beds together

george35

On a recent cruise on THE ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS CABIN #7229 WE ASKED TO HAVE OUR BEDS PUT TOGETHER ( we have been married for 67 yrs) & were told buy the room stewart that it couldnt be done. We let it go but it made our cruise like we were with strangers, my question was he right or just didnt want to be bothered??

george35

34 minutes ago, ManfromFrance said:

All staterooms and suites have Royal King size beds which may be converted to two single beds. Some staterooms are configured in an L shape which prohibit the conversion of the twin beds into a Royal King size bed.

What ships have that L configuration?  I know Sovereign did but is long gone.

1 hour ago, ManfromFrance said:

Long time cruiser, little user of Cruise critic.  I quoted from the Royal Caribbean website. 

Future suggestion, when quoting from a web page, put a link to that web page in your post.  Without the link, it makes it sound like YOU have the knowledge/information.

4 hours ago, george35 said:

On a recent cruise on THE ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS CABIN #7229 WE ASKED TO HAVE OUR BEDS PUT TOGETHER ( we have been married for 67 yrs) & were told buy the room stewart that it couldnt be done. We let it go but it made our cruise like we were with strangers, my question was he right or just didnt want to be bothered??

george35

Stuff and nonsense.

5 hours ago, george35 said:

george35

offical from Royal.....Sounds like a very lazy or very new steward. 

Adventure of the Seas
Cabin # 7229
Category 6V - Interior Stateroom

Description: 
Interior staterooms have two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, sitting area with sofa, vanity area, and bathroom. 

Occupancy: 
Can accommodate up to 2 guests in this particular cabin

Size: 
151 sq ft sq ft*

• Like 1

11 hours ago, george35 said:

george35

If it was me in this situation, I would be talking to corporate. That was unacceptable behavior on behalf of your room stewart. They may give you some money back, or at least some money towards another cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, george35 said:

george35

Why didn't you escalate this to guest services?

• Like 1

After having cruised many times on RCL and Celebrity, never really made a preference for bed config. Always had the beds together as a king. Not sure why you experienced the issue you had but seems to me a bit of laziness and "don't care" attitude from your cabin steward. 

This may or may not be the issue, but we were once assigned a GTY cabin that was so small you couldn't get through the room without hugging the wall and walking sideways. Once the beds were separated, you could walk normally.
I'd suggest imagining the space between the beds, cut in half. Can you go through the room without walking sideways?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OldCaver said:

This may or may not be the issue, but we were once assigned a GTY cabin that was so small you couldn't get through the room without hugging the wall and walking sideways. Once the beds were separated, you could walk normally.
I'd suggest imagining the space between the beds, cut in half. Can you go through the room without walking sideways?

Here's a screenshot of a similar inside cabin on Adventure.  As you can see, there is very little space between the bed and sofa / desk.  It would be much easier to get into the bed(s) when they are separated.

image.png.d348721626445fddfde258dc28ec188e.png

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Here's a screenshot of a similar inside cabin on Adventure.  As you can see, there is very little space between the bed and sofa / desk.  It would be much easier to get into the bed(s) when they are separated.

image.png.d348721626445fddfde258dc28ec188e.png

Yes, that's what I'm talkin' about. Separating those beds will give you usable floor space, and while you couldn't cuddle all night, you could still snuggle bunny when the mood strikes, if you get my meaning.

• Haha 1

Well, I'm disappointed for you that you did not get what you wanted. I think we would have been more adamant about it.

The photo above sort of shows what our cabins look like, except that we always have more walking space at the bottom corners of the bed; this looks like the sofa and cabinets almost touch it. It's worth it to us to have the narrow walkway at both sides, and the king bed that we want.  It doesn't feel crowded to us!

Before our recent cruises, we've received an email asking for any special needs, such as two beds, sharps containers, etc. Thinking I had clicked Bed Setup for King, I submitted, then realized there was no such choice. King is the default.  I worried that we would have twins, but as it turned out, we got our King.  Did you get that email? Any chance it registered you as twins when you submitted any other request (if you did)?  But even so, the steward should have honored your onboard request.

One other time, we arrived to find two singles, mentioned it when we met our cabin steward, and it was fixed within an hour.

I do give those 100-pound stewards credit for hefting big furniture around....but they are there to honor our requests, and yours should have been done.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OldCaver said:

Yes, that's what I'm talkin' about. Separating those beds will give you usable floor space, and while you couldn't cuddle all night, you could still snuggle bunny when the mood strikes, if you get my meaning.

I don't ... What do you mean? Do you mean snuggle with your bunny stuffed animals? That does sound like a fun thing to do when your spouse is in a separate bed! 

My thinking is that if the beds are separated, you could use one for sleeping together, and one for "snuggle bunny" 🤣 (I obviously got your reference; I was just having fun above).

• Haha 2