C&A Update: Single supplement will be 125% for TAs/TPs/Panama Canal for DP 340 and above

EXCITING UPDATE: SINGLE SUPPLEMENT BENEFIT
Starting August 1, Pinnacle Club and Diamond Plus members with more than 340 points will enjoy a reduced single supplement cruise fare of 125% on all Transatlantic, Transpacific, and Panama Canal sailings. We want to make booking these popular voyages even easier. For all other sailings, you will continue to enjoy a reduced single supplement fare of 150%.
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, little britain said:

I got 150% on my transatlantics so this is a reduction on benefits?  That’s not an Exciting Update in my book!! 

125% is less than paying 150% solo supplement. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I got 2 of those. Wonder if it changes my prices. From what I hear the Panama transit the regular balconies are sold out. I'll ask but not holding my breath. But good news.

I'm guessing you can but they will price it at today's rate not the rate on the day that you booked.  Wish they would offer it on ALL sailings

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

I got 150% on my transatlantics so this is a reduction on benefits?  That’s not an Exciting Update in my book!! 

Don’t feel bad.  It confused me, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

I’m still confused tbh! 

If the cruise cost was $3000 for 2, that would be $1500 each. Single Supplement is typically expressed as a multiple of the per person cost for a double occupancy cabin. 

If single supplement is 200%, the solo traveler would pay $1500 * 200% = $3,000

If single supplement is 150%, the solo traveler would pay $1500 * 150% = $2,250

If single supplement is 125%, the solo traveler would pay $1500 * 125% = $1,875

It is an increase in the benefit. Haven't been many of those in the last couple years.

mac_tlc 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Don’t feel bad.  It confused me, too.

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

I’m still confused tbh! 

Instead of paying 1 1/2 times the fare you will now be paying 1 1/4 the fare

$1,000 pp at over 340 points is now $1500  It will be $1250

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I already have the Radiance Panama transit for 4 Oct 25 booked at 179/day including $600 OBC.  Now my same cabin is priced over $1000/day.  I wish I could have that 125% rate for my existing booking.  There is no benefit at all to rebooking for that "Benefit".

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, gmerick said:

I already have the Radiance Panama transit for 4 Oct 25 booked at 179/day including $600 OBC.  Now my same cabin is priced over $1000/day.  I wish I could have that 125% rate for my existing booking.  There is no benefit at all to rebooking for that "Benefit".

I don't think there's an expectation for cruises already booked just due to how prices naturally increase as time goes on.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gmerick said:

That was my guess though last time I looked my balcony category was sold out. I asked anyway, cant hurt to ask i thought. I'm booked on the same cruise as you and balconys went so fast. Either priced too cheap or everyone including me wanted a Panama transit and a balcony to watch from. 

7 minutes ago, gmerick said:

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

That was my guess though last time I looked my balcony category was sold out. I asked anyway, cant hurt to ask i thought. I'm booked on the same cruise as you and balconys went so fast. Either priced too cheap or everyone including me wanted a Panama transit and a balcony to watch from. 

Me three.  😄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't think there's an expectation for cruises already booked just due to how prices naturally increase as time goes on.

Well you saw just posts in this thread 3 of us on radiance Panama transit.

Last I checked there was a connecting balcony for over $17,000 ... did someone book it? Lol

Now all balconys and suites are sold out... oct 2025. More than a year away, only insides and ovs left. That's why I'm thinking it's a no. .. though my TA isnt sold out. The panama sure is for my category. 

Nope not even for 17k, cant book a balcony. 

20240729_143819183.jpeg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Got that right 2 of my PC Cruises are about 200% and 250% higher today then day were released and thats with the current 150% Disc. Rates on these have been jumping first week out as Cabins Book faster then 2+ yrs ago

Edited by ONECRUISER

Just spoke to NextCruise on the Symphony.  The agent said NOT ALL (TA, PC, TP) sailing are eligible for the 125%.  There are a few that are not eligible.  He has a list, which I did not get to see.  Typical RCCL -- there is always a catch and exception to make thing more complicated than what it is!  Sometimes, I think they are running out of work to do.

As a frequent solo cruiser DP340 has had a huge financial impact for me.  Over the years it's saved my thousands.  

Occasionally you can find 125% solo supplements here and there, sometimes even during DP340 blackout periods.  

If more repo cruises get down to 125% that will be great.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, little britain said:

You would rather pay 150% than 125%?

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm on pace to hit 340 in October of next year. Yay me.

Unfortunately TAs and TPs aren't in the cards for a while.

And the DP340 doesnt kick in right away. I turned previous sep before last. Cant apply to dec, after final payment ... no cant be applied to January because group rates had already been recalled... we can use it for the next April cruise, yea!  It can be applied to already booked. .. just not right away. It was wait wait wait for the pts to post, then wait to apply it. 

9 hours ago, twangster said:

As a frequent solo cruiser DP340 has had a huge financial impact for me.  Over the years it's saved my thousands.  

Occasionally you can find 125% solo supplements here and there, sometimes even during DP340 blackout periods.  

If more repo cruises get down to 125% that will be great.

Hello,

I've booked the Single Special rate during the (new) 'black-out' (mid June - mid August) period but only because the muppets inputting the UK prices used the old black-out dates of (all) July & August.

You just can't get the staff these days.

Regards,

Cublet

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

125% is less than paying 150% solo supplement. 

Hello,

I know we are two nations divided by a common language but I've always looked upon a 'supplement' as an addition and not a multiplier.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 3