The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday July 20th, 2024

My parents were divorced before I remember my dad --- finally met him when I was an adult with a 13 month old daughter on the day of the moon landing....won't ever forget that date.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Checking in late today. Beautiful evening in north Jersey, sitting out on our balcony feels perfect!  

Blessings sent out first thing this morning!  Hope it all works out for Sandi and Dennis getting home, and St Pete Cruisers getting to ship!  Oiy!  

Loving your “feel good” pix Annie. Making it through today!  

Terry, genius ideal for Sandi to buy a pass to Delta lounge, get the concierge to help! Absolutely Brilliant!  

Denise, I feel your mixture of sadness and angst. Hugs today and a better day tomorrow. 

Joy, hoping you can help Bonnie through the shock, and onward to the hope and belief that her path ahead will bring her many years of sharing the joys of Life with her loved ones!  Gentle hugs!  Praying for Amazing!  

Jacqui, please please please go slower than you think you should!  (We know you…). Taking it cautiously is a beautiful way of loving yourself…. I know you know that, just saying… (And I’m not going to ask you, What would José tell you? because I know you can hear him…. 💝 🤗). 

Paul, I cracked up out loud and almost dropped my phone at your mention that maybe Sandi and Dennis are destined to start a new life in Boston!  Humor in a crisis is so leveling!  👍

Terry, loved DB pic in the prized sweater!  A keeper, DB and the sweater too 😉

We’ve had a good day!  Went a to lecture on some “outta this world” ideas about how space colonies might work!  Bizarre but good for me stretch my thinking a bit. And a quick stop at the our new, very handy fitness center!  

And 🫣 DH’s has had 2 eye-pressure readings this week in that pesky left eye at or below target!  🤞 Maybe it’s settling down.  If this can be a trend, maybe just maybe he can stay off the eye meds?  That would be SO Amazing! I know you’re all with us on that!  Many thanks!  

My picture of last night’s moon isn’t as good as Bruce’s but it sure was nice sitting with it. 

IMG_2556.thumb.jpeg.b1f4851f38d5755b07fc9129c9cba014.jpeg

Keeping watch for good news coming in. And to all a Good Night (or G’Day). m—

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Hi all. We could not arrange for a flight before Monday. Flight Ease never answered the call to them. We were on hold an hour or so. So I booked a car near the cruise port before they all sold out. Driving in the northeast is a disaster. We averaged 37 mph the first 6 hours!  We’re on 81 south of Carlisle Pennsylvania and will stop when we’re tired. Probably wouldn’t sleep a wink in a hotel anyway. Talk to you tomorrow sometime. 😉

• Like 10
  • Thanks 20

13 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Hi all. We could not arrange for a flight before Monday. Flight Ease never answered the call to them. We were on hold an hour or so. So I booked a car near the cruise port before they all sold out. Driving in the northeast is a disaster. We averaged 37 mph the first 6 hours!  We’re on 81 south of Carlisle Pennsylvania and will stop when we’re tired. Probably wouldn’t sleep a wink in a hotel anyway. Talk to you tomorrow sometime. 😉

Safe travels Sandi & Dennis!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sandi, what a mess.  Safe travels.  I hope ypu get some sleep tonight

Lenda

• Like 12

Good Evening All,

Its been hot here in SoCal, but not as hot as so many other places have been. Was at a convention the past days and this morning was watching planes land in the FOG. Now sitting in the intense sun at Angel Stadium waiting for Harvest Crusade to begin (Greg Laurie, Phil Wickham, Chris Tomlin). We have 30 minutes to go and it’s pretty full. Security is starting to show up in the outfield stands so they must be getting ready to fill them too. 

@StLouisCruisers safe travels to you. 

Have a great rest of the day!

• Like 11

Today has been a horrible day.  There is water leaking from the a/c vent in the master bath.  The A/C tech was here and he thought he fixed the problem.  After he left the water started leaking again.  He was not able to come back today but promised to come back tomorrow.  

i am terrified of having another flood in this house. i don’t know who to call to get this resolved.  The A/C is less than two years old and we have have nothing but trouble with it. We have had a lot of rain and don’t know if we have a leak in the roof.  Why do all these things happen on the weekend? When I said that this is a new HVAC, I was told that the drain and whatever is not covered under the warranty.  I am so tired.😭

Terri

• Like 4
  • Thanks 10

9 hours ago, Nickelpenny said:

While posting previously, I thought I would look at my flight for my cruise in October.  THEY CHANGED IT!!  Instead of going through JFK, it is now ATL.  I had planned on visiting a friend in NY as there was a long layover.  But after accepting the new itinerary (with a long layover in ATL - yuck!) I found another flight with only a 5 hour layover in ATL and getting into Barcelona 40 minutes later than originally planned with no increase of fare (I actually got $5 credit).  The only downside is now I have to get myself to Phx very, very early in the morning.  I tend to look at my seats every couple of days and tend to change them frequently.  Plus, I like to see if there is a reasonable cost for an upgrade (I am going Comfort+ now).  Boy, I am glad I looked!!

