Shampoo and Conditioner

14 minutes ago, racnwdow said:

Are shampoo and conditioner still provided in the bathrooms?  Particularly Radiance, but assume they are the same. TIA

Depends on cabin category. If you are not in a suite, they are either in pump bottles mounted inside of the shower stall or tiny bottles of cheap product.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Depends on cabin category. If you are not in a suite, they are either in pump bottles mounted inside of the shower stall or tiny bottles of cheap product.

Not a suite, just a lowly balcony.  lol   TY 

4 hours ago, racnwdow said:

Are shampoo and conditioner still provided in the bathrooms?  Particularly Radiance, but assume they are the same. TIA

I would also add that while the combo stuff in the shower dispensers works reasonably well as a body wash, I tried it once as a shampoo and once was enough. 😉 If you are AT ALL particular about your shampoo, I'd recommend bringing your own. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

How nice is your hair? Unless a dry rats nest is the look you're going for, pack your own.

Non-suites have 1 product in the shower of combination soap-and-shampoo. It's barely useful as soap. I wouldn't dare put it in my hair. I'd let my hair be dirty, or rinse it with water only, for an entire 2 weeks, before I put that stuff in my hair. But I also have really nice hair ☺️😂.

Edited by ARandomTraveler
  • Haha 1

Personally, my hair loves the gloop and it has never looked so bouncy!  I try to use the gloop alternating with the stuff in the little tubes and I think gloop days are better. 
The brand is Salt & Breeze. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

D+ 340 get small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion.

Must be nice.  As a Pinnacle we don't get anything...even when I asked.  Only when we are in a GS and above...which is most of the time.    But when I can't get a suite...the "all in one caustic body wash" is all you get.  

Now I always bring my own...even in a suite (don't like the new products in those either).   Though the lotion is nice still.  

Edited by island lady

I only use the shower stuff to wash clothes, and even then it’s only when/if I run out of the small detergent bottle I bring.  
I recommend you bring small bottles of your own shampoo and conditioner, that stuff is harsh.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Must be nice.  As a Pinnacle we don't get anything...even when I asked.  Only when we are in a GS and above...which is most of the time.    But when I can't get a suite...the "all in one caustic body wash" is all you get.  

I get the “upgraded” bottles every cruise. This benefit is clearly listed as applying to Pinnacles along with D+ with 340 or more points. However, I don’t think you are losing out on much not getting these bottles. 

16 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

D+ 340 get small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion.

We get those bottles, but even still, I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. I do like the lotion though. And the body wash I use to wash clothes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I get the “upgraded” bottles every cruise. This benefit is clearly listed as applying to Pinnacles along with D+ with 340 or more points. However, I don’t think you are losing out on much not getting these bottles. 

What is the upgrade?

Is it a brand name?

When we first sailed on Spectrum it was L'Occitane

4 minutes ago, compman9 said:

What is the upgrade?

Is it a brand name?

When we first sailed on Spectrum it was L'Occitane

The name on the bottles are Salt+Breeze. I always get four bottles: shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. I never use them so I can’t comment on them. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Indeed...I could probably push it.  It's just housekeeping being cheap...but I don't like their products anyway and always bring my own.  

I even bring my own bar soaps.  Don't like their baby soap chips.  😉 

Edited by island lady

4 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We too, always just ask for the bottles every cruise, and receive them,  my husband actually likes  the shampoo and conditioner. I bring my own.  

This time, I guess since we are on the 22 day cruise out of Amsterdam, the cabin attendant brought us two sets😂.

Sherri🙂

My hair would not react well to a 2:1 kind of situation.  I did stop brining body wash/bar soap.  For my hair I use shampoo bars and conditioning bars.  Even easier to travel with than the 3oz liquid.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Now I always bring my own...even in a suite (don't like the new products in those either).   Though the lotion is nice still.  

Strange. We always get the 4 separate little tubes. Sometimes they are even there waiting for us. 

2 hours ago, luvbrady said:

My hair would not react well to a 2:1 kind of situation.  I did stop brining body wash/bar soap.  For my hair I use shampoo bars and conditioning bars.  Even easier to travel with than the 3oz liquid.

I have a couple of 20+ day cruises in the near future, and I was looking into bars. Any recommendations? 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Indeed...I could probably push it.  It's just housekeeping being cheap...but I don't like their products anyway and always bring my own.  

I even bring my own bar soaps.  Don't like their baby soap chips.  😉 

The lotion is acceptable …… hubby uses the shampoo…..as I said, I sometimes use the body wash for clothes if I run out of the detergent I bring. 😁

• Like 1