Arrival time on app while on a cruise

Hello,  I have searched for the answer to this topic and only found older info.  I am cruising late Aug and during the cruise the check in for an Oct cruise will occur during the Aug sailing. Has anyone been able to do so?  I see some people have stated that you cannot check in on the app while on a cruise.  Since you can no longer check in on the website I was wondering what my options are.

Thanks,

Kathy

40 minutes ago, cruisekap said:

Hello,  I have searched for the answer to this topic and only found older info.  I am cruising late Aug and during the cruise the check in for an Oct cruise will occur during the Aug sailing. Has anyone been able to do so?  I see some people have stated that you cannot check in on the app while on a cruise.  Since you can no longer check in on the website I was wondering what my options are.

Thanks,

Kathy

You cannot use the spp to check in for a cruise while on a cruise.  

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Could we use the ships computers as an option.  This will happen to me also.

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I haven't seen a computer on a ship.in a long time. 

Navigator has them. Just got off and dh used them to print out his puzzle. 

27 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I may be wrong, but I think there were computers in the Crown lounge on Adventure when we were on last month. I noticed and was surprised.

29 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think that Anthem still has them.  Did you look up in the library when you were there?

If you have a paid Voom plan use a VPN to check in while on board or wait until you are in port with cellular coverage (TMobile includes nearly all cruise destinations) or find a venue at a port of call that has WiFi like a bar, store or restaurant.  

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Harmony had them in the crown lounge I used one because I needed to print out something. 

I'm pretty sure there was another computer up in the card room. I borrowed some printing paper from there. Higher deck maybe deck 14 aft card room. Where they had some books to borrow.

Edited by firefly333

The info I have from the website is that you have to check in on the app or at the port.  Not able to do it on the website.  Correct? Below are screenshots from the website for my cruise. I love the earliest arrival time and was hoping to book it for the second cruise while on this one.

royal 2.png

royal 1.png

It has happened to us several times.

You can't use a ship computer and you can't check in on the App or the website while connected to their Wifi.

We have checked in with a local signal at Coco Cay and even picked up a local phone signal transitioning through the Bahamas.

The other times we just had to wait.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ken, we were on Radiance Alaska last week and had no problem using the app to get our arrival time for Jewel next month (didn't know I couldn't, so I tried it).  Just selected the other cruise, went down to the checkin link, and selected a time like we do when off a ship.  I filled in the rest of the information when I got home, although app did let me select the personal information page.  Kind of weird doing this at 4 in the afternoon rather than late at night.  I suppose it is possible I had a non-ship internet connection - we were docked in Juneau.  I look up other cruises all the time while onboard.

3 hours ago, njkruzer said:

You can still check in online.

I am not sure how.  On the website there is no Check In option for this cruise.

I have done it. It wouldn’t let me pick the arrival time until I went back to the cabin and put all my passport info in.  We used ship WiFi at the time through the app.  This was about a year ago so maybe it’s different now?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cruisekap said:

Thanks,

Kathy

I will have the same situation soon, having check in open up for my next cruise while on a cruise,  While this may be inconvenient, I feel fortunate to have this “problem”

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Adventure has a room full on deck 8. Printed a document in there last week. 

I wondered why that space was not repurposed for something else. 
m

7 hours ago, LeeW said:

Ken, we were on Radiance Alaska last week and had no problem using the app to get our arrival time for Jewel next month (didn't know I couldn't, so I tried it).  Just selected the other cruise, went down to the checkin link, and selected a time like we do when off a ship.  I filled in the rest of the information when I got home, although app did let me select the personal information page.  Kind of weird doing this at 4 in the afternoon rather than late at night.  I suppose it is possible I had a non-ship internet connection - we were docked in Juneau.  I look up other cruises all the time while onboard.

Yes, you were likely able to check in as you were not using the ship  app/Wi-Fi. That will work fine. 

Check in for an upcoming cruise opened while we were on Adventure last week.  Check-in was not possible as long as I was on airplane mode, and using the app. It was our last cruise day, so I waited until we got back to Florida for check in. Very early check-in times were gone, but I was able to get 12 noon.

When the check-in timing opens mid cruise, I will check in at a foreign port  using my international WIFI/calling   plan. 

m

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I think that Anthem still has them.  Did you look up in the library when you were there?

Hello,

Anthem had two earlier this year but I never saw them being used. They were adjacent to a board-games area and the noise wasn't very chess-like.

Regards,

Cublet