RCCL Website Issues?

Last night and now again tonight the Plan My Cruise portion of the website is continually not loading and getting error messages saying "Hang tight, lots of guests are sailing through our site". It's 2024 and RCCL IT still can't put up a robust website? Record profits going to shareholders instead of IT I guess. What a joke....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

Last night and now again tonight the Plan My Cruise portion of the website is continually not loading and getting error messages

While still an IT issue, that is likely an individual problem not a site wide issue. Clearing cache and/or using another browser/device usually fixes that.

• Like 2

I've been going nuts with both RCCL and Celebrity requiring me to establish new passwords if I log in with more than a few days in between logins. Annoying.

I'm wondering if it's because I flip between using the phone app and the web site???

Luckily, I have a password generating app on both my pc and phone, and it automatically updates and synchs any changes, but I'm getting tired of constantly have to do this.

3 hours ago, pcur said:

I've been going nuts with both RCCL and Celebrity requiring me to establish new passwords if I log in with more than a few days in between logins. Annoying.

I'm wondering if it's because I flip between using the phone app and the web site???

Luckily, I have a password generating app on both my pc and phone, and it automatically updates and synchs any changes, but I'm getting tired of constantly have to do this.

Hmmm, that does seem odd 🤔 I haven't had that problem, but I continue to have to login on my phone even though I check the box that says "keep me logged in" every time. 

It stays logged in on my computer (using Google chrome browser), but logs me out every hour or so on my phone (safari iPhone browser).

While we're complaining about IT, would it be so hard for RC to add a "frequent travelers" button so that we don't have to constantly enter the second (or 3rd or 4th) persons name every time we're price shopping? 

Southwest Airlines does this and it makes it so much easier to buy my daughter's plane tickets because her name, frequent flier #, TSA pre-check #, and contact info are pre-loaded and all I have to do is click on "frequent traveler" in my account and then select her name. Saves so much time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pcur said:

Like you I frequently use both the phone app and web site, but I am not having any password problems. If anything I am having the opposite problem, I haven’t changed my RCI/X password in at least a couple of years. Most apps/web sites I use prompt me to change my password every 90 days or so (the time varies from site to site). 

6 minutes ago, BND said:

I can't even log into the website right now.  I keep getting "bad request".  App is fine.

Just an FYI, I just logged into the website without any issue. The problem you are experiencing is most likely on your end 

16 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just an FYI, I just logged into the website without any issue. The problem you are experiencing is most likely on your end 

Or, like a lot of the time, some people have problems and some don't. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Last night and now again tonight the Plan My Cruise portion of the website is continually not loading and getting error messages saying "Hang tight, lots of guests are sailing through our site". It's 2024 and RCCL IT still can't put up a robust website? Record profits going to shareholders instead of IT I guess. What a joke....

Just checked the website and my planner for an upcoming cruise via my pc and the app and both are working fine without any issue.  Also was on last night as well with no problems.  Sorry, but as others indicate, I don't think its an RCCL IT or website issue as you suggest.  JMO

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The Keep Me Logged In has never worked for my Chrome connection and for about the last month I've been getting a blank page that says something about the server not being able to identify it or something.  I clear cache as well and my machine is very well maintained, my Hubs owns his own computer consulting company.  He just tells me to log onto Edge which works ok.

Another issue I have noticed, when searching for cruise, they do not all show up so I feel like I’m possibly missing out on a cruise option and I am looking for when I am available to sail. I confirmed this because I was price checking an existing cruise I have booked, and it did not populate using find a cruise, only filtering on my ship and sail month.  However, when I went straight to ships from the drop down and hit book now, the cruise, of course was there as an option. 

I use Chrome.  When I tried to just go in via just starting to type royal and the page popped up with the "bad request".  But when I hit the link from the email I got today for our Sat cruise, it worked fine.  Kind of weird as it's the same site using the save browser.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

This is so frustrating while in the middle of researching cruises. The available cruises disappeared. I know there are 4 cruise options available with these parameters. image.thumb.png.2dd2fedfccd6fd36338f3e95016e17c0.png

If you reset your filters and have it show all cruises it still doesn't work. Website is completely busted right now.