Help! Are all celebrity cruises for people over 55?

Oliver6144

Thank you everyone.  In hindsight I should not have made it about age, I should have said they were looking for more to do at night.   They also enjoy being active during the day!  I prefer lounging around.   Everyone has their own tastes as to what they want to do.  Just looking for more variety!

Again, thank you for all your input.  I think we will stick to Royal for the next one.

Edited by Oliver6144
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I didn't find Edge to be party party party. No more so than Summit last summer.

I did.  

When I compare Millenium to Edge there is no comparison.  Relaxing and tranquil vs. party party party.

I prefer the Millenium myself.   But it sounds like the OP would like something more lively ...

Edited by NMTraveller

Would there be more families with kids during summers/ school breaks?

The vibe and activites appeal to me and my kid, and its one of the options I'm considdering for a future vacation. The sailing I am considering is Solstice class if this makes a difference.

Edited by Ginger2016

I would say that if you desire a younger demographics on Celebrity,  Choose a Edge Class Caribbean Cruise during the summer month.    The shorter the cruise the more likely you will find a younger crowd.   While you may enjoy there is no way I would ever do a 2-3 day booze cruise.

Another good selection may be any ship class during College Spring Break.  

Many 55+ cruiser select longer cruises (+10 days) and Repositioning cruises due to the fact that there are fewer kids and the fact they don't have to limit their cruising to meet limited annual  vacation.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oliver6144 said:

Thank you everyone.  In hindsight I should not have made it about age, I should have said they were looking for more to do at night.   They also enjoy being active during the day!  I prefer lounging around.   Everyone has their own tastes as to what they want to do.  Just looking for more variety!

Again, thank you for all your input.  I think we will stick to Royal for the next one.

ASCENT in Jan was very much a party ship..way past  the usual end time!  The CD was a party guy and the crowd responded.  Also had alot of sports and games during the day in usually quiet spaces.. 

Guess it all depends!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Oliver6144 said:

The age group does not intimidate me   I happen to be over 60 and like I said I loved the cruise they found it boring and not much nightlife   

Ah - got it. Celebrity's vibe has always been more martini bar and less disco. Even when there are parties (NYE for example), they wrap up before 1 am. 

• Like 1

@island lady   You might want to read @GenerationX live post from Reflection.   She is currently on a 3 day cruise and was reporting what it is like.    Sounds like a booze cruise for sure and I've asked her to report on the demographics.

She will be an excellent source of information and is an incredible CC member who post great live reviews.  

Another great poster that is posting  @Norwaylady who is currently posting live from Infinity in Greece.    She and her husband are in your demographics and traveling with their nephew who is a teen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not all passengers on Celebrity are over 55. Some are over 80 and very lucky to live that long and still enjoy a cruise regardless of cruise line. 

May you all live past 55 to remember those who feel those over 55 should not cruise on Celebrity or that if they cruise on Celebrity they are ruining it for those under 55. 

SMH!!!!!!!! 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

OP...I would definitely send your bored friends over to the new "mega theme park" ships on RCI. 

We are headed to Viking and Celebrity to get away from that party crowd.  Not our thing.  

Pat, we also stay away from RCs mega ships and any cruises less than 7 days. No matter the cruise line. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My sister did a European cruise last year and took her 3 children and there spouse’s and her 3 grandchildren two were 20 one was 18 and they loved it , the three grandchildren did a rccl oasis class the previous year with there parents but preferred celebrity E class. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. Glad to see people leaving RCI. With the size of their ships and capacity, it should make a big difference when you all move to another line. We will miss you.

2. Let us know how you like Viking as we already know how you like Celebrity as we do. 

3. People are leaving Celebrity because of over 55, must wear long pants in MDR, can't wear a baseball cap in the MDR, too many kids, etc. So, where are you all going????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oliver6144 said:

Our Transpacific in Apr - the average age of our cruise must have been well over 70. But people still danced the night away. Yes, it wasn't the booze crowd you get on Carnival or Royal and that I like 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ginger2016 said:

Would there be more families with kids during summers/ school breaks?

The vibe and activites appeal to me and my kid, and its one of the options I'm considdering for a future vacation. The sailing I am considering is Solstice class if this makes a difference.

We don’t have kids but have sailed on a lot of holiday cruises where there were hundreds of kids. From what we were told by those parents, the kids club is very good. But if kids want water slides & flow riders, they’ll be bored. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Not all passengers on Celebrity are over 55. Some are over 80 and very lucky to live that long and still enjoy a cruise regardless of cruise line. 

May you all live past 55 to remember those who feel those over 55 should not cruise on Celebrity or that if they cruise on Celebrity they are ruining it for those under 55. 

SMH!!!!!!!! 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Oliver6144 said:

Well, when you get tired of the Caribbean on Royal, come on over to Europe and enjoy the Adriatic on E-class.  The demographics are quite engaging, not to mention a great gym, exciting ports, history culture and everything in-between!

IMG_2182.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Oliver6144 said:

All I heard was everyone was over 55, which I disagreed with.

I disagree as well. We spent spring break on Reflection this year - we were under 50 with a young teen. We all loved it, so I booked Beyond and Ascent for next year - I head the crowd is even younger.

IF you go during a school break, you will encounter much younger people.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

We don’t have kids but have sailed on a lot of holiday cruises where there were hundreds of kids. From what we were told by those parents, the kids club is very good. But if kids want water slides & flow riders, they’ll be bored. 

What kid does not want flowriders and waterslides?

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Well, when you get tired of the Caribbean on Royal, come on over to Europe and enjoy the Adriatic on E-class.  The demographics are quite engaging, not to mention a great gym, exciting ports, history culture and everything in-between!

IMG_2182.jpeg

We are just "forced" to rejoin RCI world cruise on Serenade out of Barcelona in just over a week.  I think that view will be on our horizon.  😉   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

We are just "forced" to rejoin RCI world cruise on Serenade out of Barcelona in just over a week.  I think that view will be on our horizon.  😉   

Safe travels to you and "what's his name".............enjoy!!!!! Tomorrow we celebrate anniversary #51 at Longhorns Steak House. July is my "down month" - starting radiation treatments and lots of "other stuff".

• Like 1