite and above on almost every cruise it isn’t going to change and will get worse. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

5 to 7 are popular times to be drinking regardless of status.

@tbmrt Not sure what your hours are but I found that if you go to the martini bar around 8:30 pm it is usually pretty easy to get a seat.  The 8 PM show is what most folks want to see, and with the late show starting around 9 pm the crowd just seems to thin out.  It normally stays that way until around 10 pm when the theater lets out and everyone wants to grab a nightcap. 

I was on Reflection and Beyond earlier this year. I always managed to get a seat for us at the bar. We usually get there after getting ready for dinner around 4:50 ish.

Sometime I did have to wait a bit but when people get up to go to dinner I seemed to always be in the right spot to grab their seats..

I agree there are times it is packed..

My late husband thought anytime was a good time to go to the Martini Bar. I have to caveat this to say all his martinis were consumed aboard ships. He didn’t drink them at home.

We were walking inside one day, on the Solstice I think, and he wanted to drop down to deck 4. We made a loop and I thought we were passing the Martini Bar about 4:30, but he sat down and said he was going to order a martini. So much for our walk.

Anytime it's open, I don't have to have a seat front and center, but I never have any issues in getting myself and my Bride a drink.  

• Like 2

On 6/3/2024 at 4:25 AM, hcat said:

what are less crowded alternatives?

On M class our favorite is definitely the Rendezvous Lounge.  Lots of seating so you can almost always find a decent one.  Live music.  A dance floor if you are so inclined.  Can't get your specialty martinis there but all else is great.  On S class we go to Ensemble.  Similar, although much smaller so sometimes it is also too full to get a seat.