The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 18th, 2024

2 hours ago, marshhawk said:

I did get DH out today, told him it was a rehearsal for his appointment with the "shrinks" nurse tomorrow which is on the north side of town.I hate driving the highways, and I hate rush hour.  Memorial drive, the 6 lane road near us  was shut down at the bottom of one of the hills, luckily on our way out today, I could see that the road was down to one lane, and I got in the right lane, turned right at the first light and drove around the college  and by passed sitting there for who knows how long.  Even the fire truck could not get to the accident.  Whatever it was had stopped traffic going both ways. 

Dh enjoyed his lunch, he ate the enchilada, he had some chips, he always orders refried bean and rice, and he ate half of them.  We stopped at Pastries a gogo and he got a huge cupcake and ate all of that when he got home.  I got a Filipino dessert made with Taro, the young waitress told me it was very sweet.  She obviously never tried it.  It is good, but not very sweet. I saved a third for a later day snack.

My work hours today are 5-10, in California time that is 2-7 .  I am hoping that I dont fall asleep before 5.  I do have things to do, but really dont feel like doing them.

Todays make me feel better picture is Ephesus.

image.thumb.jpeg.29e50bfd11faac807f86df3d3dfd29b3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ae793afbe0974ddc1072ffa0c9ab620d.jpeg

Annie, it looks like your plan worked and your DH enjoyed his meal.  Where will you go tomorrow after his appointment?  Loved Ephesus, and thanks for the pictures of the Library.

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

@marshhawk  glad Chuck ate well!  Good idea! 

@Sharon in AZ thanks for the info on the chimichangas,  DH loves them!,

@Vict0riann yikes on the fridge!  We were without last year for two days and thought it was bad!  Is your fridge quite new? They don’t seem to last as long as they used to. 

yay!  After six weeks we can now water with sprinklers weekly!    My thirsty yard is looking forward to it 

Brenda, glad your water is back to normal, and your thirsty yard can get some water.

57 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

RIP Bob Newhart, he was 94.

Sorry to learn about Bob Newhart's death at 94.

Lenda

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

In less than a year, the ice maker in a Samsung fridge we got in Dec 2019 stopped working. Tech replaced the "brains" as he referred to the circuit board and said it was a known issue. Last summer it stopped working again.

So, I agree - technology heavy items seem to be finicky and have issues.

Since it is out of warranty, we now use a small counter top ice maker and will get the fridge fixed when something else goes wrong with the fridge. We're just 2 people who don't use a lot of ice, so the portable one is more than adequate for us. But ask me how I feel about if we ever want to fill an ice chest, lol.

Yep, we replaced our Samsung unit after they replaced it once under warranty and then the same problem with the freezer occurred again in just under 6 years. Our countertop ice maker is stored for now, I hope the new LG lasts longer! Had to laugh when reading reviews about the "Samsuck" brand!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 0106 said:

Sorry this happened to you.  Who did you pay $63?  

I have booked several Flexible Flightease fares and selected my seats American and Delta on the Flightease site.  I wait about 24 hours and then go to the airlines to double check my seat assignment.  If there is any schedule change, I double check my seat assignments.  

2 hours ago, 0106 said:

I would call Flightease, it might be to late to get your money back but it seems like it was their fault.

I hope you and your multiple personalities enjoy the cruise.😉

Just got off phone with HAL, and Flightease. Apparently the regular agents are now able to do bookings and some trouble shooting.

Bottom line, they can’t do anything about it. The airlines handle seats. And the ones I booked are now mostly booked. So lesson learned- I’ll be checking, and re-checking seat reservations in the future. My original seats were further back but still economy.

We’ll never know if it was a failed pass-through, a restore/ overwrite error or something else. On either side of the transaction. 

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Yep, we replaced our Samsung unit after they replaced it once under warranty and then the same problem with the freezer occurred again in just under 6 years. Our countertop ice maker is stored for now, I hope the new LG lasts longer! Had to laugh when reading reviews about the "Samsuck" brand!

Sounds like you've been exactly where I am now, Samsung-wise, lol. The rest of the fridge is great!

• Like 10

Hello everyone.  Checking in late for no particular reason.  It’s been a busy day of unpacking, three dump runs, weeding, and now watching a wild turkey at the bird feeder. 

The meal suggestion sounds tasty; pass on the drink.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good late afternoon,

We're home from the theater, it was excellent!  Being "Clue" fans, we really enjoyed it and it was obvious the whole audience enjoyed it too.  We had 3rd row center seats, a gift from our DD for taking care of their cats for a month.

And in the mail I got my excuse from jury duty so it's been a very good day. 🙂 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good late afternoon,

We're home from the theater, it was excellent!  Being "Clue" fans, we really enjoyed it and it was obvious the whole audience enjoyed it too.  We had 3rd row center seats, a gift from our DD for taking care of their cats for a month.

And in the mail I got my excuse from jury duty so it's been a very good day. 🙂 

Congrats on both.😎

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Since I posted we've arrived at the dock and the weather app says it is now 64F.  It also says it's sunny out but that is false. May even be raining. 

Debbie @dfish enjoy your day in Ann Arbor.  The weather looks good, doesn't it?  75 and sunny.  I've been to the Art Fair before and it's a good time and very interesting.

And Bon Voyage to Katherine @Lady Hudson!  Enjoy!

It was a really nice day.  I had a good time talking with people.  During the lull times John and I had some good conversation.  

13 hours ago, kochleffel said:

I had a hypoglycemic episode around 9:00 p.m. last night, the first in several years. I'm not on any medication to reduce blood sugar, so it was quite a surprise. After it I was very tired and so went to bed early, unfortunately waking at 4:00 a.m.

Paul, not only are hypoglycemic episodes scary, they are dangerous.  You can die quickly from a hypoglycemic episode.  High blood sugar takes longer.  Sometimes it can be a reactive low to a high carb meal.  Talk to your doctor about it.

@Vict0riann I am so sorry to hear of the refrigerator woes.  I hope it gets sorted out soon.

@marshhawk Annie, Chuck's situation sounds pretty serious.  I'd be asking the doctor to lay it on the line.  

Now, I am going to collapse on the couch with a big glass of wine!

• Like 14

Checking in late. Great to hear that Chuck enjoyed a meal, and Annie’s gotta feel better about that!  

Oiy, double oiy on Ann and Pat’s fridge, but hoping for better news from surgeon and cardiologist!!  

Trusting Jacqui had a good day!  

Everybody in my hemisphere have a good rest tonight, those in the other hemisphere, have a great day!  m—

• Like 15

Good morning.

It is partly sunny and 62°F here at 07.49am.

It is forecast to get up to 80°F here and to be the hottest day of the year so far in the UK.

Best wishes to all Dailyites.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1