Wow Pennie.  Glad it worked out for you though. 

I also check my flights frequently and check upgrade prices. In fact I have been working on my return flight this week, searching through various flights and connections, and decided that yesterday was the day to upgrade, of course that didn’t happen because of all the IT issues. The website just spinned and spinned. I finally called this morning even though I knew it would take forever but I really wanted a particular seat. I laughed when it said the return call would be 1.40 — 2.20 hours, but it was only 1.30 hours.  I got my upgrade done with the right price. I’m going through Phoenix too but flying, I’m not a driver. 

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

Good evening!  I was busy this morning with the phone call to the airline and then a hair appointment and then grocery store. I took DGD with me, she is a big help when I shop. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, what a welcome home you got!  Glad to hear you are on your way home via car. 

Bon Voyage to @cunnorl and @St Pete Cruiser!! ⛴⛴⛴ 

@St Pete Cruiser, safe journey to Bar Harbor!  

All this has made me wonder how you notify the ship that you are embarking a day late. Does anyone know?

A storm started developing from the east over the Rincons but must have moved north instead. Now we are getting the storm that was coming from the southeast. Good steady rain. 

IMG_5708.thumb.jpeg.c30cbe3457f51219c02c2931525f5944.jpeg

Have a good evening everyone. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 11

Good evening. We have had some light showers today. I will take any rain we can get. Thunder rumbles on and off. At least it is staying relatively cool for the next day or so.

Sandi - glad you are headed home although faced with a long drive. Terri... bummer on the water leak. Hope they can find the problem and solve it quickly.

Susan

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good evening!  I was busy this morning with the phone call to the airline and then a hair appointment and then grocery store. I took DGD with me, she is a big help when I shop. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers, what a welcome home you got!  Glad to hear you are on your way home via car. 

Bon Voyage to @cunnorl and @St Pete Cruiser!! ⛴⛴⛴ 

@St Pete Cruiser, safe journey to Bar Harbor!  

All this has made me wonder how you notify the ship that you are embarking a day late. Does anyone know?

A storm started developing from the east over the Rincons but must have moved north instead. Now we are getting the storm that was coming from the southeast. Good steady rain. 

IMG_5708.thumb.jpeg.c30cbe3457f51219c02c2931525f5944.jpeg

Have a good evening everyone. 

Good Evening from Bar Harbor. 

You need to call the day of travel emergency number which is listed on your boarding documents if you miss a flight,etc.

We arrived in Bangor at 6pm and Lyft ride to our hotel in Bar Harbor for tonight. After a rough day, the hotel I picked is beautiful. 

Expecting to board Zuiderdam tomorrow. 

20240720_220440.jpg

20240720_220054.jpg

20240720_215940.jpg

20240720_220227.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

You need to call the day of travel emergency number which is listed on your boarding documents if you miss a flight,etc.

We arrived in Bangor at 6pm and Lyft ride to our hotel in Bar Harbor for tonight. After a rough day, the hotel I picked is beautiful. 

20240720_220440.jpg

20240720_220054.jpg

20240720_215940.jpg

20240720_220227.jpg

Thank you!  Glad you are in Bar Harbor even though it’s late. Sleep good and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@St Pete Cruiser 🤞All smooth from here on…. Thanks for letting us know. You really made a Herculean effort to make it happen!  Never daunted even into the wee hours!  And now you’re there!  👏 Glad the hotel is beautiful!  
Bon Voyage!  m—

@StLouisCruisers After such a harrowing day I hope you get some rest to refuel you for the next leg. On the road again….  

@Cruzin Terri It’s so disheartening to hear you are going through this bad turn of events, and not anywhere near at your best.  As hard as it is to see the horizon from the bottom of the trough, it’s there!  Praying the next wave will lift you up. m—

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

20240720_220440.jpg

20240720_220054.jpg

20240720_215940.jpg

20240720_220227.jpg

Glad to hear you made it to Bar Harbor - one step from boarding the ship for some much needed rest! Have a great cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1