HAPPY HOUR

BettyNL

If you’re in a full suite on a Royal class ship, there is happy hour in the Concierge Lounge from 5:30 - 7:30 pm every night. We’ve been going there every night at 5:30 pm since we boarded the Sky Princess to get two free glasses of Moscato before heading to dinner. 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, memoak said:

The old BOGO happy hour is long gone. Either you pay per drink or have a package

That was so much fun! I think it was buy one get one for $1, when I went. It was in the WheelHouse bar. So many wonderful memories with my dad & brother doing this. 
I like the Plus package so much better though. 😁

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

@BamaVol Can people still pre purchase small bottles of alcohol? There’s a past post of yours where you give instructions (select beverage tab at top of website), but there is NO beverage tab. Do you know if this is still available? Thanks. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

@BamaVol Can people still pre purchase small bottles of alcohol? There’s a past post of yours where you give instructions (select beverage tab at top of website), but there is NO beverage tab. Do you know if this is still available? Thanks. 

Yes, it is still available. It's under the "Onboard Services" tab. image.png.2d0ebfb2140987fb47a85c615d8e7413.png

Then select:

Princess Wine & Spirits

I just got done posting the liquor pricing on another thread. Here it is again:

Cognac
Courvoisier VSOP 350ml bottle
Item #2345

$33.04

Whiskey
Jim Beam 375ml bottle
Item #2335

$17.70

Crown Royal 375ml bottle
Item #2333

$23.60

Jack Daniel's 375ml bottle
Item #2334

$28.32

====================

Scotch
Cutty Sark (375ml bottle)
Item #2341

$17.70

Johnnie Walker Red Label 375ml bottle
Item #2340

$25.96

====================

Vodka
Skyy 375ml bottle
Item #2353

$17.70

Absolut 375ml bottle
Item #2352

$21.24

====================

Rum
Bacardi White 375ml bottle
Item #2359

$17.70

Cruzan Coconut Rum 375ml bottle
Item #2360

$17.70

====================

Gin
Gordon's 375ml bottle
Item #2367

$17.70

Bombay Sapphire 375ml bottle
Item #2366

$23.60

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

After you log in and select your cruise, choose "EXTRAS" from the topic headings, then scroll down through the wine to liquor.

To be honest, we've had no problem bringing our own onboard for drinks in our cabins. We just finished a 14-day cruise, and we carried liquor, beer, and wine on at every port. It was all scanned with no comments from Princess personnel, and no corkage fees. 😉

@Teechur I’d like to bring on, but don’t want to get “caught” and then thrown off the ship/NOT allowed to get on. Yeah, I’m a goody 2 shoes. If you have tips to bring on, that’d be great. I assume best way is to put into reusable water bottle, but figured security will check. 

8 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

@Teechur I’d like to bring on, but don’t want to get “caught” and then thrown off the ship/NOT allowed to get on. Yeah, I’m a goody 2 shoes. If you have tips to bring on, that’d be great. I assume best way is to put into reusable water bottle, but figured security will check. 

You would not be thrown off but you might lose the booze 

• Like 2

We just bought these products at liquor stores, and carried them on in shopping bags, then put the bags through the scanner. No questions asked. We carried smaller bottles in case they were confiscated, but it never happened. We saw several people carrying 1.75-liter bottles of liquor onboard. One friend brought a beer, which passed, so he began carrying on 6-packs.

It's perfectly "legal" to carry on wine, and you "could" have to pay $20 per bottle "corkage". We were never asked to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teechur said:

We just bought these products at liquor stores, and carried them on in shopping bags, then put the bags through the scanner. No questions asked. We carried smaller bottles in case they were confiscated, but it never happened. We saw several people carrying 1.75-liter bottles of liquor onboard. One friend brought a beer, which passed, so he began carrying on 6-packs.

This works much better in ports other than embarkation. That is where one is likely to have their liquor confiscated if it's going to happen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This works much better in ports other than embarkation. That is where one is likely to have their liquor confiscated if it's going to happen.

I agree, although a smaller bottle of rum in my checked suitcase at embarkation has never warranted a stop at the inspection room. Years ago, my friend's suitcase was flagged for a 3-liter box of wine. He had to go claim his bag, but amazingly, they didn't take the wine. Just reminded him that it was not allowed.

• Like 1

At 15 drinks per day x $15 who needs happy hour. I also won't be paying $8 for a drink in the Elite Lounge, although I might partake in a few canapes. Presumably you can obtain a drink in the Elite Lounge with your Plus Package or take one through with you. Not a misery guts, but when you pay for a Package and then get a mini bar in your cabin I really cannot see the point in paying extra for drinks and if the drinks available are so bad why would anyone buy a package?.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Babyfat101 said:

If you have tips to bring on, that’d be great. 

Before the packages had the popularity they do now, I asked a liquor store worker in Juneau, AK, if he sold much to cruisers. He said his biggest seller was vodka in flat plastic 375ml bottles, indicating they fit into the front pants pocket, shirt tail out.

Agree with the poster who wrote this is more a port of call thing than embarkation day.

For those that drink enough to warrant bringing aboard, nowadays, the packages argue benefit, all things considered.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Teechur said:

To be honest, we've had no problem bringing our own onboard for drinks in our cabins. We just finished a 14-day cruise, and we carried liquor, beer, and wine on at every port. It was all scanned with no comments from Princess personnel, and no corkage fees. 😉

I always bring back a sampling of local beers from ports to try onboard. Never been a problem.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Before the packages had the popularity they do now, I asked a liquor store worker in Juneau, AK, if he sold much to cruisers. He said his biggest seller was vodka in flat plastic 375ml bottles, indicating they fit into the front pants pocket, shirt tail out.

Many years ago, when they did check for alcohol, my favorite get-around was to tuck a rum-filled water bottle into the hood of the sweatshirt I was wearing and walk through the metal detector. It didn't trigger an alarm and was too high up for them to see. Now we simply put alcohol through the scanner in the original containers.

We also buy drinks every day using OBC. Lately, our group has occupied 3 cabins, and we gather in one for happy hour to sample regional beverages before moving down to a bar, and then dinner. The packages don't appeal to us because we would simply drink more. This way, we have lots of fun and no hangovers.

Next month we embark on an Alaska cruise with 6 of us in 3 mini-suites. Oh, what fun!!! 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

At 15 drinks per day x $15 who needs happy hour. I also won't be paying $8 for a drink in the Elite Lounge, although I might partake in a few canapes. Presumably you can obtain a drink in the Elite Lounge with your Plus Package or take one through with you. Not a misery guts, but when you pay for a Package and then get a mini bar in your cabin I really cannot see the point in paying extra for drinks and if the drinks available are so bad why would anyone buy a package?.

Agree ….if you have a drink package the elite/platinum/full suite evening lounge is no big deal on the drinks for the people that have a package. Of course it’s a full bar. You can order anything you want and you can even go to another bar prior to  PES lounge and bring it in with you.

Yes, elite and suites get the minibar set up in their cabin. Platinum do not ,but they’re able to attend this lounge and for those that don’t have an alcohol package perhaps $8 drink from the list is good enough for them. So many choices out there.

If you have a package, you don’t pay any extra for drinks in the PES lounge, unless you are over your limit of drinks.

Not  everyone that cruises ,drinks alcohol that wants to attend the elite ,platinum,full suite lounge.