Why no deck umbrellas on Celebrity Apex?

This will be our first time sailing on Celebrity and I like to research and watch videos on YouTube and such. 
We will be sailing on the Apex in December and almost all the videos I have seen online have zero umbrellas on the outdoor deck areas on the Apex????? I can’t find one video where there is deck umbrellas…. I will probably spend most of my time in the solarium, but do they just not have any deck chair umbrellas on this ship?? And why not???

Posted (edited)

I dont remember ever seeing umbrellas on any decks on  Cruise lines we've sailed on either. Shady areas due to overhanging decks, yes. But even those are time of day dependant.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Noworkforme23 said:

This will be our first time sailing on Celebrity and I like to research and watch videos on YouTube and such. 
We will be sailing on the Apex in December and almost all the videos I have seen online have zero umbrellas on the outdoor deck areas on the Apex????? I can’t find one video where there is deck umbrellas…. I will probably spend most of my time in the solarium, but do they just not have any deck chair umbrellas on this ship?? And why not???

Been on over 60 cruises and 9 cruise lines and never had or saw any deck chair umbrellas. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mom says said:

I dont remember ever seeing umbrellas on any decks on  Cruise lines we've sailed on either. Shady areas due to overhanging decks, yes. But even those are time of day dependant.

Some ships have cabanas that can be rented but finding a space under an overhanging deck is what I look for to be in the shade. When you think about it umbrellas would be a bad idea. They could  blow away. 

40 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Been on over 60 cruises and 9 cruise lines and never had or saw any deck chair umbrellas. 

NCL has umbrellas and other cruise lines have them as well. I have seen them in videos on other Celebrity ships like the Ascent as well. 

1 hour ago, Noworkforme23 said:

NCL has umbrellas and other cruise lines have them as well. I have seen them in videos on other Celebrity ships like the Ascent as well. 

I don't recall seeing any umbrellas on the Ascent.  Not sure what videos you are looking at.  They would pose a safety hazard.  You may be thinking of cabanas.

The E class ships have a few deck umbrellas on the Retreat Sundeck.  Unless I was dreaming I thought I saw some deck umbrella on one side of the pool deck on the Ascent. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JBare said:

Seeing is believing, Beyond certainly had collapsible deck umbrellas.

RX602440s.jpg

DSC04058cs.jpg

OK, but those are in the Rooftop Garden. NOT on the pool deck.

My guess is even those are only expanded when the ship is docked in port. I'd imagine the wind while cruising would be too much.

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Who mentioned the pool deck ?

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They're also fixed, non-movable permanent fixtures.

• Like 1

Ascent has always had large umbrellas around the pool deck. All of the E class ships also have them on the Retreat deck. They aren't open that often, even in port, due to the wind. 

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

My guess is even those are only expanded when the ship is docked in port. I'd imagine the wind while cruising would be too much.

The umbrellas are open on the Retreat Sun Deck when at sea unless it is very windy.  Spent many hours under a umbrella on the Edge Tp this spring.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Make sure it is a European brand, as the ingredients are way above US standards.🙃 Fact!

Is that an extra version olive oil based lotion?  I used to apply baby oil with iodine.  PF=1.😀